Catalysts "Cannot Trade Across Platforms" now?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TI99Kitty, Mar 28, 2023.

1. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Has anyone else noticed that catalysts are no longer able to be sent through the mail? I'm wondering about the reason for this change. Is it because players like me who don't have maxed-out banks and inventories keep shuffling catalysts between toons by using the mail?

It's not all catalysts; it's the augment catalysts and the highest-level Omnipotence catalysts. And it's pretty recent. The last time I was able to send them through the mail was the 23rd:
    [IMG]
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Why are you using the mail? Use your shared bank that's what it's there for.
  3. Irvynnge Loyal Player

4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Most catalysts (outside of Titans ones and OP 'food' stuffs) have always been platform bound. However you should be able to mail them between toons on the same platform, like your alts. I mailed a bunch just last night between toons both on alt accounts and same account. What are some you are having this issue on....specifically?
    • Like x 1
  5. BumblingB I got better.

Any item that can directly be purchased on the Market Place, is not able to be traded between platforms.

You should be able to mail them to the same account or others on the same platform. (I do it all the time with league and myself.) I don't know what happens if you attempt to mail it to someone on another platform.
  6. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Because my shared bank is full of now non-mailable catalysts.
  7. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

It's what I've been doing since I started getting the DLC catalysts. All my toons are on the same account, and it's only been the last few days that I haven't been able to do it.
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Your shared bank is for moving items between characters on the same account. You can't do that if it's full.
  9. BumblingB I got better.

It's possible that one of the catalyst is borked. Try sending one at a time and see if you can find out if one wont.
    • Like x 1
  10. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

I guess I should add that they also cannot be placed in the League bank, either.
  11. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

I always use mail for sending stuff to my mules, except for the most valuable items, which I don't want to lose in case of a bug, or forget about for 4 months. Why would I want my shared bank cluttered with junk, or keep switching toons back and forth after every few runs?
    • Like x 1
  12. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

I've already checked that. And it's only the augment catalysts. They used to just say "Cannot Sell," but now they say "Cannot Trade Across Platforms/Cannot Sell." And I've never been able to send "Cannot Trade Across Platforms" through the mail.
  13. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Um... Yes. That was my point. I have more augment catalysts than I have slots in my shared bank.
  14. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Really? On PS I have no issues mailing those to other PS toons.

Edit: I just tested it on my PC account and mailing platform bound augment catalysts works fine as well.
  15. BumblingB I got better.

PC? PS? I've always been able to send them to my alts and the Adaptive Augment ones always said "Cannot Trade Across Platforms". I'll have to test again later tonight, but I have not done any sending in a few days.
  16. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

I'm on PC. I'll be doing some more extensive testing, myself, in a little while.
  17. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Help me out here because I can't read your mind through the internet. Why are we holding on to all these augment catalysts? If they're taking up that much space then you probably have more than what you need. Feeding them into whatever Augments they go to, then sell/delete/donate the rest might emancipate some inventory space.
  18. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I would ask but I just don't care to go down that rabbit hole.
  19. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Because periodically they're worth a lot of cash on broker (especially if I sell them in stacks), while at other times they're very cheap. My mule dedicated to storing and trading those makes me 10-20 million a day, which on EUPC/PS is a lot. Also, when I want to level augments for an alt, I don't have to look for the needed resources any further than my mules.
  20. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I can’t ignore this post. It’s a lonely post and needs company. Look at it…, just sitting there all alone with no one to reply too.

Poor, poor lonely little post. I won’t ignore you.
    • Like x 4