I love DCUO so can you add a party-size option already?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by The Con, Nov 30, 2022.

1. Proxystar #Perception

Yoda was so useless in the force he couldn't even see what was happening under his own nose, let's face it, truly weak he was :)
  2. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

It was a tiny nose, and hey, it’s not easy being green, so I’m told.
  3. Proxystar #Perception

Honestly with his lack of ability in the force I'm surprised he wasn't more appropriately colored brown ;)
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

'No one cares', yet....you keep replying as though you care.
    [IMG]

Still never sure why people that would not be impacted by any optional system feel the need to poo-poo it, but yeah....they apparently do. Guess what...if they implemented such a system, drumroll....

You can just not use it.
    • Like x 3
  5. Proxystar #Perception

Im not the one moaning every opportunity to have the system changed

But keep on keeping on, maybe one day the devs will care enough, I don't care one way or the other at this point.

I mean let's face it you lot even made this new thread with a twist here cause your last one was thrashed to hell, kinda sad really.
    • Like x 1
  6. The Con Dedicated Player

Coming up with a new idea and offering to the devs as a possibility ISN'T moaning to have the system changed...

It's just an idea.

It seems that others have a tendency to freak da ++++ out at new ideas.

Made this one for no other reason than to offer a suggestion and see what others think about it.
    I paid homage in the title to that other thread because I thought it would be funny.

....Almost as funny as you thinking that anyone "thrashed" anyone else in that thread... It's an exhange of ideas...

It's a "Yeah an option would be good" thread with several people agreeing with it... and several other people disagreeing.

Granted those disagreeing with it speak with authority that they don't have... Ignore what is actually being said... create arguments that no one is arguing to argue against... claim to speak for everyone... and...

You know what? Somebody did get thrashed to hell in that thread.... and it ain't who you think it was. :cool:
    • Like x 1
  7. Proxystar #Perception

I didn't mean a "person got thrashed to hell" I meant the thread itself got thrashed to hell, it's why it's basically dead except for the the exchange of memes now.

You're welcome to make another thread, but let's not pretend this isn't just another idea that spawned out of that one that hasn't already been requested a thousand times only to not be given in 12+ years of this games existence, ever stopped to ask why?

I mean you can ask, but you think the answer is going to be different now? You can live in hope I guess you never know.

As for whether or not it actually happens, I legit don't even care. I have no issue making groups or getting in content currently, I'd have no issue after if it were to come true.

With that in mind, feel free to continue with your regular programming :D
    • Like x 1
  8. the solowing Steadfast Player

The states, the senate has been stonewalling progress for years;)
  9. the solowing Steadfast Player

What makes me giggle is walkins existed for years. But im sure most of the population outside the older DCUO players dont even know they exist. Being pushed up the tiers so quickly, theyd leave the tiers where the walk-in stopped happening pretty quick.
    • Like x 1
  10. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I wondered how long it would take before civility broke down on this thread.
    • Like x 2
  11. The Con Dedicated Player

Then, I apologize.
    My bad.

TBF, tho... a lot of those memes are still pretty funnty, tho.

And it is one of the largest/longest threads in the board... I mean, that does say something for it.
    • Like x 1
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Well it's a separate topic really, so should be a separate thread. Dem's the rules...I don't make 'em.

And I wasn't even commenting on it as I've said my bit on it so many times....however, as 'walk ins' was becoming the topic, I did want to throw my 2 cents in...as walk ins will be what gets the whole thing killed. The devs don't like walk ins.
    • Like x 1
  13. The Con Dedicated Player

What's not to like??

14. GermanM Committed Player

Yes, please.
    • Like x 1
  15. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

They've told us in the past that there's complications associated with old code that make them more of an issue than they're worth.
  16. The Con Dedicated Player

Yeah... I already mentioned the wonky nature of walk-ins in this thread (that's why this is about queue size as opposed to "GIVE US MORE WALK-INS!!"

I just wanted to make a Christopher Walken joke. :oops:
  17. the solowing Steadfast Player

Why does your solution always boil come down to

"Allow me to do group orientated content without a group please?"
    • Like x 1
  18. The Con Dedicated Player

Why do you always miss the point by making up your own version of what is being said?...

Me, in the OP:
    At what point do you consider a "fewer number" and "6 players" not a group??

:rolleyes:

Edit: I also cite the desire to "get more players" in the group....
    • Like x 1
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Why is it that if someone wanted to run with 7 vs 8 because the 8th is the actual hard one to find sometimes, you translate that in your head to 'LET ME SOLO THINGS'....because last I checked, 2-7 people is still a 'group'.

BTW. Running 1 or 2 short happens every day with people asking for fillers to queue them into something in LFG. So you lobbying against here it is kind of pointless, unless you are in LFG shouting people down for asking for 'need 1 to queue then you can leave'. And I don't know that you are doing that, but I don't spend a lot of time on villains, so maybe you are. All an official in-game system would do is make it so people don't need to shout for the fillers.
    • Like x 3
  20. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

Our lord, "the clamp" wholeheartedly endorses allowing players to queue into instances with less than a full group, but only if nobody else is currently queued for the instance in question. And it must remain open for all who would care to enter. It will save a slot for each support role as well in raids.

Most importantly... you must remain clamped for all eternity.
    • Like x 1