Kicking a player from instance for ''no reason'' should be taken as a toxic behavior too @Daybreak

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BƖack, Mar 26, 2023.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

It is difficult to litigate what reason is enough of a reason to kick someone from an instance. We try to make sure most kicks are valid by requiring a majority of the players in an instance to vote yes to the kick and by limiting how many kicks you can do. People are saying that yes, they want to kick this person, even knowing that they won't be able to kick the next person for quite a while if they are worse.

It isn't perfect, of course, but it isn't expected to be. Always open to suggestions.
    • Like x 16
  2. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

I think it's different on USPC/PS server. The population on EU server is much smaller, so no one is quick to kick people because it may take a long time to find a replacement. And maybe also because fewer Europeans are entitled, judgmental d-bags... ;) I ran False Idols raid with an Omnibus PUG today and the guy who queued as tank claimed he didn't and wouldn't switch; he had the highest CR out of all the DPS and the lowest damage - and he still didn't get kicked. We finished the raid with no tank, after a wipe or 2.

And in Elite content, even on EUPC/PS you can get replaced, if your build isn't what's expected, because meta is meta for a reason - it's usually the easiest, the fastest and most effective way to complete difficult content, where carrying anyone is problematic, unlike in most regular raids. And most people's experience tells them, that players with less overpowered arts tend to perform worse, at least on the scorecard, so they don't want to wait until after a few wipes to start replacing people, halfway through the instance.
    • Like x 1
  3. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

It’s a complicated problem with no easy solutions. When the need arises to kick a truly awful player (awful meaning they themselves are toxic) versus kicking someone for frivolous reasons already given, it is always subjective to individuals who vote on the kick.

It’s impossible for Daybreak to police every interaction we have with each other. I’m not sure I would want every interaction policed. The best Daybreak or any other company that deals with a large player base is to try and guide positive human interactions with guidelines such as the ones already in place.

A jerk will be a jerk. All that can be done is to try to dissuade the player from being a jerk thru incentives (the carrot or the stick).

No one likes to get kicked. It hurts to be the one getting kicked.

No one likes to be in raid with an obnoxious player.
    • Like x 2
  4. Drathmor Unwavering Player

Elite content be like

to anyone not playing how someone wants them to play. by their made up rules
    [IMG]
    • Like x 5
  5. Whoru New Player

Heyo me again who Kicked u because u stayed in Prision Break Map 1 for way to long for an Omni Raid + the one u told to just die :)

I am still happy that I kicked u and the others are the same i still have the screenshots where u insulting me and I already wrote the ticket to them in an Email pls tell me when u are Banned and tell Alex im sorry that he knows u, He at least isnt toxic unlike u.

And btw if u wanna farm stuff build a grp with ur Next acc :) u were afk not in the meaning ´´Away from Keyboard´´ or there wasnt a ´´Away´´ sign over ur head but when u Q in an instance and then expact as a Tank (only tank) that everybody wastes thier time just for ur 10min chill search for collections Briefings and stuff. bcs that also means AFK noone said yeah sure they just wanned to end the Instance so stop try to cry in Forum about ur Faults. U will get banned if not DC Support is making major failures in thier Game.

Have a Nice one.

Edit: I wasnt Rude to him he instantly Insulted me i havent said anything rude or insulting
    • Like x 1
  6. zNot Loyal Player

This has become a normality to force/expect players to use the meta and its so toxic
    • Like x 3
  7. Drathmor Unwavering Player

well if rumors are true that will be a little better soon but then there will be a new set of made up rules
    • Like x 3
  8. Tzalim Level 30

Yes, I got kicked alot of times years ago and I didn't complain. It's just apart of the game. Nothing more! And it's nothing against daybreaks tos as you say. Yes, it's bad, upsetting and can get you mad. But that's what happens sometimes. You just have to deal with it.
  9. KidKretz Committed Player

curious, did you just kick out of the blue, or was there chats going on wondering what the tank is doing, where the tank is at? if so, did you initiate those chats?
    • Like x 3
  10. BƖack Dedicated Player

There were no chat conversations at all, he kicked me out of the blue.
  11. zNot Loyal Player

i hope they are true,id say if there were new rules made up (after the current meta gets nerfed) as you mentioned id assume it would be a more like „preferred“ rather then you „must“ use this or get kicked/cant enter a elite group the current meta only become so popular/a requierement because its so Overpowered compared to everything else.

Even though we have powersets who deal more dps yet i never really seen or have barely experienced „need xx power dps for xx content“ but a eog healer and buff troller who ideally art swaps are expected these days and this has become more noticeable as more players have become aware on how powerfull these things are which shouldnt be the case,i hope they will take care of this soon.
    • Like x 1
  12. zNot Loyal Player

Exactly and ive seen a few trollers get kicked purely because they werent buff trolling in elite raids like not using claw of aekhund,tetra,coq etc i remember one time even though he did so good at giving power,supporting,picking people up really skilled player etc he was litteraly only kicked because he wasnt buff trolling i asked why he was kicked and they said hes the reason for the low damage output of the group for not buffing the DPS with the above mentioned artifacts.
    • Like x 1
  13. KidKretz Committed Player

touching on the argument i have seen in here that say something to the effect of "others voted yes, so they must have wanted too"

that is not always the case. many times someone is kicked and i see chat type afterwards "why did we kick him?" or "what did he do?" or "what happened?", so some ppl just go with the crowd because they too dont want to cause drama OR dont someones wrath to turn on them, or just plain not aware.

i can vouch that in times past i thought i was clicking the re-open the instance vote "yes" and it turned out to be a kick, ooops! sorry to whomever you were. in battle its easy to do i think.

so i cant buy that argument that just because someone was kicked, it means others wanted it too. all it means is that they pushed the button to kick.
    • Like x 6
  14. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

I've been pretty lucky, so far. I don't run any of my characters with a "must-have" loadout (and yeah, that is a thing. LFG is full of people looking for players with specific arts or # of skill points), but I haven't been kicked, even when I was still trying to level all of my toons, and they were all underpowered as a result. I thought I'd just been lucky enough to get a group of people who were patient and understood that I was at least trying. Now that I know about the cooldown, it's got me wondering how many of those times I just didn't get kicked because the others had all used their kick requests before they got stuck with me.
  15. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

You're kidding, right? I've seen people brag in chat, that they kick people for not running EoG, or because they are "CR skippers" (i.e., SP too low for their for their CR), or because they have "rainbow augments."
    • Like x 5
  16. Whoru New Player

Like i said noone said that they are fine with him collecting anything or going afk in the End and Most player agreed so he get Kicked and i have the chat logs where he said to me **** your and just die u piece of **** and told me im a **** so probably will get banned soon
  17. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Yep. I've only seen votes to kick a few times, but some people wait until you're in battle to start a vote. Same with how PvPers wait until you interact with the mail/bank/broker before sending you a PvP challenge.

Joke's on them, though. Thanks to PvPers constantly challenging me before I realized I could turn that off, I developed the habit of pressing B to cancel whenever a pop-up pops up while I'm doing something else.
    • Like x 1
  18. BƖack Dedicated Player

The only person who voted and agreed for that kick was you and noone else. Others probably just pressed the button and there is difference between pressing the button and agreeing. What did you expected me to say after you kicked me at last boss and called a noob? You've just pissed me off yourself and then you reporting? In game you said that you don't wanna waste your time because you're rushing. I say... you should not play game then. Games are to chill and enjoy...
  19. Warped Discord Moderator

I think a public forum is hardly the place to settle this. It’s best for all parties involved to use the ignore feature in the game and move on.

And if you feel like this should be escalated further, use the proper means to report - toxic@dcuniverseonline.com
    • Like x 2
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Obviously there is only 1 place to settle this....
    [IMG]
    THUNDERDOME!!!
    • Like x 7