Just a few things to get off my chest regarding Stat Clamp and The state of the game for new players

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by FluffyCloud99, Jan 11, 2023.

1. Gamma Lantern Committed Player

You really like to be proven wrong, the sad part is you make it far too easy every time.

What DayBreak defines users as is once again not a determination when considering if a person who paid DayBreak for a product or service is by definition a customer or not.

Just like your made up condition of being able to resell an item after purchase isn’t a determination of whether a person who pays DayBreak for a product or service is a customer.

Neither of those factors determine whether a person is a customer of a business or not. The only determination is if that person purchased a product or service from that business. So yes anyone who purchased a service or product from DayBreak is a customer of DayBreak.

Furthermore, DayBreak is held to certain standards by organizations such as the Better Business Bureau in the ways that they handle transactions with their customers. Regardless of the liability we take on as end game users, we are still afforded some level of protection. For example, DayBreak can not legally charge customers a higher fee than the agreed upon fee when making the purchase and DayBreak can not continue to charge for a service after that customer has discontinued the service.

Not sure why you’re rambling about ownership of the game, you must be getting really desperate at this point.

Anyways this has been painful spoon feeding you the definition of a customer so I hope you make it count. Lessons like this usually aren’t free.
    • Like x 3
  2. Talks2MuchSense Well-Known Player

This here:

Also, don't act like the clamp's itself was ever mentioned in those things in the months prior to it's release as well lmfao

That was the exact moment you messed up. Could have been a civil conversation about the matter, and instead you posted the above "lmfao" nonsense along with 2 pictures of "Upcoming Events". The 2 pictures themselves were pulled from the thread link I sent you. The thread containing details about the upcoming clamp and all its changes. It even includes the old version where Source Marks weren't going to be in Endgame Content. So you send a reply to someone "virtually laughing" at them, yet your own post contradicted itself. All I really had to do to "make you look bad" was post the link to the thread the pictures came from. Think about that for a second. To "make you look bad", all that was necessary was the truth. All I had to do was present 100% of what you tried to twist the truth of.

If you "look bad" then it was either out of extreme carelessness by grabbing the pictures from the thread without reading it, or by means of intentional deceit. And by the way you reacted afterwards it's not hard to imagine it was the latter, in which case I can't imagine owing an apology for. You'd look bad because you tried to deceive in order to post a silly "lmfao" post.
    • Like x 1
  3. Talks2MuchSense Well-Known Player

So in short:

You can't have a definition. Here's my definition.

Cool. Given a chance to prove me wrong and didn't take it. Couldn't, is actually the proper term I suppose. That's basically forfeit I suppose. Just do me a favour though pal, and I'm being 100% sincere with this, if you ever end up in a dangerous situation and someone threatens you unless you hand over your watch, just hand over the watch. If you try to tell him "Well you'd be surprised to know that the word Watch has many meanings..." then it's not going to end well.

"I'm an End User and Customer" lol. Thanks for the laughs pal. I'll look forward to future ones.
    • Like x 1
  4. Gamma Lantern Committed Player

There you go rambling more nonsense to try and make your obviously false take somehow realistic rather than addressing any of my logical points as to why a person who purchases a product or service from a business is a customer.

Speaks to the fact that you don’t have the tools to address my points but to be fair to you, no one has the tools to explain why the proper definition of a word isn’t correct.

So once again, please take this lesson to heart. A person that pays a business for a service or product is a customer of that business. Both legally and by definition.

It’s not that difficult champ, please learn this lesson and be better in the future.
    • Like x 3
  5. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

What it tells me is that
    1) They want to assure some of their paying customers
    2) They don't want to piss off any their paying customers
    • Like x 2
  6. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

I love the fact that you accuse him of getting pissy about the definition of words that don't matter in the face of real world applications...

When it's you who started this tangent by doing so...

Pretending grapes are sour, are we, Mr. Fox?

Stating the reality that you failed to see isn't quite the joke that you imagine it to be.
    • Like x 3
  7. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

True.

You also don't own the room in the Holiday Inn that you paid for...
    That doesn't prevent you from being considered a paying customer by the hotel.
    • Like x 3
  8. the solowing Steadfast Player

So why would they ever respond to threads like this if anything they say is going to blow up in their face?
    • Like x 2
  9. Miss Adora Loyal Player

I'm an anti-clamp player. I do not find it fun, and I find it a waste of time. Devs argument is that we were getting too strong, so they nerfed us in older content. Then go ahead and turn around and add more powerful artifacts, pet levels and allies, which helps us become stronger. For me, this is a head scratcher. That is like where I work, the brag about how much money they make, then turn around cut our hours so we can't get over time.

Then there are the pro-clamp folks. "You just want to one shot bosses and easy content! No, it is earned through natural progression of getting stronger which DCUO was design from the start. This isn't like final fantasy where when we level up, enemies' level up. Anyone who argues we play the content the way it was design, it isn't. From the start of DCUO, we didn't have allies, pets (other than the ones with powers), no utility belts, no artifacts, no sidekicks, no henchmen, no base mods, no league mods, no might build only, no precision build only. We had a basic, everyone uses x amount of sps, and you had to learn a rotation between might powers and weapons.

I only play end game content now, which I find it is boring. Before the clamp, I would farm Prime once a week to hoping to get the op helmet just for the style, or Gates to get the crown to drop for the styles. Or just run an old raid myself because I got bored with end game content. Doing the same thing over and over again gets boring. Yes, I could do it now, but I would need to form a group, and hope to get some people to run it. The last thing I want to do is take forever in there. I beat every content to death leveling up, the last thing I want to do is beat them to death when I already surpass them.

I don't know anyone else here feels, but when I was leveling up, these bosses would smack me around, knock me out, then laugh at me after they beat me. It's fun to go back stronger and return the favor. Now I am finally able to smack them around. It is kind of Lime in Superman 2 when Clark lost his powers and try to fight the bully, only to get beat up. Then at the end after he got his powers back and get his sweet revenge.
    • Like x 3
  10. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

You sir, have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. The above is the absolute most ridiculous statement I believe I have ever read so far on this Forum.

My Netflix comparison is spot on, both Netflix and Daybreak offer a subscription to their CUSTOMERS. I am purchasing entertainment from both companies. I am on the Customer email list of both companies.

The hubris expressed here is astounding.
    • Like x 3
  11. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

You are a Hertz customer, you purchased their service, their service is their product. I assure you (and anybody else) if you use Hertz for your car rental needs, Hertz most assuredly regards you as their customer.
    • Like x 2
  12. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I guess the Fortune 100/500 customers that hire the marketing firm I work for aren't our customers since they are buying a service from us that is intangible, and can't be re-sold by them since it is service.
    • Like x 1
  13. Plowed In Loyal Player

Well, I see Grodd’s hit everyone with his devolution rays again…
    • Like x 3
  14. the solowing Steadfast Player

Well...licensing...You didn't purchase anything but the access to view content.

I'm no lawyer so I could be completely off.
    You hereby agree not to assert and/or bring any cause of action, claim and/or suit against Daybreak, our affiliates, and/or our licensors and suppliers arising out of and/or related to (a) any claim that you own any Virtual Currency, digital downloads, or Virtual Items, (b) any claim for the "value" of any Virtual Currency, game cards, digital downloads, or Virtual Items, (c)
    • Like x 2
  15. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Yes... THAT IS THE POINT.:rolleyes:

Clampers cite the fact that devs don't respond to threads like these as an "Obviously, this is a sign that they side with us!"....

When in reality... It's probably more of a sign that they don't side with anyone.... at least, vocally... for the very reason YOU just stated.

The question is: Do you see that now?
  16. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Yes...

But, that doesn't negate her being a customer. Just that she doesn't have rights of ownership.

Daybreak owns the content that she pays for... as a customer.
    • Like x 2
  17. Sghoul Well-Known Player

Why are you guys even arguing this with them? You don't even have to be 'customer' or 'paying customer' to be on this board. And people are allowed to express their opinion in general, no permission needed. They are literally trying to gatekeep the expression of opinion, AND YOU ARE LETTING THEM.

Regardless of my status, I can go to any business and express my displeasure or pleasure. And they are free to take it or ignore it or tell me to get out. But some other rando in that business has no more say than I do about it, no matter how entitled they think they are.

Learn to use the Ignore feature.
    • Like x 4
  18. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

The same is true for Netflix. I do not own the movies I watch using Netflix but I pay a subscription for the service they offer to allow me to watch those movies. I am Netflix’s customer. I use the service Daybreak provides, as well as I subscribe $128.09 yearly, to allow me to play DCUO. I am Daybreak’s customer.
    • Like x 3
  19. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

You are all, by definition, a paying customer. The service is entertainment. You purchase something to increase your entertainment value. Same with netflix, HBO, buying a toy from the shelf, paying for online subscriptions.
    [IMG][IMG]
    • Like x 4
  20. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Microsoft

Client Access Licenses and Management Licenses

Overview

Licensing software with CALs and MLs can be complicated due to the technical nature of server products and networks. Microsoft offers a device-based CAL (Device CAL) or a user-based CAL (User CAL) for purchase. In addition, an External Connector (EC) license is offered for some products as an optional alternative to address specific customer scenarios.
    For managing devices, Microsoft offers Server MLs for managing server operating system environments (OSEs). For managing non-server devices, Microsoft offers OSE Client MLs and User Client MLs.
    This overview is for reference purposes only. Before purchasing, you should visit the "How to Buy" section for each product and consult your Microsoft representative or local reseller regarding your specific licensing needs.

Hmmm….. Seems Microsoft recognizes that those who purchase the rights to a license are considered customers. Oh, I can’t sell this CAL either, but I’m still a customer.
    • Like x 4