RANT: 702 Scarabs....worst feat ever now?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Reinheld, Oct 31, 2022.

1. Miss Adora Loyal Player

I found killing the bounty 100 times is way worse than the bugs. But I don't see how either one is considering a skill. I don't want to spend my days off doing these tedious useless count things myself. Makes it feel like I'm working another job, it sucks the life out of me and kills whatever joy is left in the game.
    • Like x 3
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Now that I agree on. I also won't have the bounty done for quite a while. I generally try and get 1 in a day while I do the demons an mummies. But at least 1 time a week, the bounty is a task we will be doing. I actually find the ratio of injustice to the flames to be the odd part on that one. We have to kill injustice 100x, but flames 100x as well....and you generally get 4 or 5 flames per boss. It's like some of these have no rhyme or reason when they pull a number for a feat. A logical number for flames could have been 250 or 300 and everyone would hit it before the 100 bosses.

And again, if the scarabs counted towards a daily mission, I'd have no issue with it and would just get it eventually just doing my 3 daily missions. In a group OR doing it solo, as it stand I'm going to be going out of my way most times to look for more to squash. I'd say if I didn't look around, I'd get about 5 a day, underfoot as I do those things.
  3. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

This is our busiest time of the year, which means going in early and working late. I know the 10+ hour days. When I do get home, I only have about 1 hour to play anything before bed so I can get up early and start another thankless work day.
    • Like x 1
  4. Kestral Committed Player

My friends and I are having the most fun since kicking imps with this feat and everyone agrees that when we finish the feat...we are still going to squish the bugs.

Sorry you arn't having fun.
    • Like x 1
  5. Leonite Well-Known Player

This ^. We're not supposed to finish the feat in a day or a week. I do it leisurely and, surprise!, I've almost 100 squished already.
    • Like x 1
  6. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Took less than an hour with 6 folks on a dead faction on a dying server. I still believe next wave of feats should raise it to 5000 :)
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

The deadness may have helped you. You weren't competing with anyone else to get them. Probably PvP would work well too.
    • Like x 1
  8. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

I just go in and do the daily/weekly open world missions. If I see a bug, I squish it. Currently about half done on the feats - no problem.
    • Like x 2
  9. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Thought about that too actually, since PvP phase never has anyone in it. But luckily, like you said, random phase (there was only 4 to choose from, such a bumping Episode!) didn't have anyone there doing the feat as well.
  10. Emoney Dedicated Player

This seems to be another example of the small minority of forum posters not lining up with the average players in game.

I havent had a single leaguemate complain about these feats....in fact it was an overwhelming love for squishing these bugs. Every raid or alert group I got in for the first few days all loved the bugs talking about the new DLC. I personally would love some bugs as base totems to squish.

For the first four days of this DLC, all I did was farm collections and squish bugs. I made 500+ million, and finished the feats. And, I actually wish there were another few feats so I could squish more during my dailies now.

Seems like I'm only a minority on here though.
    • Like x 2
  11. Omega91 Well-Known Player

It took me a few hours.
    The secret is to find yourself a route, execute the route then switch phase and repeat, switching phases is key.
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

You are not necessarily, but what someone might find 'fun' like wandering around a map, looking for collections, exos or scarabs to squish, others might not. I'd guarantee I would have maybe squished 10 so far if it were not for a feat....but I also didn't wander around for collections other than the first day, to see what was 'rare' and what was junk. News flash...it's all pretty much junk.

This might be why I'm seeing it differently than someone else. I like feats that tie to what I'm doing for dailies. Even the stupid 12x the 5th day mission in Dark Knights was going to finish if you did 60 days of the dailies. I have no reason to squish bugs other than the feat, so I wouldn't do it other than the feat being there. If you like squishing bugs...well, maybe you'd do it regardless. Heck, you might keep doing it after you get the 702 done. Squish away!

Even the 5000 reapers were part of a mission down in CC when it launched. Now...it's doubtful you'd rack up enough daily to get to 5000 naturally, but if you grouped up when down there for a few min with other doing their daily or hunting the bounties, you'd knock some count out while doing things you HAD to do for your normal work every day.
  13. Emoney Dedicated Player

Naw they weren't junk though. Two collections from each set went for 50 mil a piece first day, so 6 collections out of the 36ish. They hovered around 20 mil for the next three days, by the fourth only two were over 15mil. Like I said I made over 500 mil, closer to 600. Thsts not nothing, and I got all the bug feats in the process, to me that was a win win.
    • Like x 1
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'm glad it worked out for you. I'm kind of out of the 'farming OW for bucks' thing at this point. Honestly, on the first night I was more concerned with plowing through the 8 and 10 mark things before the reset, than I was working on the collections, and I made plenty off the OP food and catalysts that dropped....when they dropped, and got paid marks to boot. Not sure if it was 500m....but it was a few 100 at least. Maybe if it wasn't a Wed launch...sure, but I only had a few hours to get through 32+ raids...that was job 1.
    [IMG]
  15. Pr0tojay Committed Player

With a full group of 8 from my league, I knocked this entire feat out in about 4 hours, while simultaneously getting 100 kills in the bounty. I actually finished the bug feat about half hour before finishing the 100 kills. Don't see how a feat that can be done in 4 hours can possibly be considered as the worst feat. There are way worse feats in this game.
  16. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

I saw players on LFG to tackle that feat. Yeah no thanks, I still haven't even completed the CC reapers. Ain't nobody got time for that...
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

That was my original complaint. While the reapers are more annoying, the ability to effectively group up and bang it out makes it 'easier'. While some here have claimed that they knocked the 702 out in an hour, I'd be hard pressed to believe that due to the poor respawn rate and low credit range.

But again...I willing concede the fact....it's not the 'worst'.
    • Like x 1