Pride Boss Complaint

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheLorax, Jan 26, 2023.

1. Bloodwynd71 Active Player

I went by today in a low phase and there were 8 people doing this boss and there were really low numbers of adds and it seemed like for most of the bounty the tornadoes weren't there and when they spawned it seemed like only 3. So maybe the number of people doing the bounty affects the tornadoes.
  2. myandria Item Storage

Understood and I agree with your points; however, there is no denying that the "one and done" or "two and I'm through" or "three and I'm free" feats runs are coveted by this game community in general.

As I have stated before, I expected this new bounty to have a higher feat count; in fact, I had mapped out my time to spend on it. I figured I would be done with it by mid-February, since I dont always have time so spend multiple hours on the game. You would think that by NOW most players would be savvy enough to try to stretch out time spend on open world boss feats to avoid boredom; sadly, this is not the case.

I expect Infernal Kandaq to be nearly empty from the new bounty by this coming week, if it isn't like that already. We are near the end of Anniversary, so many players will want to finish up feats/styles, collect base items and farm those marks to hold onto for next year.

Unless, of course, there is a bonus Coins of Ra event around the corner...
    • Like x 1
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I did 25 on one character, replayed the 25 count feat on a second character and then ran it another 30 times to get the 55 count feat. Ran it once on a third character. Just like this episode's raids I'm never running it again.
    • Like x 2
  4. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I might not, I would normally only do it for the coins, but I definitely have enough already for whatever 400 mark material and all of the 200 mark auras they come out with next. Good to have the feat out of the way and never have to worry about it again. Now I can slack all I want xD
    • Like x 2
  5. Skoll Well-Known Player

Im certain there will be a triple currency week not too far away with a new material and aura/accessories . Like they just did with Dark Knights. Double currency with some small rewards, 1-2 months later, a triple currency with the big ticket items. For whoever didn’t get their Pride feats done first day and don’t want to wait 55 weeks to finish the feat, that will be a good opportunity.
    • Like x 2
  6. Skoll Well-Known Player

Most people do not want to let a easy achievable SP sit and not pop for 50+ weeks for the sake of an hour or two. Now the next EP with wonderverse style WBs? That’ll be different. I still know people who haven’t finished those WB feats because they didn’t spam at the beginning and aren’t always around for a wb spam run.
    • Like x 1
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Well, let's see. I said I'd probably do 1 a day while doing dailies or pop a few each week on weekly reset. All in all I'd say I'll average 7--10 a week not expending much extra time down there and definitely not sitting there on repeat more than 2 maybe. So 5-8 weeks...maybe...not 50. I don't really think the .5 SP I'll be missing matters all that much after 700.

My general rule is to make sure it's finished by the end of the DLC. 5-8 weeks should be more than quick enough. If I see you down there killing one for the weekly bounty, or doing a batch when it's 3x, I'll wave (assuming the emotes work).
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, I'll keep going for the weeklies after reset till I hit 999 coins and have the 'buy' things done. 24 marks a week for 5 min work is too easy to pass up, and I like to hit the marks conversion maxed on 5 or 6 toons generally. As long as you go down Thurs/Friday, and get into phase 1 (PS/PS...I know Xbox might not have 2 phases:oops:), it's pretty reliable. Now...go on wed afternoon? That's a crap shoot, but worst case the 100 adds are pretty doable.
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

We should have at least the 3x coming, then normally at least 1 spotlight ep before it eventually goes EEG (maybe 2?) I'll be done before that, but latecomers might take advantage.
    • Like x 2
  10. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I thought the mechanics were actually pretty cool and about as unique as you’re gonna get in an open world bounty in this game. Were they a tad annoying to do 55 times in a row? Sure. But I’m only doing it a couple times a week going forward which is perfectly fine and even fun.

I’m pretty sure bounties are still scaling to the amount of players in the vicinity plus once everybody has the feats for killing the adds more players will target lock Pride using ST damage so the fight might be a bit shorter. As for the firenados, if you’re a tank power you can throw your immunity in your LO which works against the CC and interrupt effects. Obviously that goes double if you’re in a group and in tank role since the whole group gets the benefit. Pride’s pull in mechanic does seem to ignore immunity though. If you’re a non-lantern troll power, you have an immunity shield that works the same for you. For everybody else, the breakout trinket helps and can be purchased for like 7-10 source marks.
  11. Illumin411 Loyal Player

On US PS/PC server there were steady groups doing the WV bounty circuits damn near around the clock throughout that entire DLC and even through the next couple DLCs though at a slightly less frequency (except for the first month month or so of legion bounty spam). Even to this day, when I go to knock out my weekly T4-6 bounties, I find others doing the WV bounties way more often than any of the other EEG bounties. Though I will say often the group is too small, squishy and/or inexperienced to do Hydra. The rest are always doable though (Ares can be solo’d fairly easily).

Fun fact, throughout the first month or two of WV I kept trying to tell everyone on here and in game that those open world bosses would not be like the previous bounties and that people would be doing them steadily for quite some time. I advised everyone they could take their time if they wanted without missing an opportunity. As usual, people didn’t listen and instead spammed until their fingers bled which had them coming back here in droves to complain about the playtime choices THEY made. Yeah Smokey, I’m bringin’ up old s*** but I’m done feathering my cap now. :p
  12. xXlNesTlXx Well-Known Player

I did the 55 kills feat in a single row during the first day...
    After 20 times, boss was surrounded by afk players..
    After 30 times, I joined them, checking social media at my phone, hitting the boss with a couple of ranged attacks each time...
    After 40 times, I started a tanking game with a league teammate, pulling minions to the air to deal with the boredom..(probably this was the most fun part, absolutely useless but fun)
    After 50 times, some new league teammates joined to the group, and they finished the job while I was in the kitchen doing my dinner...

This is the worst boss of the game by far...thanks to God I only must kill him 8 times more until ep 46 release
  13. Ryll Committed Player

Did these feats last night while watching the base off stream. After a couple rounds of it, popped in solar amp, changed my allies to nubia, oracle and calculator and popped in the auto breakout mod in my gen it was easy.
  14. Skoll Well-Known Player

Ah, I was thinking mostly for the people who would wait for lootlock.
    • Like x 1
  15. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

My only ‘complaint’ about this boss and the Injustice boss comes down to the excessive flashing of tornados or the flames, they both give me a bad headache. It is something I have to deal with personally as strobing effects like those two really messes with me, and I have to take my own precautions when playing games with strobing effects as part of the boss battle.
    • Like x 1
  16. BumblingB I got better.

This was by far the worst open world bounty. There is no reason to have so many compounding CC elements. None. Worst yet, they break the rule of ignoring CC immunity. What's the point of a breakout if I can be immediately CC'd again. AS A TANK USING PERFECT POISE?!

I'm done with it now and will only do it weekly for the lockout. That's it now. This thing is a nightmare and I don't want to even solo it. If there isn't enough players in the area, I can always skip it that week.
    • Like x 2
  17. myandria Item Storage

Well, I won't be finished, but I will have enough coins to not have to run that 3x event for the entire week.
    • Like x 1
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah...there is that, but I was just saying, you can still get them done, in reasonably fast fashion, without doing the whole '1 sitting' method we've all seemed to get used to.

First off, I'm kind of against that whole thing as I think that's what got us the WV and LLL timed rotations a few years ago. The devs figured that would hinder us from blowing them out in one sitting....and to me, it was a terrible reaction to something that no one was really complaining about.

I just find it personally frustrating that when I WOULD bother to knock them all out in 1 day (and yes....I've done it plenty), then come down and do them again and again for the weekly pay, or be able to just throw a few shots in as I'm doing dailies to get +1, +10 or even +100 more times....which all amounts to jack squat. Even the above mentioned WV bounties, I'd guess I'm over 150 rotations on at this point (apok and Hydra at least)...but to be fair, when I did finish my 100 passes while the DLC was current, I never knew we'd get the EEG source marks due to the clamp and changes as relevancy was a thing at the time. I was doing them thinking I'd never return to that area in the future, past the DLC....and now it's kind of just part of a weekly bounty run for many.
  19. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

where is that damned fourth chaos emerald?
  20. Sghoul Well-Known Player

I think they need to change these kinds of feats. Instead of xnumber of defeats maybe it needs to be a lower number but be "complete quest x number of times" so that people either space it out and don't finish in one night or they will have to pay points to keep getting the quest.