Expanding on league prestige

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eve, Mar 24, 2023.

1. Eve YouTuber

Ever since I saw that thread a few days ago about prestige I kind of thing prestige could be utillized for more things and get more ways to farm prestige. Right now we can only buy\change league halls with prestige, statues, bank slots and Proficiencies.
    • I think the prices should change depends on the amount of people in the league
    • I think there should be some kind of missions to earn prestige as a team or individually. "Complete X Solos this week to gain x amount of prestige. You have gained x out of x prestige this week\month"
    • League unique vendors that you can buy league hall base items, styles and more.
    • Exotic base items should give more prestige when you donate them, kind of like how gold\vendor gear gives a lot of prestige.
    I think Leagues need more incentives in general and this could be the very start. Please share your thoughts and suggestions below!
    • Like x 12
  2. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

I absolutely love your ideas
    • Like x 2
  3. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I like all of the idea except for the first one only because league populations can be artificially inflated by members placing their alts in the league for whatever reason they may have for doing so. I even have an alt in Thunder Cats Only simply for the purpose of updating the Message of the Day, since I almost accidentally deleted the whole league once or twice due to the placement of the controls for PS.

I would love for there to be greater enthusiasm and incentive for being a part of a league and building those relationships with each other.
    • Like x 6
  4. GermanM Committed Player

Agree with this.
    • Like x 2
  5. Eve YouTuber

I see your point! What if they managed to do it per account and not per character? I'm not sure design wise it's possible but just a thought
    • Like x 2
  6. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

It’s hard to say without knowing what information they collect about us for a league roster. If account information is collected that could be used as a filter.

Having said that, I just had the thought of what about inactive members? I know that data is collected as to when the last time a person logged on under such a with me as “Kiki Lauran” vs my alt “Kiki Suber”. Maybe filter on most recent activity date as well?
    • Like x 1
  7. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I think the point with number one she is hoping for was some way to address smaller leagues and still allow them to build and accrue prestige in meaningful amounts. if I'm wrong zoe I'm sorry

how the game decides how many actual members should be fairly easy if the dcuo database can break them down so do the devs have that ability
    • Like x 2
  8. Eve YouTuber

Yes, exactly what I had in mind, thank you!
    • Like x 3
  9. FlyingFingers Well-Known Player

They need a team a separate one who's sole purpose is to bring in fresh new ideas to keep Dcuo fresh and at the forefront. This is a great idea
    • Like x 2
  10. beardrive Committed Player

After Robin took over and they were making adjustments to the game, there was a period of a couple of weeks where I was spending about 450 to 550 source marks in order to keep my League amenities going. It was totally crazy! XD

I'm not saying that it's difficult for me now, because it is balanced, but I also vote that League prestige be made easier!

I don't know about any other single league owners, but I'm pretty happy that it's a lot more balanced now.
    • Like x 2
  11. Eve YouTuber

Not sure who Robin is, but glad to hear something was done, It's just a few ideas to make things a little easier
    • Like x 1
  12. UnboundHeavenlyDemon Well-Known Player

I would love if in that prestige vendor they can add league hall themes so you can change it to whatever like magma base or water temple and etc
    • Like x 3
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

SIDE NOTE: I know someone who did just that. Deleted the league while updating the MOTD on PS (PC can do it too...if using controller).

Twice.:( Same guy....same league.

Yeah, there should be some sort of confirmation at least. "Are you sure you want to delete your league?....like REALLY sure?"

Back on topic though. I can see one drawback to the league size thing and it's the opposite of your concern. I'd guess that leagues would be constantly 'pruning' their membership to keep it lower to lower the costs...unless they are very large, where hitting the cap is almost guaranteed regardless. And while this might sound fine to many, it won't probably sound good to all those people who take longer breaks from the game...only to return and find they are homeless...well, leagueless at least....if they take a few weeks break.
    • Like x 2
  14. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

What if extra renown tokens could help leagues in some way too?
    • Like x 1
  15. beardrive Committed Player

Robin Flodin. I believe he was the head of EG7 when they purchased this property. As the changeovers happened we got two CR skips, as people from the other titles in the entire company we're going to try out DCUO. This is why we did not get a CR skip this last year., Because we got the one year before. Around that time people were complaining about SourceMarks, so the doctor fate alert was opened near the metropolis University to be farmed.

Those 6 months were pretty good! I wish his shares wouldn't have been bought out, because from what I could tell, his goal was to make this more of an MMO, that everybody could play.

It is still entirely playable now, but just in a different way.
    • Like x 2
  16. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Can you tell us more about what EG7 is going to do and who is now leading the Company? I would love to know any insights as to what direction they intend to take DCUO.
    • Like x 1
  17. Eve YouTuber

Maybe you could convert them to 400 Prestige? Seems fair to me.
    • Like x 1
  18. Trykz Dedicated Player

Love the ideas.
    Prestige vendor would be excellent.
    We are capped every week by Friday afternoon.
    Nothing to do but wait for some buffs to expire.
    Let us expand our league bank by more tabs or more slots in each tab
    Let us buy league sized base items for prestige
    Let us add another rank to the list for prestige or something.

Lots they could do with it beyond just buffs and moving halls.

Great thread Zoe.
    • Like x 1
  19. beardrive Committed Player

I have absolutely no idea Tiffany! :) but you can certainly get general ideas. There are press releases on the EG7 website, and because they are European owned company they are required by European law to disclose certain amounts of information that American companies aren't.

You can check out the regulatory page here!

https://www.enadglobal7.com/mfn_new...eeting-in-enad-global-7-ab-publ-21-june-2022/

So you can get a basic idea of where things are going. Someone recently just bought 4% of EG7.

The previous CEO of daybreak games I believe was the one who took over for Robin flodin's CEO position in EG7. So many things have shifted around in the last year, however I haven't really read up on it, and they may even have a new CEO.

However, if you want information about the game that you play, I wouldn't look on the websites for the published titles. I would go to the corporations website and look and see what they are doing globally, because we are just a pebble on the beach. :)

To be honest I'm sure that all of the published games feel about the same way under such a large suite of games.
    • Like x 1
  20. Eve YouTuber

Sadly I would take what EG7 have on their website with a grain of salt, none of it has ever came true and Mepps debunked those a few times aswell.
    • Like x 1