01:73minuties

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MidLifeCrysis41, Mar 20, 2023.

1. MidLifeCrysis41 Well-Known Player

Is how long I’m currently queued for ALL t5-6 raids on EU. This most certainly isn’t a freak thing/one off etc. this is now life on EU!!

Your job as a company - is to make the game that we (who do) pay for, playable! I’m tired of all these excuses about “it’s the end of a DLC!” Ppl don’t wanna log in etc. if that is the case… then it’s your job as devs and Management of the game, to provide an alternative way for players to run the content they pay for, if sufficient numbers aren’t there.

We pay (in so many ways more than subbing) to play a game we enjoy! But can’t! (P.S. for any Americans: please don’t come at me like a noob player! And spout about “join a league or “put a group together” OR… come to the devs defence) I’m here since 2013 on and off, you don’t need to come to the devs defence. This is their job! To make the game playable. If it can’t be played because of numbers. Then THEY have to address that.

2+ hours to get into ANY random raid (don’t talk about LFG’ing! Youse have no idea on the EU side) is absolutely disgusting!!

Can we… the paying customers get any info at all about how this is being addressed? (If at all) We keep your game alive! We have a right to know what’s being done to combat stagnation.
    But: As always… this will just be another post deleted! Pay/don’t pay… we stopped caring Years ago!
    • Like x 5
  2. zNot Loyal Player

Once they release the next dlc and other big changes soon the game will be packed again dont panic this is normal before a episode releases especially since the latest dlc was around 6 months ago.
  3. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Yeah. I mostly queue Omnibus raids/alerts and run whatever pops up (which still can take 30 minutes some days, depending on role), or solo bounties for feats (although I'm a few Metal Golems away from being done with all of them). As a villain - some instances have never popped in 8 months I've been playing since returning to the game, because they're not available for Suicide Squad/Taskforce X. HoF ones are not even in Omnibus. The population will pick up for a couple of weeks once the long awaited bonus week comes and people have new toys to play with, and then a month or 2 when new episode drops, but it's pretty grim most of the year...
    There are like two or three people a day (if that) making groups for Elite stuff on villain side. And you can see them spamming LFG sometimes for hours. Otherwise - LFG is dead. I wish there was a warning when you start a toon on villain side, because I would have not rolled a villain as my main.
    • Like x 2
  4. MidLifeCrysis41 Well-Known Player

I have a beginner alt on villain side (EU) the LFG literally doesn’t move. I’ve tried to joke around and get ppl talking etc… but hey told! “Stop spamming” :/ lol! I feel you dude! For me… hero is bad, villain is literally unplayable. They HAVE to address this! We pay to play a game! We aren’t at their mercy! That’s the thing ppl don’t get. They are at ours. Unless they wanna shut shop.
    • Like x 2
  5. xXlNesTlXx Well-Known Player

EU server population is dangerously low....and what they do? cut one hour the time between daily reset and shutdown...when EU players are more active...

At this point, looks like the server merging is the only available option...
    • Like x 4
  6. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Well, they probably mostly care about the US market. We could have something like forced queues, where you could enter an instance without the full group, but that would make it harder for new players on USPC/PS to get into groups with vets, because experienced players can run most raids with a 3-man group (or less), even with the clamp in place. I would love that, but I doubt it will happen.

I guess the best thing to do is to only sub and play around new content releases, which is what I'm going to start doing. But then - once I take a break, who knows when I feel like coming back. My last break was almost 8 years...
  7. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

That's because of the switch from daylight-saving time which happened in US 2 weeks before Europe. Next week we should be on the same schedule as before.
  8. xXlNesTlXx Well-Known Player

"we should"....well, that's is if they want...because with the upcoming summer time, we only gonna have the same schedule as now, just one hour later...
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Just asking. Is it an EU thing to write it as 1 hour 73 min, vs 2 hours 13 min?

Just looked weird. Good luck on the queues though.
    • Like x 2
  10. MidLifeCrysis41 Well-Known Player

Showing it as it literally shows on screen. It’s a U.S. timer. It doesn’t show 2+ hours etc. take that up with the devs pal, along with the topic at hand.
    • Like x 1
  11. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Queue times and population have always been a very important thing to manage over the years. (For example, the mega-servers and omnibus initiatives.) The more content there is, the less each individual piece will automatically or randomly fire. Especially in older content, finding groups outside of the queue is always going to be the best way to play DCUO or any MMO. We don't have specific initiatives right now to address the issue further.
    • Like x 5
  12. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Could at least more content be available for Suicide Squad/Taskforce X? How come Family Reunion can be played cross-faction, but Brothers In Arms can't?
  13. xXlNesTlXx Well-Known Player

I think the last phrase of Mepps was pretty clear
  14. Skoll Well-Known Player

You know, in some games, queue times are almost first-page priority. Player engagement and retention is always a priority. But in DCUO? What’s that phrase again? “If it don’t make money then it don’t make sense”.

Not digging on the devs too harshly, we don’t know what their priority list looks like. But to have this just be an after-thought is crazy. If I’m waiting 20,30,40,50+ minutes to play a raid/match in any game because I don’t want to use LFG/world chat and or my league-mates/friends are offline, I’m playing something else with a sour taste in my mouth. Which just snowballs further and further.

EU PSPC, Switch EU NA, Xbox, all suffering population issues for months/years now. US PSPC is the only server doing well. I mean, did you see the census video on servers other than US PSPC?

Look at how much more people run GoM since the release of the Zeus Lightning Bolt style, more of this for old content, which requires free styles to be made which I know… but it works. More incentive for Omnibus and quite frankly, ease the clamp in omni imo. If I’m max CR, 600+ SP and a troll powerset, I shouldn’t have to deal with a tank who has 40 SP, rainbow augs, wrong gear and heal arts in tank role sharing one braincell with a similarly equipped healer and expect anything less than an rage inducing experience. “Group up before you queue!” Is not a good counter argument.
    • Like x 2
  15. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

P.S.: don't instruct everyone else on how to reply or not reply to you. You don't get to do that, whether you like it or not.
    Where did anyone over the age of nine ever get the idea that passive-aggressive preemptive whining about how they'll allegedly inevitably be mistreated is a productive way to address anyone?
    • Like x 2
  16. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

You already know how to address the issue make a new system that converts players time played in that ep. so they can convert the time into a new currency which they can buy feats they do not have from that episode. Problem solved your welcome
  17. beardrive Committed Player

Hello. I vote again to merge all the servers.

Thanks!
    • Like x 1
  18. Alexonic Committed Player

Is it possible to unite EU and US servers?
  19. beardrive Committed Player

Roflmao

rainbow augs
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Uh....have you heard of.....the internet?