Dev Discussion Episode 44: Neron's Underworld (Raid)

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Quixotic, Oct 26, 2022.

1. Quixotic Developer

Confront Neron in his Underworld and help Black Adam restore Isis to her full self. This is the feedback thread for the Neron's Underworld raid. Post your thoughts and comments for this raid here.

- Quixotic
  2. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Regarding the elite version:

The better raid of the two, but still nothing especially difficult and I think the health of the bosses is too low considering how early in the episode it is.

The first boss needs something more, maybe some room mechanics or extra AOEs to avoid.

Last boss is lacking mechanically besides the lava AOEs. I kinda wish the demon form mechanic had more to it, like the shades in Throne of the Dead last boss.

I really hope this gets an elite plus version as I do think there is some potential there but currently this is a fairly short raid, just not as short as the other one.

I'll post other ideas shortly.
  3. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Other ideas (for elite and if there's elite plus):

- Add stack mechanic to Neron fight, similar to Rebuked Isolation from Source Wall
    - Tank swap mechanic to first boss, similar to One Who Laughs from Source Wall Elite Plus
    - If anyone steps in lava, lava demons spawn (like second boss Unholy Matrimony) on Neron fight
    - Have the Hell's Hatred demon do heavy damage over time to whoever is affected, allowing for a heal/damage check. KO the add ASAP or the affected player is KO'd.
    - Have first boss reflect be more threatening to the group. If a player dies to it a fire AOE will spawn over their body for 5 seconds which will do heavy damage over time to anyone who stands over the fallen player.
    - Higher boss health in general.
    - Have Neron blink to middle and do a skull icon before doing a stomp attack. This stomp must be blocked or it will KO players.
    - Have the demon stomp mechanic do considerable raid wide damage and defence debuff while a player is transformed into a demon during the Neron fight.
    - Have more Hell's Hatred demon spawns on first boss.
  4. Quixotic Developer

Thanks for the elite ideas! Most likely the place for things like these will be in the elite plus version.

- Quixotic
    • Like x 1
  5. TheChoosens New Player

Honsestly id say leave elite as it is rather focus on elite plus for the real difficulty if we have elite plus might aswell make it the place for real challenge not regular elite.
  6. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

More ideas for elite plus:

First boss:

Have Selfishness do his roll attack more frequently. Maybe 2-4 times in succession towards a random player, kinda like Murk's charges in Crown of Thorns raid.

Last boss:

Have Neron do a point emote at a random player (while having a skull icon above his head). This player will receive an orange arrow above their head. Shortly after, big fire eruptions will spawn on the player and do damage over time, leaving an AOE on the floor. The player will need to move while this is happening, as the AOE on the floor will also do damage over time and weaken the player's defence. Somewhat similar again to Queen Diana's curse in Royal War alert.

While in demon form, you can interact with cogs around the edges of the map that will either distract Neron for a time or delay lava AOEs from spawning for a time.

Have the Flames of Injustice (from the bounty) spawn in the fight. These have to be defeated within a certain time frame or they will leave AOEs that do considerable damage over time to the group. Essentially a damage check, one that DPS should save their supercharge/orbital strike for.

Enrage timer: If Neron isn't defeated in 10 minutes or less, the whole floor will display cracks that will then spawn lava AOE and wipe the group.

Or

Enrage timer: If players in demon form don't keep activating cogs that lower Neron's Power (will be on the right side of the screen /100), and Neron's Power reaches 100/100, he will enrage and spawn cracks across the entire room which will spawn lava AOEs and wipe the group.

Copy paste Shadow of Trigon's pull/purple proximity marker from Convergence of Unmaking raid.
  7. BumblingB I got better.

BUG, my pet Brick walked the boss Selfishness up the barrier at the far end of the room. We ended up having to wipe in the elite raid because he reset and couldn't be reached by the non flyers. It was amusing watching him slowly walk up because Brick was under him like an elevator.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

I tried to get a good screenshot of him doing it and I didn't have my means to record that easily available. So the screenshots aren't great. BUT, my leaguemate actually mentioned something about that spot. You can walk up it yourself in the solo, so I went and did it and got a video footage of the spot that is wonky.

• Like x 3
  8. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Had a similar run when I did the elite version of the raid last night, as you are able to stand on the outer edges of the map and 'climb' up an invisible wall. One of the tanks in the group managed to pull Selfishness so it was stuck way above the group by accident.

Just needs to be a cleaner barrier around the boss encounter during combat on that cliff edge near the lava so there isn't a risk of glitching/bugging the fight.
    • Like x 1
  9. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

My Group ran regular of this raid. After the 1st wipe, Hate was the only one who attacked. Selfishness stood there. After Hatred was defeated the raid locked and Selfishness didn't move. It didn't allow us to warp to rally ( as game thought we were still in combat)
  10. Quixotic Developer

This was fixed in the last hotfix...Saturday I think that was. If anyone sees this happen after that hotfix, please let me know!
    - Quixotic
    • Like x 1
  11. BumblingB I got better.

You know what is not fun, the fix for this? Having them automatically teleport to the middle if they get close to any wall, not just the bugged one, it's annoying. Especially since they have a heal mechanic and random on who they target. Please rethink this fix from teleporting to something else. Having selfishness roll towards you then it resets to the middle is bad, but both will do it and heal completely. And trying to separate them again becomes a frustrating process.
    • Like x 2
  12. Quixotic Developer

I removed having Selfishness or Hatred blink to the center of the room when they get too far away from it (next hotfix, I believe). This means it will be possible for them to potentially get stuck on the wall again. If they truly get stuck, they can still blink to the center of the room but I'm not certain that they will trigger that condition.

A map fix for them (or anyone) walking up the wall should be part of GU130 which is scheduled to release soon-ish - I don't know the exact date.

- Quixotic
    • Like x 1
  13. BumblingB I got better.

Thank you! I really appreciate this.
  14. Myoxz Well-Known Player

I'm not sure if this goes here but, in Normal mode when the group is about to face Selfishness and Hatred and they do their speak, Hatred say something like "Rage burns eternal" while the subtitle say "My hate knows no bound" (or something like that).
  15. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Please can there be a visual tell (arrows on floor) and slight delay just before Selfishness is about to do his Devastating Dash ability in first boss? Similar to how the Barnacle sub boss/add from The Silent School alert/The Throne raid has a visual tell.

(For all versions of the raid)
    • Like x 1
  16. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Also I noticed in last boss today in the elite version the group got red markers later in the fight, like Infectious Ire from Source Wall. Think it was named Hellfire Curse.

Was this intended to be added or will this be more of a factor in elite plus and got added to the very end of elite by mistake?
  17. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Also please can there be a 0.5 second delay when commencing the first boss fight before Hatred and Selfishness have the potential to shield each other. If they are there waiting before the group starts the first boss fight they can shield each other extremely quickly upon the fight starting, making it somewhat a luck based feat unless Hatred goes right to the main tank on that initial aggro.
    • Like x 1
  18. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Or alternatively just move Hatred and Selfishness a little further away from each other before the boss fight starts.
    • Like x 1
  19. JoeDR New Player

Why did you nerf Selfishness roll attack? The raid is already ez boring enough
  20. DamageControlPS Active Player

When is Elite plus coming out, game is gone dull after the first week, end game players dropping like flies again, can we at least get a timeline? Thank you
    • Like x 1