First look at Dakota City and Rocket!!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eve, Mar 16, 2023.

1. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

What you commented about normal maps and specular maps give me hope, you have no idea how long ive been like this texture looks great but needs some normal maps. I have hope!
    • Like x 4
  2. the solowing Steadfast Player

The Art Team:
    [IMG]
  3. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I don't understand this post.
    • Like x 1
  4. xXlNesTlXx Well-Known Player

I dont care how looks if we gonna have another “grind and repeat” episode like we have since ep 40, this game needs a real game changing content…
  5. darth_paul Dedicated Player

My thoughts exactly, it looks nice, but it also looks like just more reskins of the same buildings. :(
  6. Eve YouTuber

I think this City looks different, It might just be this picture that makes it look like that. I mean, I don't really see the need for bulidings to look different, most buildings are built the same in real life too. My hope is that it's big enough to explore, and not a very small area like a lot of maps are. We shall see
    • Like x 3
  7. EconoKnight XIII Legion

This episode is supposed to have a bounty round robin like Patchwork Themyscira and 31st Century, and both of those open worlds were large to accommodate that. I would think this open world should be large too
    • Like x 2
  8. darth_paul Dedicated Player

Well, it's certainly different in where the buildings are positioned to make up a new and different city. But, it's the structures themselves that look like the same models just with different skins on them, and that's the problem.

Washington DC suffered from this a lot! Other than the monuments and the Hall of Justice, just about every other building in the city looked like the same bland cookie cutter filler. For something that was supposed to represent the nation's capitol, they sure didn't put any effort into putting a whole lot of the iconic landmarks or federal buildings or anything.

But, that's what the game has become. Just recycled assets with a facelift in different positions. It's not going to stop me from playing, but at least I recognize it for what it is.
    • Like x 1
  9. Eve YouTuber

I see what you mean. For Washington DC I think it was Oceans who made the map before she left, I think it was refreshing but then it was the same just darker in Dark Knights. This whole story dragged for too long, aswell. I was asking myself if people are getting upset with the comics aswell saying the writers use the same locations (Gotham, Metropolis, Apokolips, etc) instead of coming up with new places. I get that It's a game, but I don't ever see them using 100% new assets. And I think It's because of the team being smaller, with newer members. I do want to see different stuff and newer assets, but I also don't see it happening.

Oh yeah! I totally can't wait to see what it looks like and how big it is then.
    • Like x 1
  10. the solowing Steadfast Player

The devs were cookin up, but the image is gone now lol
    [IMG]

Give them a extra month, see how it comes out.
    • Like x 2
  11. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Has Frank Lloyd Wright and the entire profession of architecture been informed of this?
    • Like x 2
  12. Eve YouTuber

Give me their phone numbers :p
    • Like x 1
  13. Irvynnge Loyal Player

I remember when I first started this game, must've been a couple of days in, & one day I just walked off in a random direction & got lost in Metropolis. I stayed ground level, didn't use the map, & spent a ridiculous amount of time just looking at stuff. it's something I used to do in real life when I lived in London. London's a great city to get lost in. I know it's unlikely, I know they haven't got the bodies, but, genuinely, if I could have anything I want in this game it would be another Gotham or Metropolis.
    • Like x 6
  14. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Ah, so it was Walter's trailer.
    • Like x 2
  15. the solowing Steadfast Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  16. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

[IMG]

Ummm...... hmmm....
  17. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Mr. Wright is reachable at 1-800-IAMDEAD.
    • Like x 1
  18. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

[IMG]

Example of Mr. Wright's work. Absolutely beautiful.
    • Like x 3
  19. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Not long after I started playing the game, I tried to calculate what speed speedsters were traveling at at top speed if our maps corresponded to real life and came to the conclusion that we could only get up to maybe 90 mph or so. Not more than 120 mph, certainly. (The same for flying, of course.)

A bit disappointing, though understandable in terms of balance and control.

A map based on full-scale, or close to it, London, would be great, but as you say, it's not going to happen. (NYC would also be nice; the Marvel Spider-Man games do an impressive job of that.)

It could be a Justice Society in WWII map, bearing in mind Werner von Braun's autobiography, I AM FOR THE STARS (and as Mort Sahl added "but sometimes I hit London").

But I often do love just flying around Metropolis and Gotham. And sometimes I send toons on walks around town, just for the heck of it. (This is also why I love maps that let us go as high as we can in main Metropolis and Gotham. Great views, as well.)

I'd still love it if the devs could add a third, faster, speed option to our movement modes.
    • Like x 4
  20. Empress_Orana Well-Known Player

It’s literally Gotham in the daytime. What are you guys getting excited for??