Make Neo-Venom Boost a 30 second cooldown

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by CodedKills, Jan 29, 2023.

1. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

Why settle for 30 seconds? Even if they made it 12 seconds... Circuit breaker would still be better.

I don't understand why everyone is bringing up every other crappy supercharge here. Yeah... hopefully they find the time to get around to that eventually... but this would be an incredibly quick and easy adjustment that would undoubtedly add balance to powersets.
    • Like x 1
  2. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

But wop is a 50% like neo can't you do the same. Its been my understanding that electric and rage do so much damage cause they can hit the damage buff sc 3 times compare to neo. Either way with them losing another dev. We won't see any real changes 4 a long time.
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I have plenty of different builds for prec. None use speed abilities cause I’m not speed and I don’t like speed. So you’re wrong when saying there is no diversity within precision. There is a lot of diversity for both prec and might. The only reason player think the way you do is because no one wants to test and most (not saying you) just go off what they see on YouTube.

And you’re also not considering what you give up to do such things. Outside of a few powers, most players using 2 SCs in their loadouts are also giving up RSK which is free passive damage. On top of that, using such builds makes it less SC efficient since you only have one head mod and only get the SC back on one of your SCs (unless you’re carrying a second head piece).
  4. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Player: "Buff this!"
    Devs: "Okay, we'll also buff next boss we release."
    Player: "NOOOOOOOOO....!!!"
  5. Illumin411 Loyal Player

EA Sports; if it’s in the game, it’s in the game!
    • Like x 1
  6. Henoshock Well-Known Player

With Transformation Card, WoP is about a 10% mulitplicative increase to damage. If it stacks from multiple uses (which I've heard it should, but not sure), then it's still also a 10% multiplicative stacking (e.g. if 4 DPS use it, then everyone would have about ~45% increase to Might damage).

I do think it sounds good in theory, but would be pretty hard to pull off in real content. You need multiple Might DPS in the group, they should be popping it at the same time, they need to be in range for its damage to hit, basically a fair amount of coordination that you won't find most of the time.

The biggest advantages to NVB + another (5k) SC are its burst and in-combat flexibility (IMO). Burst is generally way more useful than increasing DPS, e.g. when hallway adds die too quickly, when you need to kill adds fast during a fight, when you only have a few seconds to DPS before having to block/reposition/etc., when you can time it with your stat buff trinket and supply drop.

WoP gives better loadout flexibility (if you're using it alone), but I think is still more conditional to use. Let's say you just pug some content, you'll lose damage for every Prec DPS in the group (and if it's not a raid then it's just always worse), and you also lose damage for every DPS that is worse than you (since it's a group buff, the buff on yourself if lower in return to for giving teammates a buff as well). Now you can solve this with better coordination, but it's just too rare for it to be consistent usually.

So while 4 Might DPS with WoP may be optimal... for 99.99999999999999% of players, NVB will be better. It would be nice for NVB to get a similar treatment as WoP and have different effects based on role. Only the damage buff stays for DPS's, Tanks can get a defense buff and maybe a self-heal like what the envenomed enemies do, and Controllers/Healers can get new effects (don't attach this to a new artifact though).
  7. CodedKills Well-Known Player

Thats correct. Rage and elec have the benefit of a short cooldown super and they're great supers on top of that. Thats why other powers run 2-3 SCS to keep up with the amount of EoGs Rage/elec/gadgets can pop. WoP does have the advantage of being short cooldown but it's actual usefulness does not compare to Neo. Running 2-3 30 seconds cooldown SCS allows you to pop the same amount of EoGs as the powers mentioned
  8. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

That still isn't really our concern. Same with their "resources". Our job is just to provide feedback and/or suggestions. It's up to the devs to decide when/where/how or what to do with it. No matter how long it could supposedly take.
    • Like x 1
  9. Talks2MuchSense Well-Known Player

I'm still confused about how this would bridge any gaps at all. Might players aren't the only ones using Neo Venom. The only power I can think of that wouldn't use it is Electric with Circuit Breaker being better.

Right now it's like there's a room full of 50 people, 40 are starving and 10 have food. The suggestion is to give everyone, all 50, sandwiches. It staves off the hunger of the 40, but it doesn't change that the 10 still have more food. The 10 still relatively have more food than the 40 even after the sandwiches.

The only way to bridge any gaps at this stage is to bring the entire system back to basics and rebuild it from there. WM is gone, but so too should Clipping and Animation Cancelling. Clipping powers would return to the game after all adjustments have been made, but instead of it being something that was just left in the game as explained by Mepps, the new Balance Pass is built around it and with it in mind. Controlled. With set times and time limits.

Buffing anything or Nerfing anything right now will fix nothing. It's a band-aid that most who have played the game for years know falls off far too fast and far too easily. 1 of 3 mechanics blocking the game from true balance is already gone, its time for the other 2 to go.
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

So your solution to 'no power diversity' is to make it so there is even less power diversity and everyone using Neo Venom?

What a fun game it will be when everyone is using the same arits, same allies and same rotations? And people want a new powerset added....why?
  11. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

You say that like almost everyone isn't using it anyway. The only things that beat it are Berserk, Circuit Breaker, and Ice Elemental.

They could at least make it CLOSE to as effective as the ones mentioned above for those not fortunate enough to have access to them.

It really wouldn't have any negative effects. People are either already using it or are using something better than it.
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

'Beat' it....So you are talking about PvP? Otherwise, sorry....I DGAF what everyone else is running or the scoreboard. Of course I don't make threads like this, then have mentions of lack of diversity either.

Remember...there is no 'I' in Team (there is a 'M' and 'E' though....all them coaches never saw that I guess).
  13. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

That was really cheesy way of saying "I don't even try to be good because I don't care". You sound like a really great partner in crime.
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

'Good'....as in "if you are not top of the board...you are 'not good'...amiright?". Don't worry....we'll never be in the same group. Any that matter anyway. I don't group with try-hards. When your main concern is 'beating' your team mates vs the content....yeah, you are a try hard.
  15. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

You know you can do both, right? They aren't exactly opposed. Regardless... it's like fitness. You're kind of supposed to try to be the best you without seriously comparing yourself to others. Didn't your father ever teach you the importance of being swole af?
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Nah, he taught me the importance of teamwork and doing my job. Plus I like being able to tie my own shoes, so being too 'swole af' isn't necessarily applicable to that. You do you though bro....the game needs muscleheads too.

I'm not the one who is worrying about what powers of my team mates I can 'beat'. That's you.
    • Like x 1
  17. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

Yeah... I'm really feeling the importance of teamwork right meow. Getting along with others seems like its right up your alley. Got any advice?
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Sure, but I save that for people I'd actually run with. You do you, boo. Like I said, the game needs all types, including try hards. It just ain't me....not on this game...not for a long time.
  19. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

Interesting. That's the secret to being a real arbiter of teamwork?

From now on... I'm only going to run content with people who wear blue, talk fast, and eat at least 6 eggs for breakfast.

Now I should be oozing with those important and deep qualities your daddy instilled in you as well. I'm feeling more cooperative already.
  20. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

I'll raise you. 15 seconds cooldown.
    • Like x 1