Regarding "Superbosses"

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Azraelasitgets, Nov 9, 2022.

1. Azraelasitgets New Player

There are enemies that wander around certain areas that are far more powerful than the enemies one normally encounters during missions. These bosses are meant as raid bosses, I think, but should not target players either playing solo or who do not match or exceed the boss' CR rate (denoted as a number near their name). I've been wiped out by these bosses on several occasions, due to them interfering with a mission that wasn't even supposed to involve them.

Is it possible to have these bosses just ignore underpowered players (or anyone who is playing solo)? To counterbalance this, anyone who is underpowered, or who is strong enough but playing solo, would not be able to do any damage to these bosses, and the bosses would just pretend those players aren't there.
    • Like x 1
  2. Bruce’s Slippers Active Player

Tell me you’re new without saying you are.
    • Like x 2
  3. Leonite Well-Known Player

Haha! This happened to a lot of us. Put them down in a list and when you're higher CR, you can come back to them and kill them solo to get your revenge LOL
    • Like x 3
  4. Plowed In Loyal Player

Who roughed you up? Bizarro, Enchanted Statue, Kid Flash?
    • Like x 1
  5. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

That makes me a sad panda.
  6. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

It's pretty hard to die any other way. Might as well just ask for unlimited health at this rate.
  7. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

All of them, at one point or another. I went back later, and made them suffer for their audacity. :D
    • Like x 3
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I gotta admit...first time I ran into the Avatar of Sin bounty in OW Metro....and subsequently got my face smashed in...I was a bit miffed that I was trying to just pick off some greed demons or whatever and it was very easy to accidentally get his attention. I mean I got over it, but I think he caught me like 3 times as I worked on that mission (didn't really have a good grasp on NOT throwing area damage when a big boss was around at that point) and I was like "HOW CAN THEY LET THIS HAPPEN?!" I think it might have been my first 3 or 4 days in the game.

It's ok though....a short time later I came back and returned the favor in spades.
    • Like x 5
  9. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Once I was doing the mentor mission line where Eclipso is making Specter go nuts and I accidentally hit the Judge and ran for my life to try to get far enough for rubberbanding to save me before I got smited and as I did so, some high CR player literally swooped in and killed the Judge within seconds and because I'd engaged it and was still technically in combat with it, the game counted that as me beating it and I got the feat for it.

Most of these guys are annoying because of how easy it is to accidentally hit them and have to get away before they kill you, but the one that I truly haaaate is Clayface in that "rescue Riddler from Joker" mission line because of his disguise. It makes him so infuriatingly easy to not notice until suddenly there's a giant made of clay about to wreck you. It's nigh impossible to carefully keep your distance from him to avoid accidentally setting him off when you're not prepared for it and just wanna get the mission done unless you're just like...... hyper vigilant to the point all that focus starts to physically hurt.
    • Like x 1
  10. Irvynnge Loyal Player

Bizarro got me, first. then Avatar of Sin. Clayface, too, the stinker. I remember running 'round South Gotham for the first time, turning a corner, & running into a Sub-Avatar that was just sitting there in the water. first time I'd ever seen one. didn't end well. happy days.
    • Like x 3
  11. Dene Devoted Player

MIne was the statue.. scared the begeezus outta me on day one or so of playing lol
    • Like x 2
  12. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I had a vendetta against Grundy the first six months played this game. My #1 goal was REVENGE. My main base is next to the Giordano Gardens and he still takes some payback from time to time. #NeverForget
    • Like x 3
  13. Dene Devoted Player

Can I just say - these stories are awesome lol
    • Like x 5
  14. Captain Hideous New Player

Ah, nostalgia. My first bounty I "attempted" was Full House. I just remember seeing a big golden clown by the Amusement Mile and he made me his little heroine girlfriend in seconds. I was like "WTF?". Didn't know how bounties worked until I got to around level 17-18. Those bounties always put you in your place! You leveled up like crazy if you finished all of them before level 30 back in 2012.

I also remember my first day ever playing DCUO. I thought Captain Kruel was another player and I smashed him, of course. I thought I was awesome until I put two-and-two together later on.
    • Like x 3
  15. FoolsFire Devoted Player

When I do the Riddler Warehouse solo...After going down the shaft toward his office there's a statue with a drop cloth over it. To this day I keep thinking the cloth is gonna fall off and it'll be a boss fight.
    • Like x 2
  16. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

That thing in a few instances, including that Huntress solo. In the Huntress solo it's at the end of a hallway and I always round the corner and take a moment to register it's just that statue.
    • Like x 2
  17. valiant Villian Well-Known Player

Wouldn't it be easier to just respawn, give that boss a wide berth and just go about your business?
  18. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

I miss the giant gorilla that used to hang out on metropolis rooftops.

:(
  19. Ozman Well-Known Player

Prince Ulgo? He's still there.
  20. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

Gonna have to go looking for him. He was my first superboss smackdown. I wanted to get a feel for the game before working on my main character so I rolled up a few alts and I ended up super speeding right into him. Thought they too him out.
    • Like x 1