Need Toggle to Auto Load Seal of Preservation

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Photonaxon, Mar 23, 2023.

1. Photonaxon Well-Known Player

Especially, since higher levels costs more while chances of success decreases.
  2. myandria Item Storage

Hmm..

In my humble opinion, I disagree. This is a customer service ticket nightmare; " The seal auto-loaded and I toggled it off; now I lost my seal on a level 20 artifact! Give me my money back!" Nobody got time for that!

It is easier and more cost effective in the long run to use Seals of Completion for artifacts higher than 120/140. I give a breakthrough range because the RNG Spirits are fickle; sometimes they are nice and sometimes they are not nice. But, they are powerless against a Seal of Completion, which costs 1 Destiny Token from the Dr. Fate Vendor.
    • Like x 1
  3. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Everybody knows one must learn to walk before they can run.

Fewer people know one must stumble while running to learn when to walk.
  4. Limey Committed Player

This is pretty obviously just a result of losing catalysts while rushing to upgrade.

No amount of features can fix human error.
  5. Plowed In Loyal Player

“Need” is a strong word here.

Do we also need a seal of completion toggle?
  6. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

What we need is verbiage warning players they need a seal BEFORE attempting a break through in the 160, 180, 200 ranges. Of course this is info new players who are naive about break through process would need.

I’ve had to explain that lots of times to players they need a seal or they will lose all their catalysts.

Personally I find it unfair that catalysts are lost in an attempted breakthrough without a seal. Just don’t let the breakthrough proceed. I understand there is a monetary angle here on the part of Daybreak but why is there a need to lose all the catalysts from a failed breakthrough?
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Sorry. No. What we need is a proper tutorial....like 100 other tutorials we need in game. The 'fix' is not to have to nanny everyone through the rest of their DCUO career...it's to teach them properly 1 time, then let nature take its course.

Same with the OP's auto load request. No thanks. If you are in that big of a hurry to blast through leveling your artis that you can't load one, you'll learn soon enough to slow down. Besides, when it loads a SOP at 180 and people come complaining that they meant to use an SOC....or vice versa when an SOC is auto loaded at 20 and wasted...then people complain about how they were 'robbed' of a $5 seal...well...you can't fix lazy...OR something else.

I'd say out of the multiple 100 (maybe >1000 now?) times I've pushed that 'breakthrough' button, I've ACCIDENTALLY not had a seal in, maybe 1 time (I've gone 'commando' many times on purpose though). And that includes drunken, late night, under the gun just before shutdown, chatting with people and so tired I should have been sleeping for hours already....leveling sessions.

It's not all that hard and even with the tutorial we have, seals are talked about....just not SOC, and the difference is evident in the description.
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'll disagree on the SOC for 120/140 thing (I'll only use SOC at 160+....and sometimes not 160 even;) but to each his/her own) but you are 100% correct that people would be in here (or opening tickets with CS) about all the seals they 'lose' from them being auto socketed the one time they didn't want them in there...especially if a logic is used to decide if it's an SOP or SOC that's used by certain levels.