Administration: Can we please have this in DCUO

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Silverberd19, Nov 7, 2022.

1. Silverberd19 New Player

Can we have the ability to change our gender in game, I'm sick of my character being a dude.

In a future realse as a whole 1 time only for free as a whole we get this .

Change Gender
    Change movement type
    Change personality
    Wield Two powers ( resets everything, if hardlight or rage
    your second power, the glowing ring don't appear on your character )

Tons of things to level your artifact up instantly to max level.
    5000 replay badges ( To get your looks right)

Oh and Star Sapphires as a call in support by clicking R3 ( They don't leave and actually cause decent damage)

Call in back up or side kicks ( They don't leave and they come as 10)

Normal shielding power ( it actually lasts nightmare absurdly long almost absorbing infinite damage, all shielding basically on God mode, the enemy need to dred us using shielding powers)
  2. Silverberd19 New Player

Oh yeah name change for free once, and all movement powers and weapons all unlocked for free
  3. Eve YouTuber

You can change movement. Just buy a token from Market Place.

Why would they give us free stuff to upgrade our artifacts? That's their money maker. 5,0000 replays...

Star Sapphires allies I would love. I'm not sure they are going to change the system for them to stay longer.

They won't give these for free. As much as I understand the request, this is will be very crazy of them.
    • Like x 6
  4. Silverberd19 New Player

We get all that only once
  5. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

Why only 5000 replays? Ask for 500k.

[IMG]

But in all seriousness, how about no.
    • Like x 5
  6. Silverberd19 New Player

A one time only deal, you aren't supposed to gain from the rest
  7. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Still a LOT to ask for for free, even if just once ever. Plus a lot of this just won't work, unfortunately. I'm not a dev so I can only assume, but I doubt this game could really have toons with multiple powers at once both due to its tech and just how the power system works not really going well with such a thing. And the devs have said before that they can't do gender change tokens due to tech issues, like a handful of gender-specific style items a character may have. This request is just not feasible from a tech angle or from a business angle. You're asking for everyone to get hundreds of dollars worth of stuff for free. Even just once ever, that would put a massive dent in their profits and whether we like it or not they have to watch out for their bottom line. Yes, capitalism and all that is a factor, but also there's employees that need to be paid so they can eat and have homes to live in and the game can't exist without the money to keep it going. There's millions of players, even if we only count the most active ones. Giving each of those people hundreds of dollars worth of stuff for free even just once ever is A LOT of profit they'd be missing out on and that could literally insta-kill the game. Also kinda defeats the whole point of an MMO, which is grinding and working to grow stronger over time. Daybreak/Dimensional Ink would be bankrupt in no time if they did this.
    • Like x 4
  8. Panderus Senior Producer

I looked into gender change a few years ago, there are a lot of things that are technically intertwined that makes it difficult to do as easy as we would all like.

At that time we also made the decision to make any item we could available to both genders where possible. One of our character artists for internal review screenshots now puts a mustache on everything she makes. EVERYTHING.
    • Like x 11
  9. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

I like this idea... There are toons that can dish out heat and ice. Think about a water and electric powered dude... Or Munitions with Gadgets. etc... would make for some interesting happenings.
  10. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...

How many online MMO games do you know that offers a package such as this one to players for FREE? Let me know; I'll wait...

Wielding two powers in this game? I dont think it's necessary in this game, since you can cast two powers one right after the other if you have enough power. Two power wielding requires A LOT of power/endurance use and longer cooldown costs; for this game, no thanks.

Changing genders for the same character in this game would be no easy task. The body size would change, so some items you will lose access to because they are only meant for the male character and some styles have differences between male and female characters; you would have to purchase/obtain some items again AND purchase female only type items. For example, if you have wings on your male character you would lose them because they are a different size and position on the female body type. In my opinion, your best bet is to make another character and choose the female gender, since this game has no "change gender" token.

I suggest that you wait for the Anniversary Event (January); we get a free CR skip box packed with artifacts and supplies as well as gear that will take your character's CR to near end game. The free CR skip box is given out only once a year, so many players try to get it before the opportunity passes.

Allies seem to be one ally character only per summon, so if the devs put one in the game it would be Carol Ferris and she would not be summoned for much longer than any other ally. If you want Star Sapphires to summon, I suggest getting a Violet Lantern Trinket from the broker or wait until the Valentine's Day Event comes around again.

God Mode shielding and permanent back up/side kicks summoned as a 10 pack? You want to solo run and dominate the leaderboards in this game, dont you? Had to ask.
    • Like x 3
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Not that I'm asking for a gender change token, but I don't have an issue with it either. But why not add one that comes with the caveat that anything gender specific (like the skirt/shoes/chest styles or some hair styles) would be lost for that toon as part of the process. People could always re-buy an male/female versions of the same style, but only if they are available to the new gender. Can't buy or unlock the business skirt style if you are now a male toon....them's the breaks...use the hula skirt instead.

I realize this probably undercuts what some people are trying to do...like having a bearded male brute wear a skirt and high heel shoes, but it should remove a lot of the technical limitations of 'bending' the gender fixed items to fit the change. Someone who legit has a male toon that they want to be a female toon...or vice versa...shouldn't be too phased by that limitation.
    • Like x 1
  12. Kaminuse Active Player

I don't understand how this can be such a problem that we don't already have a gender token. Lost some styles in the process is not that huge, to be fair is a stupid excuse.
  13. Plowed In Loyal Player

It is MO-vember, after all.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  14. Eve YouTuber

Just as FYI, the recent styles were really great for episodes. If we get anything Donna Troy related again in the future...cause she has many awesome costumes... I wouldn't say no ;)
    • Like x 2
  15. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Screenshots or it didn't happen ;p
    • Like x 4
  16. BumblingB I got better.

You must share this character art!
    • Like x 2
  17. Panderus Senior Producer

Fun fact, we currently have to mostly manually adjust the 6 different body types to properly fit their geometry. We have a script to help predict what makes sense for the different meshes but we always need to adjust. This is why we can't just wave a magic wand and allow skirts for men retroactively, we don't actually have the male version of the asset.
    • Like x 7
  18. Wallachia Devoted Player

I just got incredibly angry at a idiotic post in this thread, but as Panderus is active in here I'd get banned right after I confronted the kid.

Instead, let's just get to a question. Panderus, why don't we have a cool male long hair style already?
    • Like x 1
  19. BumblingB I got better.

Yeah I remember past devs mentioning this. The same answer for new body builds. The way the styles work, would require thousands of adjustments per piece that become prohibitive to add.
    • Like x 1
  20. Panderus Senior Producer

Pretty sure there are a couple options already. Yes, they are based on female styles but I know RedFive loves his luxurious long locks on one of his characters. Are you looking something more like a mullet or manbun or something?
    • Like x 6