Not trying to body shame her...but...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Reinheld, Feb 2, 2023.

1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Can we ask Isis to move her apparently boney while at the same time 'wide enough to block the door' rear end out of the doorways in NU? Was blasting through a bunch last night and 5 for 5 runs she sits in a doorway at some point, apparently tied to one of the players behind her, waiting for them to move but also blocking them from proceeding. A lot of people blame the adds and henchmen, but no....most times it's Isis.

Either that or in future episodes, please refrain from putting in doorways that are too small for more than 1 entity to fit through at once.

And no...It's not the first time I noticed it...it's happened in most runs since launch, but man....last night she was on a mad 'door blocking' tear for some reason.
    • Like x 5
  2. Crimson Veil Dedicated Player

I feel like players and their pets trying to all rush through the doors at the same time (sometimes) start a chain reaction that causes this. I like to get on my mic (usually just for my leagues amusement) and say something like "single file muther f*kers....I know you learned it in grade school!" :D
    • Like x 2
  3. BumblingB I got better.

I've had a few griefers do this in the event and random queue reg runs myself.

Also, never experienced Isis doing this. Always players or their pets.

I agree, they need to make sure the doorways on the maps are much wider. I'm having flashbacks to the CC bounty runs with the griefers intentionally blocking doorways to stop players who were trying to get out of the safehouses. Spytle was the reason why those doors got wider. I think he experienced it personally.
    • Like x 3
  4. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Agree, just..... make sure bosses don't fling themselves out the doors just as they close for the boss fights... I've had Nightwing do that before in the villain version of 8th Precinct when he leaps at you and I have no idea why they made him leap in the direction of the door with such force. Problem was that he was still engaged and trying to fight me (but couldn't get through the closed door to me), meaning the boss fight was still active, meaning the door stayed closed. Since then, I've had a few times where his leap sent him past me towards the door but he's landed juuuuuust short of it but barely and it always gives me a mini heart attack. Only way to complete it after he went through the door was to start all over, which was annoying. I like to headcanon Raven gained self awareness and realized she was in a video game and that I couldn't do anything to her unless I completed this boss fight so she just.... removed the boss. Telekinesis is one of her powers, after all.

Here's the capture, to show what I'm talking about lmfao. Luckily, this is the only instance I've noticed have this issue so far.... knock on wood.
  5. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  6. BumblingB I got better.

I had it happen to me with the Greed fight in the new solo. He jumped out of the area and couldn't fight me. lol
    • Like x 1
  7. Sghoul Well-Known Player

This call comes down to character collision. It needs to go away. The gameplay doesn't really allow you to use it for strategic purposes, so it is just a thing that hinders people.
    • Like x 1
  8. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Not really true. Most recent example I can think of is the feat for avoiding Hatred's charge in NUe, strategy is the group rotating backup/henchman to block him.
    • Like x 1
  9. Sghoul Well-Known Player

You can still have player to enemy collision I suppose. But one instance doesn't really negate the constant annoyance of getting stuck behind things or not being able to roll away due to players/pets/henchmen/etc.

Jumping to games that don't have it (most) is so much less frustrating.
    • Like x 1
  10. Ryazan Dedicated Player

If the devs can code that and make it work, I guess.

Just out of curiosity, which games are examples of not having the collision? I don't remember any game that I've played, 3d at least, not having collision between the player and NPCs/allies.
  11. Sghoul Well-Known Player

FF 14 and Guild Wars 2off the top of my head. At least as far as other players/pets

In Guild Wars, the pets move so much more intelligently too.
    • Like x 1