Rest in Peace, Batman

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eve, Nov 11, 2022.

1. Bruce’s Slippers Active Player

Guess that’s the last time we will see Bats in a DLC
  2. Lucifoxx Active Player

As someone who grew up with The Arkham games. I'm deeply saddened by this news. He did a good job voicing Batman in Arkham and DCUO...

As an act of respect and a tribute to such a great man. I put on a bat family cosplay and stood next to the Bat Signal for around 5 minutes. He really was one of the good guys.
    • Like x 7
  3. Miss Adora Loyal Player

R.I.P. Kevin Conroy. This one hurts a lot. I hope DCUO doesn't replace the voice when they get another voice actor as Batman.
    • Like x 7
  4. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

What a horrible thing to wake up to today. Between him, Chadwick, Grant Imahara, etc.... I swear it's always the best ones these things happen to. He was barely older than my own parents. The animated shows like BTAS and Justice League as well as games like the Arkham games were a large part of my first foray into the DC side of things and I've made it quite clear just how Bat-obsessed I've become since. His voice is so absolutely perfect for the character, as are his inflections and mannerisms.

Several years ago I got to meet him at my local con and get pictures with him. I got there juuuust before the lunch break but he still really took time for me and was so nice and friendly and clearly appreciated us fans right back. I don't tend to get all starstruck, but with him.... dude...... I literally started tearing up afterwards at just the fact I'd just met THE Batman voice and at how kind and sweet he was.

[IMG]
    • Like x 11
  5. Drake Malice Dedicated Player

Anyone think we might get an in-game memorial? Maybe like the ones Gotham Knights made for George Perez & Neal Adams? I’m thinking next to the Bat-Signal on top of the GCPD station
    • Like x 8
  6. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Well crap. :( RIP sir.
    • Like x 5
  7. Random Mind Dedicated Player

I would love to hear some Dev stories about Kevin Conroy and get to know more about the man behind the cowl.

[IMG]
    • Like x 12
  8. Eve YouTuber

That would be really nice. However I'm not sure they will do that, but I would love to see it happening. Still can't believe this is real, but I'll get over it..
    • Like x 2
  9. Boss Dark Side Well-Known Player

:(
    • Like x 4
  10. Bruce’s Slippers Active Player

…. What?
    • Like x 2
  11. myandria Item Storage

The Bat Signal on the East Gotham GCPD is still there, right? I assume players will want to gather there for their own tributes.
    • Like x 5
  12. Eve YouTuber

Yeah, it also gives a feat when you visit it. I always love going there on new characters
    • Like x 3
  13. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

In the words of Rocket Raccoon, "Frick cancer, only I didn't say Frick"
    • Like x 4
  14. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 10
  15. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

WOW! That's like... an entire phase. I'll have to get some pics of my Bat-related characters like my Batgirl, Nightwing, Damian, etc.
    • Like x 4
  16. Batman Beyond Well-Known Player

I’m thankful I got the opportunity to meet and hangout with this legend for awhile at conventions a couple years back.

First, I want to start by saying out of the 20+ years of attending conventions each year and out of all the guests I’ve met over them I hardly ever meet anyone as friendly, genuine, and as wholesome of a person as Kevin Conroy. I’ve heard my whole life that you shouldn’t meet your heroes, that sometimes you end up with a poor experience that ruins your perspective of them. I’d heard this about other actors and voice actors I’d met but never had I heard this about Kevin Conroy. Batman was the exception, he was a hero worth meeting.

Even over the years when meeting Loren Lester -Dick Grayson, Will Friedle -Terry McGinnis, and Phil Lamarr -Green Lantern John Stewart and Static Shock, they all brought up Kevin on their own and had nothing but wonderful things to say about him. It was kind of funny actually, how when hearing each of them talk about Conroy you could tell that in ways they were as star struck to be around him even when working with him as us fans get when meeting him lol.

He loved going above and beyond for fans too, and would mention how the thing he enjoyed most was seeing how his work was appreciated by several generations of fans who would come up to him and tell him how they grew up watching him voice Batman with their dad and now they were dads seeing their kids growing up loving his works too. I personally enjoyed getting to meet him and the others, he is the reason I got into playing DC Universe Online to begin with. I’m thankful I was able to get quite a few things signed by him and a few conversations. He will be missed.

[IMG]
    • Like x 6
  17. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

:(

• Like x 4
  18. Eve YouTuber

This is beautiful, thank you for sharing
    • Like x 2
  19. myandria Item Storage

WOW! I can see my character.. she's standing alone on the short brown building in red and black.
    • Like x 5
  20. Random Mind Dedicated Player

Been listening to this on loop..

• Like x 4