Does anyone know what the devs plan to do with PvP?

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by GhostsAndMagic, Jan 14, 2023.

1. GhostsAndMagic Dedicated Player

Are they planning on getting around to it eventually?

Are they waiting for people to stop playing it enough that they can justify removing it entirely?

Are they just going to leave PvP in it's current state forever?

I feel like it's been years since we've gotten any sort of information on the future of PvP. It sucks because it at it's core the RPS system works really well and is fun to play, but PvP hasn't received any significant balance changes or new rewards so very few people still queue up, and many of the people who do just intend to boost for feats or outright cheat.
    • Like x 2
  2. FluffyCloud99 Well-Known Player

Ok so...
    1: Devs dont care for pvp since stat clamp
    2: Pvp was fine during the start of stat clamp but with the introduction of artifacts and the constant leveling we have been doing, its become very unbalanced. Battle tanks can live forever, Gadgets/Mental rule pvp. No artifacts? Forget about it.
    3: Its only purpose now if feats. There is no joy in pvp if everyone is the same overpowered mess
    4: its gonna take ALOT to redo pvp to which the devs will not do as pvp does not earn the game money.
    5: Pvp just sucks. Has for a while, its not worth it anymore.

Imo, they should do events like legends. give 10x more progress to the feats or just give the more "out of reach" feats out. Such as the 8v8, 5v5, safehouses and the other niche feats. The solo/duo feats are not that hard to obtain i suppose, but its gonna be a while grinding them if all you come across is veteran pvper who have not quit pvp just yet. If you are underlevelled then chances are you will not get the solo/duo feats in a short time, rather a long time
    • Like x 1
  3. FluffyCloud99 Well-Known Player

Stat revamp* Not clamp
  4. xXlNesTlXx Well-Known Player

If we must vote, I vote for this one:

Are they just going to leave PvP in it's current state forever?

-Yes, Sir
  5. FearsomeScarecrow Well-Known Player

So, it's hard to determine the state of pvp since it's full of speedhackers or consumable expoliters. I actually came to forums to complain about these hostile conditions.

But I agree, what are Devs going to do about arenas? Mean if it was marketplace issue they'd fix it asap. If DCUO would've outlined that they were gonna abandon a whole category and DLC full of feats w/e they were revamping gameplay to help simplify dps roles and loadout for PvE back in Amazon Fury days then maybe I wouldn't be as upset as I am; not only by the gameplay of arenas nowadays but also the hallow queues.

If the Devs want a suggestion what they can do is: fill arenas with bots, ik they have some AI thing to give a healthy fight to a group of players. instead of staying in queue for an on duty that won't pop.

Or give same amount of loot to winning or losing team, I mean if you won't take out cheaters you can at least reward legit players for their tolerance of the inactivity of the Developer Team by not making them grind twice as long by being outmatched by a program or consumable expoliters.

Third thing I can think of is allow people to host a whole arena to allow boosting similar to a scrimmage challenge. I know from a developer's PoV this isn't a easy pill to swallow because if you open this can of worms, who knows what other people would suggest to a similar thing for PvE content i can't even think of but you know a no-life is capable of scheming up. iykykuk? But tbh you guys killed PvP arenas with your lack of involvement to keeping cheaters out and arenas interesting. So...

Finally, my last suggestion is to give everyone the feats. Believe me this isn't one those "save the best for last" things. I'm actually disgusted to have to put this on the list because i grinded 2 different pvp toons to end tier pvp gear at the time. In hindsight it was a stupid thing to do because we now know your direction for PvP was nowhere. I could've prob be done with PvP feats if I'd just accumulated feats on one toon instead of splitting arena time between 2 different characters but PvP was a fun time back in 2013 whenever i joined DCUO and unfortunately it is just a dark corner in the DCUO mmorpg now.

I know I got like a hundred hours left of grinding (this is only because I have to take L's to cheaters and empty queues) left to finish my list of feats and I have pretty good chunk of it accomplished. Can't imagine the new people who are joining DCUO in last couple years think of it whenever they look at the feat menu. A good thing about the last suggestion is it can be part of the annual cr skip program. in fact you can put it on the fifty dollar Cr skip token rn and you can make money on the impatient players and bank on nickel and dime purchases on the replay badges for feat sharing people.
    • Like x 1
  6. FluffyCloud99 Well-Known Player

Allow feats in scrimms. Give bonus progress to feats with events/bonuses.

Issue wont be the feats are hard to get. it is the cheaters, unbalance and sheer lack of population
    • Like x 1
  7. Solarbound Committed Player

The DEVS should be ashamed that they've allowed PVP to fall into such a state. Apparently, they're okay with killing off their own game's true potential -_-
    • Like x 3
  8. xXlNesTlXx Well-Known Player

Looking at the copypasted episodes since ep 42, the poorly roadmap for 2023 and the never coming Ps5 version...I think they aren't ashamed at all for the actual PvP status..
    • Like x 1
  9. Solarbound Committed Player

What a complete joke -_-
  10. Ash Inferno Well-Known Player

Probably nothing cuz it doesn't make money :(
    • Like x 1
  11. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

Hi
  12. Drathmor Unwavering Player

The whole it doesn't make money argument is so factually wrong
    people who cared about PVP also played PVE as it gave you SP to be better in PVP and vice versa for PVE players

both parts of the game had a community generally the same for both tho some were diehard one or the other.

more players in game is more people buying things

they dont fix it because they cant figure out how to do it correctly now with all the changes the game has gone through
    in some ways thye cant change it because there are aspects that will also effect PVE which they dont want

and the way some of the systems are setup makes it hard to make the kinds of changes needed *whatever those are at this point is highly debatable

BUT ITS NOT BECAUSE PVP DOESNT MAKE MONEY!

I wish they would just turn their PVP server into old school DCUO or as wow did

DCUO Classic
    give us back the rock paper scissor mechanic
    and roll back all the changes that broke it

I know that's kind of impossible but if I'm wishing a world, I want it to be one I like
    • Like x 1
  13. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

I don't know what my heart is but my heart tells me anyway Metallo guess love like that
  14. Dom-Eon Dedicated Player

Ah some things never change
    • Like x 1
  15. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

At some point they're probably going to take it out the back and put it out of its misery... :p
    • Like x 1
  16. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

Eg7 is all about pvp in the games they invest into. Right now we don't have a director/ceo to carry the game into new light/revamp. Our old ceo completely destroyed PVP and pve with a stats revamp clamp which nobody asked for. Our next ceo must bring balance instead of clamping. Next ceo/director must put the foot down which a new revamp to address stats don't matter and they must in order to feel progression. Next revamp must be a balance revamp for stats to matter. Hears to hopping we get the dcuo this game seriously deserves its been far 2 long without stats matters. It would be nice to have some friends come back and enjoy dcuo without having to have 10 years experience. just to get though content or win a pvp fight in under 30mins
  17. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

• Like x 3
  18. GermanM Committed Player

They have no plans for PVP.
    • Like x 1
  19. Frankzilla Committed Player

thats bout an 8 yr long question..
  20. Limey Committed Player

It's hard to take you seriously when you think a creative director and CEO are the same thing.

The reality is this game suffers from one major flaw: no separation of power balancing in PVE and PVP. That was one of the biggest issues and points of complaint in early years, having PVE and PVP balancing changes affecting eachother. That being said, they won't ever remove PVP because it's too integrated into the game and would be too much work with zero financial incentive.

As to whether they'll ever unofficially 'unabandon' PVP, I'd love it if they did, but with their inability to detect and ban hackers, combined with the aforementioned balancing issues, I don't see it happening unless EG7 decides to bump millions into rebuilding the game on a newer engine with newer tech/tool capabilities, and essentially create more versatility in the power/combat files allowing separate alterations to how powers affect enemies in PVE versus in duels or arenas.

But for now, they don't ban hackers without player reports providing evidence and even then it can take days or weeks for the ban to occur, and any changes made for PVP balancing sake would see a major outcry from PVE-focused players, which is the majority of the playerbase these days.
    • Like x 2