Why don't they tell the running period of seasonal events?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Prindacerk, Mar 9, 2023.

1. Prindacerk Committed Player

Honestly. It really irks me when they make a news announcement like this. But there's no mention of when it started and when it will end. Even in the in-game, it only shows the last week when it's about to end. No indication before hand.

Including that information would be very helpful to strategize and plan on farming the tokens.
    • Like x 2
  2. Eve YouTuber

• Mister Mxyzptlk's Mischief
      • March 9-22, 2023
    They do. At https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...nts-and-content-in-dc-universe-online.283516/.
    • Like x 7
  3. myandria Item Storage

• Like x 4
  4. Eve YouTuber

Yeah that would be nice, QoL feature. But he also mentioned he doesn't know when it starts\ends, so I directed him where he can find this information. ;)
    • Like x 2
  5. Prindacerk Committed Player

I didn't see it in the Current and Upcoming Events. I was looking for it in the news announcement they made. And I didn't see a new forum post under announcement section where they haven't posted yet (checked Valentines post and there's no mention of the dates there either).

Not really easy to find this info in different sections. I mean if you are making a news announcement, including the running period on that is not too much to ask. You know what I mean?
    • Like x 2
  6. Eve YouTuber

Oh no I totally agree with you, I think Mepps is just late on posting it on forums. I usually see him posting a day or two before but he was probably busy. I'll expect it today the latest, and, for the most part, they can add the time to the announcements. Would help, I'm sure.
    • Like x 2
  7. Skoll Well-Known Player

He’s posted an extended EU downtime post in the forums, so not sure why theres no new event post…
  8. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I think Mepps is on US Central Time, which means it was really early in the morning for him when he posted the EU downtime notice. I’m Eastern Standard Time in the US and it is almost 9:30 am for me. People are just now arriving at the office in Texas so he might be waiting to get settled in, check his emails and such before he begins posting on the Forum.
    • Like x 1
  9. Eve YouTuber

I don't know, I'm not in charge of his posting schedule, he will probably have it up today though even if he's late, it is on the website aswell
  10. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

It was early in the morning for EU folks when he posted it (exactly when the server's downtime is taking place).
    It must've been really late in night for him. :oops:

There is the announcement on the website now https://www.dcuniverseonline.com/news/dcuo-st-patricks-day-2023 so I guess it'll be re-posted to forums soon™.
    • Like x 2
  11. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I want that Tartarn! Lol
  12. Prindacerk Committed Player

They didn't include the time in the last event either. I tagged the forum post in my previous reply. Had to find the dates in the Current event section only. Nowhere else as far as I can see.
    • Like x 1
  13. Eve YouTuber

Mepps just posted the seasonal thread, and he wrote the dates aswell
    • Like x 1
  14. TheMonarch New Player

I noticed this and the last event it stated how long was left in the teleport menu on the map.
  15. Miss Adora Loyal Player

I wish the devs would stop dog piling the Anniversary, V-day, and St. Patrick's all at once with no break in between
  16. darth_paul Dedicated Player

There's nothing that can be done about that. The anniversary of the game is literally, Jan. 11th, so that's not going to change, and the other two holidays are one after the other.

The only solution would be to just eliminate something, and they're not going to stop doing an anniversary event, so that means omitting either Valentine's or St. Patrick's, and out of those two, St. Patrick's is more likely since it's a smaller event. But, I don't really see them getting rid of either one tbh.
    • Like x 1
  17. Prindacerk Committed Player

It only appears in the last 10 days or so. Not from the beginning.
    • Like x 1