No Bonus week announcment?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by valiant Villian, Dec 8, 2022.

1. valiant Villian Well-Known Player

What episode or currency is highlighted this week starting today?
  2. Talks2MuchSense Well-Known Player

Might be a good idea to start following the Staff Post Tracker button up the top there more closely. It would have saved you from spending time opening a thread.
    • Like x 2
  3. valiant Villian Well-Known Player

So what episode is it. There is no announcement I can find, even using the staff post tracker.
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Stabilizers.
    • Like x 1
  5. valiant Villian Well-Known Player

Thank you. Curious though, where is this posted at?
  6. Talks2MuchSense Well-Known Player

What do you mean you can't find anything pal?

The most recent Staff Post, up the very top, Server Downtime for GU131 including the Xmas Seasonal. I'm confused about why you're talking about Episodes though? We just got one, there won't be one for another 3 months or so.
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

• Like x 1
  8. valiant Villian Well-Known Player

I was asking what episode was going to be the bonus episode. We just had Episode 40 as bonus episode with double currency. And the post you are pointing out has nothing to do with an announcement of anything being bonus this week. Another poster said stabilizers are the bonus. The staff post you keep referring to does not even mention stabilizers.
  9. Talks2MuchSense Well-Known Player

Because any time there's a Launch of both an Episode or a Seasonal, there is no Bonus Week for anything. Been like that from the very beginning pal.

The only reason there might be an exception made this one time is because the last Hotfix delayed the Bonus Schedule. Technically we were meant to have a Bonus Stabilizer week but it got delayed. Haven't seen any "official confirmation" of it myself though so I'd expect nothing so that it'll be a nice surprise if there's anything.

Long Story Short, there wasn't meant to be a Bonus for anything because of the Winter Seasonal. This one time, there might be though. When the next Seasonal comes around (Anniversary), there'll be no point looking for a Bonus.
    • Like x 1
  10. Grim931 Committed Player

• Like x 1
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Just use the link TheLorax provided. Or if you need to know how to navigate there...it's the top thread (Current and upcoming events...)...in the top SubForum (Announcments)...in the top subsection (Daily Planet News) of the forums... So kind of like snorkeling in the ocean....when in doubt....swim up.;)

While Talks2Much isn't wrong, it's a round about way of getting to the same place. In "Staff posts" you'd potentially find multiple posts (as in today...multiple in the 'update' post and in announcements) and the 'right' one will still only take you to the correct subforum....not the thread or post.
  12. valiant Villian Well-Known Player

Apparently you don't know what you are talking about and seem to just be looking for a fight. The bonus this week ( with the launch of a seasonal ) is stabilizers. Somebody answered with that already. Meanwhile you just keep trying to stick a knife in deeper and deeper. What did i ever do to you?

And mind you there is no post explaining that stabilizers are the bonus this week unless you go back to an early November post by Mepps.
  13. valiant Villian Well-Known Player

Here is post announcing last weeks highlighted episode
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/episode-spotlight-flashpoint.325879/unread
    And then this one from the week before
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/episode-spotlight-legion-of-doom.325790/
    Here is one announcing the bonus ally favor
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/bonus-ally-favor.325444/

There was nothing yesterday or today announcing stabilizer bonus.
    I'm almost even sorry i got on here and asked.
  14. GermanM Committed Player

Yeah but we have this calendar: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...nts-and-content-in-dc-universe-online.283516/
    • Like x 1
  15. valiant Villian Well-Known Player

16. Talks2MuchSense Well-Known Player

What knife?

You started a thread asking why you haven't heard about this week's bonus. I've literally just told you that normally there would be zero. When episodes launch, when Seasonals launch, there's no bonus week. Because we're already getting a content launch. The Episode or The Seasonal.

There's a 50/50 chance that this one week, out of all the previous Episode launch weeks and Seasonal launch weeks which all 100% did not have a bonus, will. Because of a technical delay on the Devs side.

Actually forget it man. Tried to answer you but all I get in return is accusations and ungratefulness. I'm done here.
    • Like x 2
  17. Grim931 Committed Player

I was assuming you were still asking after the link was posted, so that may have came out sounding worse than I had intended.

That is a thread you would want to keep an eye on either way, it's updated frequently and adjusted to match planned schedules. Dates aside, it's pinned in the same location and has been there for years.
    • Like x 1
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

It's in the top most post. and is pinned there. The info was added a week or more ago, along with the Xmas event and Anniversary. Any 'announcement' thread for the stabilizer event would be BELOW that top pinned thread, so you could have just looked there regardless of the date.

Almost always, any announced bonus will show in that thread either at the same time as the announcement or sometimes even before...it's your one stop shop.

I get your point it was not 'announced' with a separate thread, but yeah...it's on the thread where ALL bonus weeks are listed. Book mark the post and check wed each week and you don't need to be spoon fed each event with a new one.
    • Like x 1