01:73minuties

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MidLifeCrysis41, Mar 20, 2023.

1. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Heroes should be held to a higher standard.
    • Like x 1
  2. Limey Committed Player

Acting like being a hero or villain in this game is anything more complicated than A or B, 0 or 1, red pill or blue pill, is inherently unintelligent.

It's a binary choice made when creating a character that has no direct corrolation to anything other than a handful of in-game missions and nothing else.
    • Like x 1
  3. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

I want to throw you a pitch for you and the team. 44 eps and counting 44 kinds of time tokens that drop while in one of the eps while running on duty content. This system would be just like the ally favor drops exactly like it. 10 point feats 10 hours 25 point feats 25 hours 50 point feats 50 hours. You would have old content and que times blow up and bring dcuo back to life alone with that system. Also this should have been done when dcuo was 5 years old. Also this should be done aswell for pvp matches give pvp time tokens that drop like ally favor does and watch pvp blow up again. Watch how active players become once this gets green lit
  4. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

Also side note as to fixing the salty player base on how time capsules are a money grab. There are what 24 time caps which new players will.never get their hands on even most casuals when new player or even just ppl looking at all those time caps feats they jave a heart attack. So make a time caps token drop just like ally favor anywhere and everywhere we play the game. This will greatly minimize the impact on your player base feeling the need to spend money to gain feats and greatly increase your active player base long after an episode has dropped
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

So is this a system for getting hard to complete feats, because unless there are some extremely hard feats, nothing in the game should take 50 hours to complete.

And not that I'm a fan of selling SP, but this just sounds like that but instead of using our CC, we'd just need to do endless grind of the easiest content in that ep....or get a rubber band for the controller at least.
    • Like x 1
  6. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Your literalism is noted. Thank you for this otherwise unimaginable insight.
    • Like x 1
  7. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

Do you use a rubber band for farming ally favor? You do know they plan to add more systems like arts and allies to the game. They just haven't added one yet that's worth doing old content with or pvp for that matter. What's taking them so long you may ask yourself well styles base items and new content take up all their resources and time. Which is why they need to stop doing that and focus on new systems and balance before all else. 44 eps and eps Older then 42 don't even get qued for anymore. Once content gets unrelevant there isn't a reason to que up for it. so give us a reason and Source marks don't count we get enough source marks with alts for just staying in relevant content
  8. JLAxPOWER GIRL Active Player

Problem with older content feats is there's a good number of content that is frustratingly difficult to play due to the mechanics of the content in question, or overtuning adding to difficulty, or the content simply being very long with minimal rewards compared to other content that can be run quicker for the same rewards (amplified by being able to run omnibus content repeatedly). Doesn't make sense to spend 45-50 minutes trudging through, say, the Arkham Asylum alert when Oan Science Cells gives the same rewards, isn't overstuffed with peripheral mobs inconsequential to the objective (and are just there to harass the team) and causes grief with pugs when players start splitting up all over the place and it renders roles even more useless. (Promoting anti-role gameplay further, which is a terrible design choice).

Then there's puzzles that confuse players, like Assault and Battery's maze section, leading to more instance disbanding votes than I care to remember. People are just going to plain avoid q'ing for content like that. Other thing that annoys me in general is that the devs are very PC minded and don't seem to consider how bad the console based operating systems handle chat interface. It's basically an interface over an interface. This slows down attempts to chat significantly to the point that people are more likely to not bother chatting and communicating tactics and just give up on content as such. Heck, even if you have a keyboard plugged in, the game on consoles has an issue (after some update a few years back) where the game drops keyboard detection after zoning/logging in, and you have to go through a 'wake up' process to get it to start seamlessly working again.

Honestly not even sure voice chat still works. After the PC merger I haven't heard a single person talking in any content. All the audio settings for VC are still in the game's settings screen, so assume it still works, but people seemingly just gave up on that as well. Dunno.

Eh, regardless. The game's pay to win buy in system push (gee, thanks Jack....) really killed trying to play alts, so I do tend to spend a lot more time playing other games instead. I'm waaaaaay behind in DCUO and don't think that's gonna change.

Ya know, on the subject of waiting 100 years in a queue for content nobody is running, other games have implemented AI support for such. Not to name names, but 'other' games allow you queue into content and/or summon up companion AI (that can also be monetized, mind you) that allows players to get themselves into either specific content, or all content, while solo or with a smaller group.

Most simple idea is to allow AI Legends characters you've purchased to join you into content and have them assist. Maybe make them all support roles to counter the mass of DPS players vs support role players, or do what an 'other' studio did and have the AI fulfil DPS and support roles, but limit the DPS to mostly single target attacks so that the burn is slower (promoting having other players in group) vs players who'd otherwise spam AOEs.

Anyway....

....yeah....
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I don't, but there are auto clickers for PC and the like that are used every day to collect Nth and Ally favor. But yeah....depending on how lazy you are...you could.

My main point was that if something old like Fight for the Light DLC is abandoned but you are a new person just hitting that content, how long do you think it would take to just DO those 10 point feats? 10 hours?...times however many 10 point feats there are? Sure, there are a few 50 point feats that MIGHT contribute to some more runs, like TSWE no death or some of the E+ ones, but if you can just repeat run....very slowly...the easiest content in that DLC to get them, is that really any better?

If they really want engagement in the older content, they need to put at least a daily loot lock back in. It would end the mindless spams (or drive replay sales for those that insist on spamming still....so at least some $$ to support the game in that case), which would mean that more people would run more different content.

Pre clamp, I know several groups that would do a 'all raid' run once a week. Yes, they were able to blow through them lickity split with no clamp, but they WERE interested in running them because even if they only got 2 or 3 marks from the choosers, they didn't get them in the easiest run....repeatedly and with no cap.

Seriously, to believe this community wouldn't immediately think to exploit the quickest and easiest way of accomplishing the task once a new system is introduced is just not realizing who you are dealing with.
    • Like x 3
  10. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

They would do double time token bonus weeks to help players get feats they don't have faster. There will always be cheaters but always be more player who play the game the way it should be played. So for that reason alone this system should come out. I can tell you right now I don't have feats from old content and time tokens would get to to pug que old content on a very serious note I truly would run old content again
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I wouldn't call it 'cheating' any more than I would call spamming USR on repeat vs running the other 50 raids at random, to farm source marks, cheating. It's just taking advantage of the system that was put in place.

But my point was that if you needed ALL those feats in Fight for the Light, and I think there weren't many, with very little effort, you could knock out ALL the feats, including building a group, in under 10 hours...5 even with bonus tokens. I wouldn't see this being that helpful for most of the older content, only the most extremely hard feats, in much harder content....and maybe something like the bottle duos 250 counts or 'artifact finder' which either require high grind (although so would 5 hours of BFE content) or awful RNG.

Not saying it wouldn't help on a few select runs, but I think you are overestimating the impact for MOST of the older content.

I suppose there are some out there who need ALL the older feats and would rather put in 100x the grind time to get them vs building a group and doing them directly. Sure. For those guys, sounds great.
    • Like x 1
  12. Limey Committed Player

What sarcasm and pseudo intellectualism from someone that literally acted like said binary attribute selection should influence any sort of standards by which a person are held to. Cheers to your insecurity, Sir.
  13. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

When I run old content I look at players arts I see wrong arts and very low rank. I want to add all them to ignore list that's my first and final thoughts but I normally just leave. My thoughts would be different if I knew I could be in there for 30mins to 4 hours trying to beat 1 boss with a time token system. For instance running an alert in Old content I look at three other DPS Arts I decide whether or not to ignore them or jump ship. It took me about 6 minutes to decide i close the scorecard to see them still on first set of adds with only 3% hp taken off. I say he'll to the no thank you to a 30min alert run peace out cuz I don't get anything out of it but source marks. If this idea does not make you happy we could always go back to the stats revamp we had years ago have the Developers clamp stats 70% on top of the already 70%. And do a gear system upgrade 2.0 which we would all have to go back to ep 1 and get gear again. But I don't recommend it the clamp is already why we don't have any players left
  14. GermanM Committed Player

Amen to this.
    • Like x 1
  15. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Look into purchasing a sense of humor.
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Well, it doesn't need to make me happy, as I would not be the target audience. Actually it wouldn't need to make you happy either. It would need to drive traffic by those who are NOT running the content now. Meaning people that need those feats AND would rather grind out time to get them vs doing them properly with a moderately decent group.

See, IF that were me in that run, and I knew it would take 30 min to 4 hours to get the 1 boss done, even if I got 4 hours credit towards a single 10 point (therefore 10 hour) feat that I could get done by assembling a group...I'd still leave and try to assemble the group. Again, there are few exceptions, where RNG or already existing grind would equal a wash with a 'new' grindy system, but for most things...no it would still work out to be worse...IMHO.

But again, I'm not your target audience, so good luck with them.

BTW...I do realize that building a full group is sometimes an issue, especially with some feats NOT needing a full, competent group as much as it needs NOT to have a random in there to mess things up. I'm still all for a 'go in as you are' AQS system...or a timer that once the timer is reached you are presented an option 'go in without matchmaking?' or similar. I understand this impacts the blind queue system negatively, but if we are talking about FEATS and not just getting into things at all....blind queue is always the worst option.

A limited timer might even help the OP as by 1 hour and 73 min, there might have been 6 other people who could have gone in with him....but just not an 8th. An option for 'the group only has 7 members...proceed as is' at 10 or 20 min might have been a better option than another hour or 2 of sitting there.
  17. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

It's even more of an issue if, like me, you don't run an "approved" build with the "right" arts. The last time I tried LFG to run some feats, I only had two takers -- and they both left immediately (after enough time to, presumably, check my build). So I wound up going into Custom by myself. It turned out that I got into a group that was trying for a couple of the same feats, instead of just being speedrunners, so I lucked out.
    • Like x 2
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Well, anyone that is overly concerned about your 'build' in EEG content is not very good(I'm guessing this was EEG). Unless it's something like the Shattered Gotham speed feat or 'Steak well done' where 30 seconds or a min might make a huge difference, it shouldn't really matter. And if you were running with people that were THAT worried about your build for normal 'skill' type feats (meaning you were just going to have to follow certain mechanics, not requiring 'fast burn'), they probably didn't understand the feat anyway.

And yeah, in a group of randoms...I'd say you got lucky, but that does happen sometimes.
    • Like x 1
  19. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Actually, it was for Godseye Pyramid. Not much skill needed to not run over floor traps or to block the portals, etc. But it's turned me off of trying to use LFG for EEG, which is where I'm missing most of the feats.
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

And that backs up what my assumption was. If these guys bailed because you had an 'off meta' build because they thought it would impact your ability to do those few things, they don't know what they are talking about. Now, if you were the healer and had 3 troll artis and rainbow augs...well...ok that's WAY off meta and they might have a point, but I'd guess that's not the case.

BTW....you could still have that in EEG and probably do a fine job healing...endgame not as much.

Although I do still call those 'skill' feats, even if the skill is not really difficult, it does mean you have to know what to do or not do, and the 'skill' to follow directions. The other types of feats I'd classify as 'burn' meaning high burn is really the only thing needed...things like speed feats or even no death might fall under there, then there are the dreaded 'RNG/count' ones....get X boss or Y item or finish a checklist or counts. No skill needed....no high burn needed....just running the content on repeat, and again, your build won't mean much for those either as long as you can finish.
    • Like x 1