Interrupting Isis

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DoctorP2, Dec 8, 2022.

1. DoctorP2 Well-Known Player

There’s no doubt an easy way to do this in the alert, but it’s puzzling me. I lunge her repeatedly…no effect. Weapon attacks…nothing. Power attacks…zilch. OTOH, I’ve been in runs where someone in the group interrupts her, so I know it’s possible. What am I missing?
    • Like x 1
  2. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

It depends on difficulty of alert. It requires a certain amount of lunges total
    • Like x 1
  3. Red Wáve Well-Known Player

Lunge/Interrupt her. Just spam Hold Melee. Some Weapons are better than others. With Staff, you can just do the full Hold Melee Combo and it will be enough. Dual Wield and Shield have a fast spammable Lunge. Hand Blaster and Brawling feels slow.
    • Like x 3
  4. Talks2MuchSense Well-Known Player

Context is what's missing. Do you mean the Normal Alert or the Elite Alert?

You lunge her to interrupt her. Realistically a good team in there will have 3 people Lunging her to make sure it happens while the Tank aggros the newly spawned adds at the Portal Door. In Normal 3x Lunging procs it super fast, usually within 4 seconds. Elite is longer, just because its Elite.

There's only 1 circumstance in that Boss Fight I really hate and its down to dumb luck. If you're in Elite, start Lunging Isis, and the Thorn Traps set off over at the pedestal. If 2-3 people are Lunging it's almost a guaranteed KO. And there's not a lot you can do about it other than frantically roll away.
    • Like x 2
  5. Leonite Well-Known Player

**Lunges in Rifle and toon jumps in place while shooting with his rifle from afar**

Don't look at me, I swear I am lunging!
    • Like x 1
  6. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

The trick is, while she's casting her spell. Lean in forcefully, but politely and ask if she's happy with her Cellular plan.
    • Like x 3
  7. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I have had success with telling her "Can I just stop you for a moment? You're doing this all wrong." But now you have opened my eyes to the possibility she might want life insurance!
    • Like x 1
  8. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

Its by far the most amusing fight of this new DLC in regular. You really get to see just how oblivious the community really is. I'm typically dueling Isis by myself... doing all 5 lunges... while the healer is doing some kind of weird dance in the corner, and the other two dps are getting beat up by monstrosity on the other side of the room and trying to pick eachother up. It really is a special experience. Highly recommend blind queuing this one.
  9. VariableFire Loyal Player

To be fair, there IS a feat that requires NOT interrupting her (and letting her get all the orbs). It's not even that hard with a decent tank and healer in regular.
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

If you are the only one lunging, or throwing a heavy attack, it's pretty hard to do it on your own. Not sure the lunge/break count it takes, but if it's all 4 people, she's interrupted before the countdown dial is even half way. If you are doing it with 1 other person...it's close or a fail most times. At this point I see most groups with 1, 2 or 3 people who don't bother. I'll do the first one regardless...but if I'm the only one, I just ignore it too vs wasting my effort.
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

100% this is a PITA. If you are midway in your lunge when the briar comes up, 1 or 2 bodies are going down and things will fall apart. It's a cheap mechanic when she does that really, but I guess we get to cheese moves...so do the bosses from time to time.:rolleyes: