First look at Dakota City and Rocket!!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eve, Mar 16, 2023.

1. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

That plaza with the fountain looks like a great picture taking spot!
    • Like x 4
  2. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Very nice. :)
    • Like x 3
  3. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

I really hope the playable area is more than just a few city blocks. I'm looking forward to playing in the Milestone playground. :)
    • Like x 4
  4. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Looks good, that is if we dont have to shake cats out of the trees again…
    • Like x 2
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Just wondering. When whoever is the most vocal on the team (as far as we see at least) leaves...i.e. Charon or Batuba, do the remaining devs draw straws or rock paper scissors to see who has to start coming to the forums to talk to us degenerates?

Whatever the method...welcome to the fray.;) The City and Rocket look very nice.
    • Like x 2
  6. DanXVII Committed Player

Looks too much like Metropolis still just as Washington DC did, too much to ask for new roads pavement and greenery textures? Whole of America is identical in this game xD
    • Like x 1
  7. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

LOL, I didn't mind that so much. At least it was something different (at least, until they implement it on every open world).
    • Like x 1
  8. DuffleBagBoii Well-Known Player

Would have liked to see icon in this dlc
    • Like x 2
  9. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Don’t worry, they didn’t want to spoil the surprise reveal just yet. :)
    • Like x 1
  10. Drathmor Unwavering Player

well welcome to the wild west of the DCUO forums. I will always welcome a green name communicating with the player base its the sign the devs actually care about what they are making. like ole Yens caught all kinds of flack but at least even when we didn't agree with him we all or I would assume most at least knew he cared about it. it came through in how he spoke on it.
    • Like x 1
  11. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I miss him honestly … I know people got mad at him… but he truly loved dc comics and wanted what was best for the game. Think of all the things that he took into consideration that we wanted utility belts/armories/ power respecs/ green aura/ When the community struggled and didn’t like the set up of how origin crisis was with the huge gap between vendor gear to drop gear, the next dlc they fixed it there was only a slight difference stat wise between the rage drop gear to green lantern gear. Nothing against SJ I’m sure her hands were tied. But yeah Jen’s really did fight for us to get the things we wanted and I’ll always be appreciative for that
    • Like x 3
  12. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Obviously Dakota City doesn't have a drought. *looks up and whistles* (j/k)
    • Like x 2
  13. ProfessorK New Player

Here's hoping this is the beginning of the next gen of DCUO & we'll see some of that love spread around w/ Metropolis and Gotham respectfully. This looks awesome!
    • Like x 3
  14. Shn275 Well-Known Player

Rocket and Dakota look amazing. My Icon is ready to save the city.
    • Like x 4
  15. Avalaiden New Player

Looks cool! :)
    • Like x 4
  16. Elacron Environment Artist

I'm sure you won't be disappointed with the size of Dakota City. It's been a fun challenge making this map alongside the other environment artist. I'm excited for y'all to jump into it when the episode releases!
    • Like x 7
  17. Elacron Environment Artist

We don't draw straws LOL
    Some of the devs that have been on the game for a while like Glitter and I have expressed interest in communicating more with players on here. Some newer devs have also just joined the forums and contributed to the Art Q&A we had on Friday!
    I'll try to make an effort to reply to environment related comments/questions more often as I learn how to use these forums ha
    • Like x 12
  18. Elacron Environment Artist

Thank you! We're actively trying to improve the look and feel of the game as we go. I'm really proud of what the team has accomplished for this episode and I'm hoping y'all enjoy playing it!
    • Like x 9
  19. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I think it looks beautiful and I'm excited to explore it! I can't wait :D
    • Like x 5
  20. Eve YouTuber

It's good to have you guys joining us on the forums! We need new "familiar faces" since our familiar faces aren't here, to have good communication with :D

This also gives me a little hope for Extra Life this year, last year was Abit disappointing with Mepps soloing it lol
    • Like x 6