Cyborg Monday Sale!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Nov 28, 2022.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

[IMG]

CYBORG MONDAY SALE!

Get ready to level up your Superhero social skills! Everything below is 50% off in the Marketplace:
    • Allies
    • Ally Favor Packs
    This Cyborg Monday only – November 28, 2022 – the Cyborg Monday Sale is here for all your relationship needs!

The US sale begins at 6:01AM PT on Monday, November 28, 2022, and ends at 11:59PM PT on Monday, November 28, 2022.
    The EU sale begins at 4:01AM GMT on Monday, November 28, 2022, and ends at 11:59PM GMT on Monday, November 28, 2022.

Remember, Cyborg Monday deals are on top of all the great Black Friday deals already underway (below).

[IMG]
    BLACK FRIDAY!

Here come the holidays and their happy sales! Don't miss these deep discounts. Everything below is 50% OFF in the Marketplace:
    • Artifact XP Packs
    • Respec Tokens
    • Source Marks
    • CR 310 Character Advance
    This weekend – from Thursday, November 24, 2022, through Monday, November 28, 2022 – the Black Friday Sale is on!

The US sale begins at 6:01AM PT on Thursday, November 24, 2022, and ends at 11:59PM PT on Monday, November 28, 2022.
    The EU sale begins at 4:01AM GMT on Thursday, November 24, 2022, and ends at 11:59PM GMT on Monday, November 28, 2022.
    • Like x 5
  2. Eve YouTuber

I needed name tokens (bought them anyway, they are never on sale) and replays which I also bought. Couldn't really take advantage of anything but I hope people got what they needed.
    • Like x 1
  3. Ozman Well-Known Player

No replays = no sale.
  4. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

"the Cyborg Monday Sale is here for all your relationship needs!"

Cyborg becoming a therapist now? Is he gonna help us through difficult times in our marriages and help us break away from toxic family members? :p

In all seriousness, though, I need to get to getting my stuff before it's over! I have some characters I need to change the bodies for.
    • Like x 2
  5. Eve YouTuber

Cyborg from Teen Titans was super understanding especially after he made peace with his robot side, and helped Raven, Starfire and other titans in difficult times during the show. So I wouldn't say no, he seems to be good at it :p
    • Like x 1
  6. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Yeah, I remember in that episode that showed the Titans first meeting and becoming a team, Raven was like "I don't fit in or belong anywhere" and he was just like "I'm a cyborg, she's an alien, and he's green and turns into animals.... I think you're good" LMFAO. Also when he realized that one guy was being racist to Starfire and calling her a slur, he was just like "'aight, time to tell this jerk to frag off!"

Actually, that entire show is full of the whole crew being really good, supportive friends to each other. Like when Cyborg's car gets destroyed and Raven just kinda sits down and talks to him and tells him how she gets feeling like something is an extension of yourself because of her telekinesis and that she managed to save a piece of his car so he can rebuild it. Or when Raven said her birth was nothing to celebrate and they all told her that even if her birth happened in an unfortunate way and all, they're glad she was born and is there and that SHE is something to celebrate. Or when Robin gets back and sees them all trying on his spare suits and they're all worried he's gonna go off on them but he just sits down and grabs some pizza and says the mask makes him feel cool, too lmfao.
    • Like x 2
  7. DezFTW Active Player

There's no sale on my end for Allies.
  8. sweetbabysabes Active Player

Definitely getting more and more worried about this game. Do you even listen to the players or just throw whatever you feel like is a great deal out there? It's like trick r treating hoping for candy and everyone throws juice boxes and chips in your bag. Very sad sale. Used to be one of these had some stuff, Monday followed with armories, replays, and other great deals. Really hope you start reading stuff based on your players and I really hope everyone stops being polite about what you think are good deals and not listening to the player base that still supports this game.
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I mean.. it’s basically just an extension of the Black Friday sale with the addition of allies. Think more wouldve spent if the sale was different then the Black Friday sale that was just days before me.
  10. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Like I said in the Black Friday thread, if there is no replay badge sale, then no need to spend for me. I hope others find value in this sale.
  11. GabeKnowBest Level 30

I honestly feel like it's a good sale with good timing for those with patience as this sale came out before artifact X2. I do get some people upset I was actually more hoping for a catalyst sale.
    • Like x 1
  12. Skoll Well-Known Player

Oh well… looks like the 20k marketplace cash that I would have spent on replays is now going onto steam. Would have loved to have bought replays and spent more time playing DC, but looks like all that time played and money spent will be on other games.
  13. Talks2MuchSense Well-Known Player

People being upset about a sale makes as much sense as someone starving turning down free food just because it isn't their favorite meal.

95% of the game is available without membership these days. Start asking yourself why you tricked yourself into believing one of the games main money makers would be part of a sale in the first place. When you get to "yeah actually it wouldn't make sense" then you're on the right track.
    • Like x 1
  14. Skoll Well-Known Player

2019 and 2020 included replay badge sale. 2021 didn’t. People were expecting it to return is all.
  15. Talks2MuchSense Well-Known Player

Which makes absolute perfect sense.

The Membership Changes and overall Game Changes launched either with or around the time of Ep41, which was mid 2021.

So the 2 years where Membership wasn't changed, replays were part of the Sale. Last year, the aforementioned Membership Change year, didn't. And this year, with the continuation of the aforementioned Membership Changes, also doesn't. The lights gotta stay on somehow so to me this all makes sense. It's not greed or anyone being robbed of a deal, it's how a business remains open. I'm just confused why anyone would be expecting them to be part of it in the first place? Keeping in mind of course that it's very likely most who complain about it likely aren't subbed right now either.
  16. The Fairy Well-Known Player

Wow, absolutely nothing interesting on sale. What a disappointment.
  17. myandria Item Storage

Easy answer; because replay badges have been on sale in the past.

In my opinion, the replay badges are not on sale because the booster bundle is still available and it offers 150 replay badges when you purchase one; the booster bundle makes more money than the replay badges in a shorter period of time. That being said, no one "tricked" themselves into thinking that replay badges were going to be on sale. Expectations were a bit high, yes, but it was not a "trick". What is different this year is the timing of the Booster Bundle; it's a bit late in the year to offer it, in my opinion.

Sales do not benefit everyone, just like free food doesn't benefit everyone. It is a "choice" to purchase items that are on sale, just as it is a "choice" for a person to turn down free food. If someone doesn't like either scenario, someone else will.

So, the way I see it; this sale is a bit disappointing but it's not the end of the gaming world and it's not going to cause a tidal wave of players leaving the game.
  18. Skoll Well-Known Player

We got replay badge sales in the Spring Event 2021 & 2022, despite the membership change, so I don’t think the membership change is as relevant as you think. In my opinion, one of the biggest reasons people are annoyed is that the game is still stale even with a new episode. People were saying before this episode launched that “It’s summer, people will come back in winter!” & “we’re in a content lull right now, when new episode drops, the playerbase will be booming!” Etc, and that’s just not the case.

People want to run the new content and replay badges are what keep people playing. Not even necessarily people buying them themselves, some people buy replays in huge bulk and sell resets. No sale = less replays in the game in general and less time played.

In 2020 involving replay badge sales, there was the Spring Sale, Summer Sale, Black Friday sale and Winter Sale. 4 times of the year. Makes sense, almost in every Yearly Quarter, and it made a difference. In 2021, there was the Spring Sale, Summer Sale and Winter sale. And so far in 2022, we have had, Spring Sale. I’m assuming we might get replays in the Winter sale, but are you noticing a pattern? I’m not saying replays should always be on sale etc, but if you’re going to reduce the amount of times per year replays will be on sale, while still keeping the newest content on the same weekly loot lock, it’s reminding me of “shrinkflation”…

“Companys gotta make a buck somehow!” Yeah, I can’t really agree with that when they churn out allies, time capsules, booster bundles and resurgence mega capsules more than anything else in the game lately.
  19. The Fairy Well-Known Player

You are playing as a casual if you say that this game is free. So you can't speak for everyone's experience.
  20. The Fairy Well-Known Player

Don't make it sound like they need to sale full price so they can run this game.
    First of all, you can't talk in their defense since you don't own a business like theirs and you're not their account so you don't know their real income. If you don't remember, they canceled a marvel game and the founding money was supposed to be distributed among the other games they own.