Fire Tank and Lasso Art

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Empress_Orana, Nov 23, 2022.

1. Empress_Orana Well-Known Player

Hey all, I was just curious on what your thoughts are on using the lasso to grab multiple adds….

I have Everyman, manacles, and the 7 arts for tanking. (Whatever the three meta arts are)

Should I level lasso up for the hallway adds or how important do you think it is for me to have the lasso leveled up for boss fights? Which art should I replace if I do?
    • Like x 1
  2. Emoney Dedicated Player

What's wrong with engulf? Not only does it pull groups of adds, but it also sets burning which a fire tank needs for defense and healing.

I use Manacles, Everyman and Mystic
    • Like x 3
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You need Manacles and Mystic Symbol. You do not need Lasso but if you want to use it you can swap it with Everyman.
    • Like x 1
  4. Empress_Orana Well-Known Player

It’s fine, but the proximity of the pull is limited. I was curious about lasso, and having a long distance multi-pull like earthen grip.
  5. Cyfaill Well-Known Player

In my case i wouldn't use lasso artifact, after all as fire you have two group pulls (engulf and backdraft are the names?) but not a single pull (there is the fireball but that's not a pull i a strong taunt) so your single pull is the lasso skill.

All that said...it's up to you, i mean if it works for you then use it.
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The Lasso artifact removes the pull from the power. You still have to have a pull power in your loadout. Engulf is a multitarget pull on par with Earthen Grip.
    • Like x 1
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I fire tank and enjoy using lasso arti for the adds, especially in something like GP where there are a lot of them. It's not needed (as others have said), but it works well at 160, so you can get it up to 'effective' use pretty quickly(I personally would not use it <160), and I have a good time with it. I swap with everyman for bosses, or in a run like TSW, will alternate it for the add waves during the boss fights.

Now, this comes with the caveat that if you are using Lasso power for your ST taunt/pull (which I personally do), the lasso arti will render it pretty well ineffective on bosses, so some swap in will be needed...which it sounds like you have plenty, so should be set.
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Lasso arti still pulls adds...just won't do anything to bosses.
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

If by pull you mean tether and drag slowly then yeah sure totally.
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

If I'm headed down the hall, or turning to throw a smack at the boss to keep its attention, and those adds are forced into coming with me or to me...yeah...tether and drag slowly=pull.
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Or you can just pull them... with your powers...
  12. Tolly Committed Player

With my fire tank, Felix Faust is hell, I don't know if this artifact is compatible for bosses, but for a boss like this, it must help.
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Well....lasso is a power. Unless Iconics don't count, in which case you should talk to 99% of the EOG users who also don't use 'their powers' to DPS or heal.
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

True but I'm not going to invest resources into making that one power a half-***** variant of something that's already in my arsenal.
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Meh...what else am I supposed to do with the Nth? Gotta put it somewhere.
  16. Dogico Loyal Player

Imo I don't like the lasso art; it can pull multiple enemies but it only taunts one, so if the tank doesn't establish aggro then adds will still jump around and attack the group. All fire tanks should be running Backdraft and if you run Engulf as well you should have no problem keeping adds bunched up. For Fire tanks I think the best art synergy is Mystic Everyman Circe's, then Future Lex as the most useful passive ally and either Flashpoint Batman, Superman, or Calculator for second passive.
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Circe's for fire? Nah....Fire's bread and butter is repairing damage...not preventing it. Ice...sure.

Allies? Could be. I don't really do much with allies. Maybe if they have a 2x applied week some time I'll look into it.

And you know you can still have backdraft, even if you used lasso, right? Not saying it's better or worse than Engulf, but once they are all around you, backdraft...no doubt.
    • Like x 1
  18. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

19. Dogico Loyal Player

Circe's Mask doesn't prevent damage, at 200 it gives a 30% increase to all incoming heals when a shield breaks, meaning both self heals and those from the healer. It's great synergy with Fire when running 1-2 shields (if you run 3 or more shields might as well be a different tank power).

Allies aren't necessary sure but the ones I mentioned are great with Fire's tank mechanics.

I never said you couldn't run Backdraft with Lasso, I'm saying I don't find Lasso useful with Fire since Backdraft and Engulf already bunch up adds well enough. Although I think Lasso is the worst tank art if I was to recommend it to any tank it would be Ice or Earth to compensate for their lacking point blank aoe pulls.

Ultimately if you enjoy Lasso cool, I just don't think it is better than any of the other tank arts.
    • Like x 2
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Hmmm. I guess I didn't read Circe's mask right, I'll have to take a 2nd look. Prob still going to stick with the big 3 though, Mystic, manticles and Everyman. I swap in lasso for hallways mainly, so it's not one of my main ones for bosses...but yeah, I do find it fun, and it mixes it up a bit.

I was looking at Lex, but as I have not opened 25 capsules yet...and won't probably for a year till the NEXT mega round, that will be a while. Maybe I'll hit 999,999 favor by then.