Downtime Server Downtime - March 23, 2023 - Game Update 133

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Mar 22, 2023.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Game Update 133

All worlds will be taken offline at 6AM PT on March 23, 2023, to launch Game Update 133. Downtime may last up to 8 hours.

GU133 is primarily a behind-the-scenes update focused on performance and preparing the game for future events.

The full update notes will be posted in the Live Update Notes subforum when available. The downtime will be followed by a Bonus Artifact XP week.
    • Like x 6
  2. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Nice!
    • Like x 2
  3. Eve YouTuber

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  4. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  5. Trended Active Player

Can we be told the changes to artifacts before bonus week up?
  6. zNot Loyal Player

Hey chill u plan on making a video on which arts to level this 2xp? :)
    • Like x 1
  7. Ice master187 Active Player

So basically u guys want us to spend whatever xp we have and maybe spend real cash on the seals so u can just nerf them b4 the new dlc , very thoughtful company
    • Like x 3
  8. Ice master187 Active Player

I finally know your name Robert
  9. Anak Panah Well-Known Player

Hi,

I think this will be game update 135 already. The counter is off by two currently.

The updates page on the DCUO wiki lists all regular game (server) updates:

https://dcuniverseonline.fandom.com/wiki/Updates

The counter started to be off when the Sins of Black Adam update (October 26th, 2022) was not counted and then again when the Anniversary update happened (January 10th, 2023).

Cheers,
    AP

P.S.: Last time I will post this here on the official forums. If nothing happens in terms of correction, we will try to incorporate the official count on the DCUO wiki while keeping the correct counter as well.
  10. Emoney Dedicated Player

The downtime will last the entire week, so no double nth lol. :D
    • Like x 1
  11. lamourboy001 Well-Known Player

On reset day again smh
    • Like x 2
  12. Limey Committed Player

Good thing you've got 7 whole days to do all your weeklies, so a 4-5 hour delay won't actually matter.
    • Like x 3
  13. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Not really the point... The question remains: "Why do this on reset day?"

Also... It could be "up to 8 hours". For some that could cover the entire span of available play time for the day.
    • Like x 2
  14. lamourboy001 Well-Known Player

How do you know that I have 7 whole days? It's 6 btw if we take off this day. The problem maintance is in the middle of the day in EU. 2:00pm CET. 6-8 hours downtime, so game is up around 8-10pm. I got work so can't play till dusk. One day off. So the majority of eu servers is. Last few times devs could place the shutdown to wednesdy. Thta was a bit better at least.
    • Like x 2
  15. Limey Committed Player

Well, because today is a day. Like any other day. And while 'up to 8 hours' is a good boy of time, it's rarely more than 4-6 hours most of the time. But I digress, I can't imagine much of the community can only play the game on Thursdays.

Well, actually 6.5 days if you want to be technical which it looks like you do, but you're also trying to exaggerate to prove a point like many other people that lack a strong argument. A strong argument looks something like this: Do you work/commute for 16+ hours a day? Are you completely unable to play this game on the days you do work? But more importantly, if you only have 1 day off from work a week, is an MMO, a type of game designed to basically be a never ending time sink, really a good way to spend your limited free time? Likewise, do you believe Dimensional Ink or Daybreak are responsible for time zone differences? Do you believe they intentionally want to update content in the middle of the day for EU players? Or do you understand they're applying patches during normal US times, because the company is located in the US? Would you be happier if they delayed the update to EU servers by a day, so you get everything later than the US but the update wouldn't be on Thursdays in the EU?

And finally, are you aware that many aspects of DCUO are consistently inconsistent? And you still play this specific game over many of the other numerous MMOs that are far more consistent with their schedule or server down times?
  16. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

At least you're consistent... You will always miss the point.

It's not really a day like any other day... It called "reset day" because its not like every other day that's not "reset day".

Also... Not the point... and also not what was actually being said.
    • Like x 1
  17. kickbackMando New Player

Yes, as it has always been. Nothing new to cry about.
  18. lamourboy001 Well-Known Player

Dude, you got so much free time. :eek:
    All I said 2:00pm is bad timing in eu.
    • Like x 2
  19. lamourboy001 Well-Known Player

It's not listed in the update notes but will the broker bug fixed in this gu finally?
  20. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

One can only hope...
    • Like x 1