Our suggestions for styles is nearly meaningless

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SlNISTERSlX, Mar 25, 2023.

1. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I would love if we could an official classic Bane and classic Deathstroke mask.

But we still can make a pretty good version of Bane and Deathstroke. ;)
    Sometimes in DCUO you have to the best you can we the styles that we do have. ;)

• Like x 1
  2. Eve YouTuber

On EU players add special characters so the names looks "OG" and they even make it a requirement to look like that to join their iconic league. I've been a member of a few so I know. I get it's probably fun for some to play their favorite characters, but the whole idea of DCUO is be the hero(or villain) you always wanted to be.

Even getting full iconic styles, it makes sense for the game but not because they want 300 people to be Supermen.

Speaking of requests. I know Megzilla made a forums list (I think it was taken down when she left) and each time the devs granted us a style we've asked for, they crossed it off the list. 95% of the styles there were given to players.
    • Like x 2
  3. Miss Adora Loyal Player

Honestly, I don't expect any styles, I suggested ever make it in game. I don't ask for styles inspired by other characters. I'm a minority here but I want my own look since it was design for you to be the next generation of hero. One thing I do like about DCUO. I can play any other DC game and I can play their character.
    • Like x 2
  4. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

What's the watchtower? that was so 2012
    • Like x 1
  5. Tolly Committed Player

For when the jacket of Guy gardner with an emblem ???? we could have that thanks to this salesman!

The jacket already exists in the game and the emblem also exists in the game, so there's nothing stopping us from having this jacket with finally an emblem on it!!!

[IMG]
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It's the place to go to when you don't want to lag.
    • Like x 3
  7. SlNISTERSlX New Player

And THAT "the next legend is you" thing is combination of iconic styles,game is named DC Universe so basically they should be added, characters I mentioned are popular ones, and if one person doesn't make them doesn't mean they not important or side characters,they always in Batman comics, also I have lots of iconic names saved I just don't have styles to make them properly,I was Slade couple weeks ago but I switched him bc there's no other style for his head instead of master mercenary and mercenary malic,all I'm saying is that they are basics their new 52 or classic look
  8. Eve YouTuber

The game is based around playing alongside Iconic heroes and villains not playing as Iconic heroes and villains. It's not like Injustice or even the LPVE\LPVP modes where you play as DC Characters. It's not intended, and not what they have in mind when they create the gear suits. Back in the day it was original gear suits, they do DC themed suits because yes, it fits the game, and you can use the pieces for different styles. However they don't have the intention in mind to make you the perfect Harley Quinn.
    • Like x 1
  9. SlNISTERSlX New Player

Thanks for the tip,I'll let other iconics know that we should leave dcuo then
    If we can't make iconic characters we like then no point in staying
  10. Eve YouTuber

No where in my message I told you to leave or not to make. I told you the truth of how the game works and the intentions and it might explain why you don't get the perfect styles of characters because you are not **Supposed** to be those characters. Please don't twist my words.
  11. SlNISTERSlX New Player

Well if we not supposed to be Nightwing then why's there his exact NPC looks of him released,if iconics shouldn't be exist in game and that "next legend" is their priority then I guess they should close the iconic case, reason we make iconics is bc there's no other games that let us free roam and enjoy open world except Lego
  12. Talks2MuchSense Well-Known Player

Just out of interest, what are the Top 10 styles you want to see in the game that "they aren't giving you". It's best to leave out the "Hal Jordan Face Mask" as that's 100% in the game. So what's your Top 10?
  13. bboy-rei Well-Known Player

Having had experience with iconic leagues which I have no interest in doing again, that is definitely something I can imagine them enforcing. There is just an oversaturation of these types of leagues recruiting due to high turnover rates and when someone doesn't fit their criteria of matching an iconic on everything from personality to power, even if their hair or colors are off, they'll be constantly belittled. Not to mention many of them play exclusively for cosplaying/roleplaying. Whatever decisions someone does with their toon should be their own. My toons have DC iconic styles, but in the end, they are still themselves.
    • Like x 1
  14. Limey Committed Player

2 words.

Gotham. Knights.
  15. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

One area I don't think the game lacks are styles. Comparing what things were like when the game launched and its first few years and where we are now is no contest. We have emblems, auras, chromas, materials, accessories and a ton of iconic and non iconic styles to mix and match from. Even minor and obscure characters get a little love now and then. In no way am I saying I don't want more. I have my complaints but overall I think the art team does a great job with what we have to work with.
    • Like x 2
  16. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

It's worth bearing in mind that the terms of a licensing deal with DC/WB might allow iconic NPCs, but not PCs.

There were, for example, a number of Lanterns in the game long before the devs got permission to give players the emblems, or green auras. Similarly with Superman and Batman emblems and styles for players - they became available for players, briefly, when DC/WB said they could be used for a limited period.
    • Like x 1
  17. SlNISTERSlX New Player

That game sucks I heard MP in that game is horrible
  18. SlNISTERSlX New Player

That's sad, superman and Batman are main of DC their emblem should be permanently available in game,lots of ppl want those emblems back
  19. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Yes, and the devs ask for them back regularly, but DC/WB have the final say on whether they can be used in the game, or not.

So DCUO can use Superman/Batman/other NPCs in the game, but unless the license deal allows it, they can't give the styles to players. But DC are very protective of their properties (unsurprisingly, since they are some of the most recognisable characters in the world), so there isn't a lot the devs can do.
    • Like x 2
  20. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

You have any idea how many requests and suggestions they get constantly? Of course what actually makes it in will be a small percentage of that because that's just how ideas work. Even just in regards to the ideas they themselves throw around and look into, only a small amount of them will actually make it to being worked on, let alone completion. Find me one author who's written every book idea they ever came up with, one painter who painted every image they ever imagined, etc. Plus, anything they did complete will have had many ideas that were considered along the way and not used for any number of reasons. There's whole websites dedicated to exactly that, like the Cutting Room Floor for videogame stuff. I'm just a player and I've scrapped several toons before, many of which I later made again in a wholly different way (Atomikit and Apex used to both be weird blue people and both villains with Beast Boy powers, then I tried making them cats, now they're foxes and Apex has largely the same personality but is now Earth while Atomikit is a hero and has atomic powers, and their backstory started as something wildly different from what it is now - went from being about some sort of superhuman purists to survivors of a lost universe kinda like Powergirl). And I'm just some random person playing a videogame and making characters and stories for fun, not the person actually MAKING a videogame.

Plus, a lot of our ideas and wants they simply can't do for any number of reasons, be they licensing or tech or anything else. The two-toned capes were requested a million times a day but we only got them a decade into the game because before then they were struggling to get them to work on a technical level. Though since they were eventually able to be done, that does give hope for some of the other things we want that they've had technical issues with. But it will take time still.
    • Like x 3