I love DCUO so can you add a party-size option already?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by The Con, Nov 30, 2022.

1. The Con Dedicated Player

Irony... Thy name is LowFlyingMoon.

You also JUST SAID that you don't mind waiting for it....

YOU DON'T SPEAK FOR EVERYONE... Funny how many times this has to be pointed out to you.

To bring in new customers.... but, THEY STILL NEED THE REVENUE FROM EXISTING CUSTOMERS.

This is just nonsense.
    CURRENT players can quit, too.

Once again, it's about everybody's money... Not just new players.

Everybody has a breaking point.

Really?... You think that people haven't done Kahndaq because YOU could do it solo (BS, by the way.... How did you turn all 4 cogs at the same time??o_O)

You and your friends don't queue... sooooo others couldn't possibly be doing Kahndaq?

You do know the world still goes while you're sleeping.... right?

THANK YOU FOR PROVING MY POINT.

Ironically.... well "sadly"... You won't see it that way.

DENIAL is an ugly bed partner.

If those walk-ins were impeding others progress... We would know about it...
    There'd be threads on this forum "For the love of DCUO could you please remove the walk-ins?"
    They probably would have been removed if that were the case.

The point is: They exist. You openly admit that you use them... Others use them....
    The game still goes on unaffected.
    • Like x 2
  2. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

I don't know what your point is.

Never said I spoke for everyone. I don't know where you got that idea. You're the one speaking for "most players" all the time...

Who are already hooked and suffer from sunken cost. Especially ones like you, emotionally invested - can't quit. Or will return if they do.

Nope. It's just economy.

Sure. Even junkies. It's just that theirs is much much higher. Or lower, however you see it.

I think many people don't queue lower tier raids, because it's faster to do a walk-in with a small group. But your way of putting it is good too... :rolleyes:

Lemme introduce you to a concept: friends. Anyone will jump in to turn a cog, even if they don't have time for the whole raid.

Don't know. But I've already said I've queued Kahnadaq for months (pay attention) and I run omnibus raid all the time and I've not entered the instance, or seen an LFG for lower tier raids in the 5 months I've been playing on EUPS/PC. Maybe I'm just unlucky.

I don't sleep much. :p

No. The game goes on. Whether it's affected or not, or to what degree is debatable, however nobody really cares. But guess what - the devs stopped putting in walk-ins 10 years ago. So I guess they had the same view I'm expressing and you so maturely and eloquently dismissing...
  3. The Con Dedicated Player

That's not surprising.

Because I read your words.

You want the game to be based solely on "People will use it how they see fit and I - for one - would use it to avoid people, especially those, that can't play very well. And my experience in DCUO tells me - I wouldn't be the only one"

Only when I say that I want options that will make everybody happy... because I know I don't speak for everyone.. and everyone has different preferences of play.

Dear effing God.... THAT is my point.... Now just apply that to a party-size option for queues that aren't popping...

THEN YOU ARE NOT DOING IT "SOLO"
    And if you are entering it solo and then calling out for other to join in and help you... That's the point that I was making earlier in this thread.
    More content being played + more invites = more players getting experience in older content

And... was this before the clamp?... Are you currently doing Kahndaq solo?? o_O

They stopped walk-ins because they were a drain on the servers and were exploitable. Not sure that applies to the queue system that is already being used.
    • Like x 1
  4. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

It's not, if you can't/won't express yourself coherently.

Again - you misunderstand or misrepresent my words on purpose. I don't want the game to be "solely based" on anything. But if you don't believe players will use any options available to exclude other players if it benefits them - you're either very naive or trying to be.

You don't know what would "make everybody happy", you only think you do. And what you're asking for has the potential to backfire badly in more ways than one, which is being pointed out to you.

What IS your point? That many people can enter low tier raids undermanned and skip queues, meaning that people who can't do that have fewer people to queue with and therefore fewer and fewer of them even bother queuing? And you want that for the whole game? Lol. I don't think you thought this through.

Lol... Who cares? Solo, or with 3 people - you can skip the queues. And some other walkins you don't need any help. The point was - I didn't have to form an 8-man group. Leave it to you to latch onto irrelevant details, in the absence of arguments.

Not really. I'm not inviting new players, who might actually need it. As I said before - this kind of option is great for "established" players, but it limits opportunities for others.

Currently, of course. It's funny how nerfed it is. I don't know if it's because of the clamp, or a bug, but the rocks can't be destroyed by the adds, even if you just leave them to it. Of course - it's not exactly a speed-run, but I like to waste time for my own amusement.

That's one explanation. I don't know what is the official one, but I heard others. And it's perfectly possible to have more than one reason for a decision. I don't see how walk-ins are more of a drain on the server, than any other instance, but whatever. And I'm not sure what exploits you mean, other than what happened with PW, when it dropped. PW walk-in is gone, so why not remove the rest if they're exploitable, or buggy?

Either way - more reasons not have any more of those, even though I'd totally use them.
    • Like x 1
  5. Emoney Dedicated Player

Except that all walkins in the past, took up extra memory and many of them led to glitches. But if you're new, you wouldn't know that.
    • Like x 2
  6. The Con Dedicated Player

Or.....
    [IMG]

Oh? So you're up for the option, now? Cool.
    So you'll shut +++ ++++ ++ now?

It's a possibility.
    But... It's not really excluding other players that aren't queuing for the instance.

Also... You don't get to complain about that, Mr. I-Solo-Kahndaq...

Yeah... By people who don't know what those potentials really are... It's just speculation from those who think the world is flat.

You mean the people who aren't queuing them anyways?

You don't think. Period.

Well..
    1) You were lying.
    2) THAT IS THE POINT... Some people don't have to wait to form an 8-man group THAT WILL NEVER BE FORMED.

Once again... IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT YOU.

The point was that OTHERS will be playing more instances that maybe THEY will have to invite others to finish.
    More instances being played + more invites = more people playing older content.

Oh dear God.... :rolleyes:
  7. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I believe based on my experience with the Dev Invasions in the past, PC/PS4/PS5 can handle a 16 player raid. I don't know about XBOX or the Nintendo. Just look at the Open World bosses we get. There are more that 16 players there, and in my experience thus far on my PS4 (original 2014 model), it has not crashed during Open World boss fights or the old Dev Invasion. The old Dev Invasion did become "cluncky" for lack of a technical term when there were a HUGE number of players there trying to participate to receive the special loot drops, but that was in excess of 16 players.

There is precedence for this style of game play in DCUO.
  8. The Con Dedicated Player

I think about fighting Dr. Light in open world... There were 2 or 3 full groups fighting him at any given time... and that was years ago.
    • Like x 1
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, for me, walkins would be the last resort option. A) a walk in is not an instance, so you could not invite directly in or 'open' to find more members. B) SOME walk-ins had issues (much less did than did not, otherwise they'd have closed them all) C) That's a lot of clutter with portals to every instance (both reg and elite) having to have a walkin somewhere.

Now I suppose you could fix the last one by condensing them all either to a single portal or maybe 1 for each type...solo, duo, alert and raid. But A and B would still be issues tied to a walk-in option and likely would be harder to program.

Again, a limited queue or 'instant entry' queue...is pretty much already in the game but hidden in the code...we just don't have an option to turn off the matchmaking number or infinite timer. Make the interface so you can either set a number (3 vs 4 for alerts or 5,6 or 7 vs 8 for raids) instead of using a stock one...or set a 'matchmaking off' check when you queue (which would also negate the role check....queuer beware)....and just bypass the queue entirely.

This is the easiest option....change my mind.
    [IMG]
    imagine text on that board " 'Skip matchmaking' checkbox is the most direct fix...." I don't have any editing chops....
    • Like x 1
  10. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

That is one open world boss I miss being able to go back and just pound into the ground. I really miss doing that after all the grief Dr. Fate originally gave me and like you said there were a great number of players back then fighting to take him done. And then I was strong enough to just go back and pound his butt into the ground alone. It was almost therapeutic. I miss that.
  11. The Con Dedicated Player

Same.
    • Like x 1
  12. Proxystar #Perception

Here's a novel idea though guys, it's going to be shocking, but hear me out are you ready for it??

Ok drumroll please.

Just form a full group and queue the content and get over it.
    Lol
    • Like x 1
  13. The Con Dedicated Player

True... but, surprisingly not always easy... or time effective... as it sounds... .

Edit: or even possible.
  14. Proxystar #Perception

Nothing is impossible, just do it.

15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yes, but this has always been the big issue for many NOT in a full size league. It's the same reason some people couldn't get into content even when we could 'faceroll' it, but now magnified because you lose some options on who you bring along...which is obviously by design, but if you couldn't get a group of up to 7 'queue fillers' to get you in pre clamp then take off, what makes you think it's any easier today when you actually need at least a few competent bodies?....not 8 of them mind you...but a few for sure. Again, that's not me...I always have fillers....but not everyone is me.:p

And again, omni is not really a viable option if you are talking about doing anything particular like a feat that doesn't just require finishing things or fast burn. Granted...you COULD get lucky, with 7 amenable random people, but in most groups...you will not.
    • Like x 1
  16. The Con Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  17. Proxystar #Perception

Yoda ultimately died having achieved nothing, follow his advice you should not.
  18. Proxystar #Perception

No one cares. Just join a league, make some friends, or in your case 7 imaginary ones will work, life will continue and it'll all be fine.

19. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Yoda achieved having the Senate thrown at him, not many people can say they had the Senate thrown at them.
  20. The Con Dedicated Player

And... He saved so much on funeral costs.
    • Like x 1