Revert Suppressor Turret and Nature Scs

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by IcySoda EU, Feb 19, 2023.

1. Proxystar #Perception

Yeah I'm not sure you think this would flow through to more tanks or trolls either lol
    • Like x 1
  2. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

The fact that you don't understand it and use that alternative shows how short sighted you are.

So they don't nerf gadgets. They buff every other power. Now content is dying too fast. They buff the content.

Gadgets is nerfed by comparison ANYWAY. Powers are going to get hurt in the name of balance. Its life. We shouldn't need to sugarcoat it for people that think like you.
    • Like x 2
  3. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

It's easier to bring one powerset back down in line with the rest, than to rework 14 in order to buff them.

Also - power creep. If you buff all the powersets to be on par with the strongest/broken ones, all the content will be much, much easier for everyone, meaning players will complain that the game is too easy and there's nothing left to do, then they will go play something else.

Plus, of course - there will always be meta-game and there will always be stronger and weaker powersets, depending on the mechanics of the raids. If you made every powerset "equal" somehow, the best players would still find ones with a bit of an edge, they would work out optimal loadouts and rotations and everyone else would see them on top of the score-card and copy them. That's what always happens. Most players can't make OP builds by themselves, so even if their powerset is good, they won't know it, unless someone with a youtube channel tells them what to do...
  4. Retire Well-Known Player

Content is already dying super fast because all the top DPS are the same three of four powers. What difference would it really make if other powers were buffed? Content would still be just as easy and people could actually play something other than the meta to be competitive.
    • Like x 1
  5. Retire Well-Known Player

6. Retire Well-Known Player

There is zero difference between nerfing the current meta to even the DPS playing field and buffing non - meta powers to even the playing field. It will achieve the same result. The latter would just take more work on the devs part.
  7. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Exactly. And since there is a finite amount of manpower available, more time would have to be taken away from work on other things to buff 14 powers versus nerfing two. That means fewer bugs get fixed, longer times between episodes, fewer QOL improvements, PS5 client getting pushed further back, etc. That’s definitely not the way to go.
    • Like x 2
  8. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Yeah. About 14 times more work. Meaning - there is a difference. And if the overworked devs make a mistake and buff a powerset too much - I guess they should just buff the remaining powersets again, including Gadgets? :) I don't think you understand game design.
    • Like x 1
  9. CodedKills Well-Known Player

I am not a programmer but I don't think balancing all the power sets would be hard. The reason why it's difficult for DC is because they don't have any ideas. They have no one that actually plays this game like end game players do. Therefore, they don't know personally: what is meta, why its meta, and how to make other powers meta. On top of that, when topics like this get brought up the forum's community always brings pushback.

For the fixes that the OP wants a simple solution can be made without much effort at all. For gagdets, make suppressor turret a 100 power cost and keep its current functionality of clipping because it adds uniqueness to gadgets. Goto that spreadsheet and change that 3 to a 1. This helps gadgets with powercost issues as prec and amulet damage as might.

For nature, I think wolf needs to be reverted back to a 25% and gorilla's buff should stay 24/7 if your in gorilla form or the buff should last 30 seconds. This would make nature have the most op 25% but imo that's part of the uniqueness powers should have. Nature DPS relies on supercharge for it damage so the wolf change was a slap in the face. I'm in no way advocating for roar share poison cheese to come back.

In todays current endgame (elite plus) content you can already see 2-4 gadgets/elec/rage/ice dpses in a run and still have a hard time beating it because burn isn't everything. Their is major difference between balancing all powersets in the form of buffing each vs nerfing the top. Buffing powers gives players freedom vs nerfing would be restrictive. If DC was to nerf those top said powers in line with the worst powers that would only leave a sour taste in the already meta players mouth's. As a non meta power I wouldn't even like that because I know the only reason why I got closer to said powers is because they were nerfed.
    • Like x 2
  10. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

That's ok, you don't have to be a programmer to design and develop games. Tell us - what is your experience in the game design and development field? Is it none? Yes, well - then thank you for your "ideas"... :)

Dunning and Kruger send their regards.
  11. Retire Well-Known Player

Read My Signature
  12. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Lol... No. You read mine. :rolleyes:
  13. CodedKills Well-Known Player

I could drop a whole list on every change each power needs in order for it to compete but you know what I can’t because I’m not qualified. Good thing DC has you tho because you so obviously are. Please tell the class what your ideas are Mr. LowFlyingMoon
  14. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

OK. My "ideas": let the professionals worry about those things you can't personally do, nor have ever tried doing. And play the game, as I am doing. Or don't and go play something else. If you think you might have useful feedback, I believe there's a development section, where someone might look at it, though it's not super likely.

Every profession and industry in the world has armchair experts demanding attention, providing ideas and thinking that they came up with the obvious solutions for every - real or imaginary - problem. It's not helpful and it's silly, so I'm making fun of it. I hate punters telling me how to do my job and I don't wish it on others. Ideas are easy and worthless in and of themselves. It's the 1000 steps between a thought popping into your head and the actual finished product that count.

I hear there are a lot of job openings at DB. If you want to show them how easy the job is - perhaps you can apply.
    • Like x 1
  15. zNot Loyal Player

Theres no point in buffing xx number of powers just because Gadgets/Elec are overperforming
    • Like x 1
  16. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

That's a pretty big difference. I think everyone wants us to spend our time in ways that can most benefit the game, not in least efficient ways that have zero difference. No?
    • Like x 7
  17. zNot Loyal Player

Are there any plans or currently ongoing balancing/fixxing changes on things that overperform?
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

There are no plans at the moment. This is always something we will cycle back onto eventually, though.
    • Like x 1
  19. CodedKills Well-Known Player

If DC was to drop an update tomorrow balancing powers/metas, what do y'all think it would look like?
  20. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Would need a weapon and supercharge balance pass before powers or we are just left with the same underlying issues
    • Like x 4