Giving credit where credit is due....Devs

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Reinheld, Feb 9, 2023.

1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

So I've run a LOT of SFFE the last few days including some feat attempts. Which means I've died a LOT (many times on purpose for a wipe/retry)....fled a LOT...respawned a LOT. What didn't do any of is crash on my PS. Like at all. I also did 3 or 4 runs of DME and not one person disappeared when entering/leaving the portal.

I asked in several groups if anyone else with PS had crashed either....they did not.

In watching LFG...I've seen very minimal 'plz invite back to XYZ...I dc'd', or seen messages in trade/lfg/shout spouting negative frustration over losing out on a loot...feat...or just your place in a group/queue.

In other words, I seems as though this issue which has for years plagued one of the largest playerbases the game has has finally been eradicated, or taken down to a negligible amount of happenings. Nicely done. Now I won't say it's up there with something like curing smallpox or polio....but yeah, it's kind of like that.

Well done devs...it took a min (well....1,000,000s of minutes I suppose), but in the end, fixed IS fixed. Thank you.

On behalf of all the PS players I know of....
    [IMG]

Now...I gotta go reinstall DC on my PS5 finally.
    • Like x 18
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Yea. The crashing seems to have actually been fixed. I’m still extremely nervous when ever I go through a loading screen. Don’t think that nervous tick will ever go away lol.

Unfortunately the brokers seem to have gotten worse. Hope that gets fixed soon (without breaking the servers lol)
    • Like x 4
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I figured as a 'thank you' reward I would say nothing bad about the game for 48 hours.

I'll be back Sunday to talk about the broker.

But yeah, I do notice the pause before fleeing has gone up a slight tick...maybe as a result of the fix...but my apprehension has gone down each time I've seen it, so I figure in a few weeks I'll be over it as long as the crashes don't come back.
    • Like x 3
  4. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

Yeah. I haven't crashed since the hot fix! For a while it was happening several times sometimes one right after the other.
    • Like x 2
  5. Achikah All About That Base

Went through about 30 base teleports last night within 2-3 hours, all of which were fully decorated, all 700 spots filled- not a single crash.

It was glorious. T_T

+1 Truly well done, team.
    • Like x 4
  6. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Haven't had a crash since then. Well done to the dev team.

Although now this curious cat wonders.... did this fix the Phoenix Cannon crashes as well?
    • Like x 3
  7. UnboundHeavenlyDemon Well-Known Player

when they fix the broker we’ll think “what broke when they fixed the broker?” lol
    • Like x 2
  8. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

So far my experience on the PS5 has been wonderful. Even the graphics look more crisp to me. No crashes, no lag (lag can be an Internet Provider issue), or any adverse has happened to me. I’m really glad they were able to fix it. It’s been a long project, and I can feel their sense of relief lol.
    • Like x 3
  9. Random Mind Dedicated Player

I have done a lot of warping and switching characters since the update and have had..... gulp..... no crashes. I'm thankful that I can finally play DCUO on my PS5 without wondering if the next warp will be my last.

Well done.

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  10. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  11. Drathmor Unwavering Player

so far so good i havent been kicked since the update
    • Like x 1
  12. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Seconded.

Startttinggggggg....... THE CLAMP SUCKS!!..... Now!

See ya Sunday.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Good question. Might be tied to the same issue....worth a look I think.
    • Like x 1
  14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

It's great to hear the confirmations coming in.
    • Like x 8
  15. the solowing Steadfast Player

Make i ask in laymens terms, what seemed to be the problem?
  16. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

srand((unsigned int) time(NULL));
    random = ((float) rand() / (float)(RAND_MAX));
    if ( platform == PS4 && random < 0.5 ) {
    exit(1);
    }
    • Like x 1
  17. the solowing Steadfast Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  18. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Nani? ? ?

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

In these cases, we were freeing/unallocating memory too early, when it was still being used. This issue originated from code from 2009-ish, pre-launch, which was exacerbated over time.
    • Like x 13
  20. the solowing Steadfast Player

Thanks for the insight!
    • Like x 1