Kicking a player from instance for ''no reason'' should be taken as a toxic behavior too @Daybreak

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BƖack, Mar 26, 2023.

1. BƖack Dedicated Player

Kicking players from instances for no reason should be taken as toxic behavior too.... it is toxic and unfair and most important not fun at all to be kicked from instance for no reason.

I will add here that we were just going to the last boss on a ''Prison Break'' raid and on the way i stopped for a moment to pick up a briefing '' that's why they exist'' and then i got kicked and called an afker and noob.

I mean is this okay...? Seriously dude ''if you read this'' can't you just wait a 1 minute? Why so rush... i don't get it.

And i know i'm also guilty on that one because i wroted a few bad words to that person after all and i know i know... i shouldn't but my nerves just broke, it just piss me off when people kick you for no reason. At the end that person said that he reported me.

I will add here, if the devs will take his side and only i will get banned, that will be very unfair.

I guess everyone here plays DCUO to enjoy the game right? Me too.

Below is your golden rule @Daybreak:

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  2. Trykz Dedicated Player

As long as you didn’t call him any slurs you’ll prob be fine. Getting kicked sucks but there isn’t much that can be done about it. Add to ignore and find some friends or a league to run with instead. Don’t let bad pug groups get ya heart rate up, not worth it.
    • Like x 3
  3. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Be that as it may - how do you expect Daybreak to police that? There isn't a moderator watching over every instance.
    • Like x 4
  4. SlNISTERSlX New Player

They don't take toxic behaviors VERY SERIOUSLY,I reported lots of toxic behaviors but in the end I watched the person keep getting on everyday
    • Like x 4
  5. zNot Loyal Player

I agree also some players are kicked purely because they dont use meta artifacts.
    • Like x 1
  6. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Maybe they were going for a feat and didn’t want ya to mess it up? I find it doubtful that anyone does a kick for no reason. If they called you an afk’er then either they made that up or they haz da pew pew tunnel vision at rank 200. Just ignore them and move on.
    • Like x 3
  7. BƖack Dedicated Player

It was not a speed feat run, it was an ordinary omni raid...
    Also i'll add that i wasn't afk.
    • Like x 1
  8. BƖack Dedicated Player

They can change the kicking method tho
  9. Limey Committed Player

People, especially in this game, tend to exaggerate or twist facts to fit their narrative, especially when either a) trying to win an argument/e-fight, or b) trying to play the victim.

While it's possible the story could have gone exactly as you have said, it's also possible you were looking for briefings/investigations rather than fighting, or idling after each boss while everyone fights through adds between bosses. The fact that you were, in fact, kicked from the raid means the majority of the other 7 players saw you as either a detriment, ie afking or falling behind constantly and not actively contributing to the progress of the raid, or possibly acting out in a childish way when they called you out on your behavior.

Regardless, you are the one choosing to make a public scene because you got kicked from a raid. When you admittedly didn't abide by common courtesy, which would be going back to collect briefs and investigations after the raid is over rather than making 7 other people wait for you.

Suggesting the developers change the 'majority vote' function of kicking because you were kicked from one single raid, is a perfect example of overreacting.

Regardless, you've already given enough evidence that you are not a victim in this situation. It's one raid. Get over it. And if it happens regularly, maybe it's not actually the rest of the world that's wrong.
    • Like x 7
  10. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

Its cause of them not policing toxic behavior that they even put a 3 hour kick in the game now ruining the ability to kick when needed and making it so players will q into seasonal and afk from the start cause they don't fear being kicked. You have 2 wait 5 minutes just 2 kick so they hold the group hostage now. Hell I'm wondering if there is more to the story cause I would never waste a kick just cause you grabbed a briefing?
    • Like x 2
  11. Limey Committed Player

Any short queue for that matter. People idle for just about 5 minutes of Oan Sciencell too, and only then jump into the main combat area after the first boss. Or people idle at the beginning of Prime Battleground, FOS3, OR Doomsday raids because there's no break in the in-combat status thus preventing kicking for the entire duration of the raid, unless there's a wipe, or one person dies specifically to get out of combat to start a kick vote. Just one of the numerous problems resulting from lack of punishment and accountability.
  12. Trykz Dedicated Player

They have before. That’s why you can only do it once every 4 hours now.
    • Like x 2
  13. not serious Well-Known Player

Some also have fun evicting just to invite their friends, and others vote yes without oeven knowing why.
  14. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

Got called an afk'er, a noob and got kicked. Says a few bad words to the person that kicked OP. Then writes if the devs takes the kickers side it would be very unfair. Seems like a trade off. Forget it and move on and hope you dont get reported for saying a few bad words to the player that kicked.

If the devs are serious about toxoc behavior then both of yall should incur some reprimand.
    • Like x 4
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, different toxic behaviors get different varying levels of attention. Depending on what you called the guy, you could catch a short vacation, or nothing will happen. You'd have to have gone pretty dark to catch a real ban.

As far as kicks being 'toxic' they are not. Granted it's pretty ***** of them to kick you for stopping a second to grab a brief (how'd they'd even notice is beyond me...it takes like 2 seconds), but if you were repeatedly wandering the halls looking for things, or lagging behind repeated (not saying that happened...just saying everyone has their own side of the story), obviously enough people noticed something that the vote went through...unless of course he was running with 3 or 4 buddies...which is always a 'for sure' kick majority.

Long story short, as they don't police the real toxicity in the game (and there is a ton) like they should, I'd guess widening it to include just poor game play won't be happening anytime soon. Good luck if the guy actually reported you (he probably did not....it's a hassle).
    • Like x 1
  16. xXlNesTlXx Well-Known Player

Nowadays, kicking players options are highly restricted, even being AFK during the horrible seasonal daily instances, I NEVER got kicked due this restrictions, so if you get kicked ALWAYS is for A GOOD reason, just get good, be nice and do your job and nobody kick you for "no reason"
  17. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

There are very few times I've seen kicks for no reason at all. What you're saying, I do kind of believe but at the same time everyone else voted on it...

I was on an absolutely awful Prison Break run on xbox the other night, I queue'd omnibus on my tank and was loaded after the group had struggled for 52 minutes, the tank that was there had blue dps arts and no tank gear, the group were stuck on the mercenary captain and were doing it all wrong, the leaderboard was completely chock full of names and honestly there were moments after the first wipe I wanted to kick too.

The truth is, this is an extremely frustrating raid with a group that doesn't pay attention. It can frustrate anyone. I don't blame you for getting mad but at the same time the group might be in the right too
  18. myandria Item Storage

Hahahahaa! I laugh to myself every time I see or hear the phrase, "get good". Well, what if you are already good but get kicked anyway for not using the "flavor of the month" loadouts, artifacts and allies?

The "get good/gud" phase is subjective; what one player may think is acceptable performance in a team may be unacceptable for another player. This is reinforced when groups of players push their "meta loadout" agendas on other players.

For example, a healer in a team is doing well but is not using the EOG artifact. That player has more than a 50% chance of getting kicked from a team, even though no team member has watered faceplants. How do I know? Because this is has happened to me when I have used my healers in a team. You don't need multiple of millions of healing points to keep a team healthy; you just have to keep them healthy.
    • Like x 6
  19. xXlNesTlXx Well-Known Player

What if? Easy…you are liying…nobody gets kicked just for not use the meta artifacts
    The “get gud” can be subjetive, but 6 of 8 players voting yes to kick you are pretty objetive, you aren't good enough to handle the instance

And…you are liying again, nobody kicks healers without EOG if they are doing the proper stuff, people kick healers if they can't keep the team alive, so you can laugh whatever you want, but if you get kicked, maybe is beacuse you aren't good as you think…
  20. BumblingB I got better.

If they were saying something rude to you when you asked why, report them to toxic@dcuniverseonline.com and put them on ignore. Just kicking you for no reason is very toxic, but 3 other players needed to hit yes as well. Which would either imply they either were not paying attention or felt it was okay to kick you. In either regard, the person who did it should just be put on ignore and move on.