Finding the “real” Neron?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DoctorP2, Nov 6, 2022.

1. DoctorP2 Well-Known Player

Is there a trick to doing this in the solo? It feels like there are only a couple of seconds to decide, and I have no clue what to look for. Do you have to pick correctly all three times to get the feat? I’d appreciate any hints.
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

There are clouds/smoke under the feat of them. It’s the one with bright green smoke
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

There is another thread on this subject, but the long and short of it is one Neron will have green smoke on his feet. Be careful though, there are sometimes 2 other Nerons with a green light (not smoke) there as well, but the smoke is moving more and is a darker green than the lights. Once you know which one it is, make sure to ST that one.

Personally I pull off my pets as well, but if you only ST the right one, the pet should only attack that one as well. It's just a precaution. Stay away from DOTs though if you do have a pet, otherwise it might go for the wrong one.

Also, you need to make sure to do all 3 waves of reflections. If you burn him before the 3rd wave, it won't count....you need to do all 3.
    • Like x 3
  4. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

It’s the light green one that’s the one you have to kill. There’s normally 2-3 that have green smoke on the feet. It’s always been the lighter/brighter one. If you kill the ones with darker green than you’re stunned which means wrong one
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Also one more thing. If you burn to fast you won’t get the feat. I believe neron has to do the split 3-4 times (can’t remember). If you burn to quick he will not do all the phases and you won’t get the feat. Even if you get it correctly.
    • Like x 1
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

There's four copies: two will have a lime green light on their feet to throw you off and two will have no light on their feet. Only one of those four will have a slightly darker shade of green smoke at their feet, that's the real Neron that you have to kill. The green smoke can appear on any copy at random.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I have the feat on all my toons. I always go for the one with the lighter (brighter/shimmer if you want to further go into detail). For me the other 2 have a darker green smoke without the shimmer.

Again, I have it on all my toons.
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

As do I... Perhaps the PC version of the solo is different than the PS version?
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

[IMG]

Got the image from a random video on YouTube. Left is correct. Right is wrong. Brighter is correct darker is incorrect.
    • Like x 1
  10. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Doubt it. I’m thinking it’s more of a communication issue lol. That’s why I just posted a screenshot of a random video lol
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Ok I see we're having a miscommunication with adjectives. Yes left is correct, right is incorrect. The correct one on the left to me is the darker or 'vivid' shade of green compared to the incorrect one on the right which to me is brighter or 'muted' would be a better description.
    • Like x 1
  12. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Pretty much. That’s why I wanted ti post the picture lol. To be the left was brighter more Shinny and shimmery (splendid). While the other more murky and muted as you said.
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

There is only 1 that looks like 'smoke', there can be 1-3 (first round is normally only 1) other ones with a 'light' below the feet that does not move...and definitely does not move like smoke. To me, the smoke looks darker than the light does, but hey, that might be a perceived thing...can't say for sure. I have gotten the feat on every toon I run on the first attempt since knowing the pattern, so I guess it's working.

And it's 3 rounds....there is no 4th. I said that already.
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

So, looking at those 2 shades of green in a color wheel....you believe the one on the right is a darker shade of green than the left? Personally, I'd say the shade of green on the smoke (left) is a darker shade of green. Guess we'll need a dev to settle that.

However, does the light on the right side move at all like the smoke does, or is it a fixed light beneath his feet? And seeing as we just went through the mess with the Homecoming dance potential problem for color-blindness, wouldn't the movement be a more accurate accounting than the fact that one shade is 2% lighter than the other?
  15. JasonIsley Devoted Player

just say smoke or glow. one has animation and the other doesn't.
    • Like x 2
  16. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Which is why I said 3-4 since it’s been a while since I got the feat. Neron always dies before the 2nd round so couldn’t remember if there was a 4th. Did not say there was definitely a 4th round.
  17. Eve YouTuber

It took me a minute but yeah It's the green smoke\gas\the one that looks like his feet are stinky lol. You will also notice you are not getting stunned when you hit the right one.
    • Like x 3
  18. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

I love how this thread rapidly devolved into people getting super confused and mixed up over each others' wording about colors :p
  19. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Umm excuse me…. Emerald tyvm!!
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Which is why I pointed out that one is a smoke and moves and the other is a stationary light only (or nothing at all). Yes the colors are different as well, but some other people started nit-picking about shades being the thing to look for....even though that's more of a subjective way to qualify it.

Nit-pickers gonna pick though I guess....even though the smoke IS a darker shade of green than the lights.;)

Hey....remember this thing from a few years back? It's kind of like that, except if one picture was of pants and someone still was worried about the shade as the most defining quality.
    [IMG]