Test Discussion Scorecard Feats UI

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Red Five, Nov 1, 2022.

1. Red Five Developer

Hello Feat Fanatics,

This is the official thread for the new Feats tab on the Scorecard. Please test it out and let us know what you think or what bugs you find. There are a lot of feats and a lot of on duty missions, so let us know if we missed some. Thanks for your help!

• Like x 7
  2. myandria Item Storage

Ok, so this update isn't so bad. I like the fact that the feat points are spelled out, instead of guessing how many stars grant how many feat points. This is a huge QoL for new/returning players who may not know or remember what they mean.

On that note, the feats with longer descriptions do not scroll down all the way so some of the wording and rewards descriptions are cut off. Please make the scroll bar longer so it shows the entire entries of longer descriptive feats.
    • Like x 1
  3. Dr.Dip New Player

I wanna say I think this is definatly a step in the right direction.

I think it would motivate more people to do the feats if there was a way you could list the objectives in the area where our dailies are listed. It would just switch from active quests to active feats within said instance.

Many people will still not check the scorecard or feats the way they are listed. That dev who said "oh I'll check it at the end" that defeats the entire purpose of this update in general.
  4. myandria Item Storage

Good point. I think the dev (Red Five I think) was referring to the fact that the scorecard is generally checked at the end of the mission when players have more time to look at it.

If the devs intend to use the scorecard, then the "Feats" tab should be first if you open the scorecard "before" the mission starts. That would allow time to discuss doing any feats, as Mepps pointed out in the livestream.

However, I think that the feats should be a visible menu button in the general game on the upper left or right side UI that "glows" when you are in content that has feats left to do. For example, if my character is in Infernal Kandaq, then the "feats" button would glow, letting me know there is still feats to do for that content. I could click that button and a drop down menu would show the list as it currently does on the test server scorecard. This would allow me to quickly access my feats list when I want to instead of having to use the scorecard after I am inside of a mission. The feats options should still be available in the menu wheel, as it is good to use that when you are your lair/supergroup base or HQ.
  5. Red Five Developer

Yes, I will check my feats after completing the instance, so I know what I need to focus on next time.

You can check yours at the beginning, or during a cut scene, or after choosing your loot, or in the middle of a boss fight while your team is yelling at you to not stand in the pain fields for crying out loud, or really whenever you want.

The feats tab is available on the scorecard any time you are in the instance, so go crazy.
    • Like x 5
  6. KlarkKent Well-Known Player

Here is a question with an example;

Blackest Day raid has a drop reward at last boss. This item grants "Corrupted" title and a 0 point feat. This feat is hidden by default in feat list. Feat only pops and visible once that item is collected. Its been like this since this raid added to the game. Will this feat and similar feats like this be visible in new UI?

(I can't remember any item/feat like this one. This one might be the only example in entire game.)

https://dcuniverseonline.fandom.com/wiki/Corrupted_Remains

[IMG]
  7. Cyfaill Well-Known Player

The menu is perfect, it even has the completed ones so when someone ask me (or i ask someone) for a feat i can check what i'm supposed to do, just the name and to just read it.

For me a really good improvement.

The only idea i could suggest is that the first day this update comes, the default tab to show when they complete an instance is this one [the feats] instead of the damage one so people almost can see it exists, after that as always, the active tab is the last one you saw it.
  8. DorianM Well-Known Player

How should the feat tab work in Legends PVE and pvp game formats? Will it show everything to do with the game mode or just the specific zone?
  9. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    Is making the text on the "Info" tab center-aligned intended or a bug?

Currently on Live:
    [IMG]

Currently on PCTest:
    [IMG]

The new version is harder to read and clashes with the other left-justified elements on screen.
  10. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    Several of the early alerts and raids have "Exploration" feats such as Kahndaq or Area 51. Those aren't appearing on the Feats list if I enter the instance.

Also, should the " completion counter" feats appear when I enter a solo or alert? I'm not seeing feats like "Alert Rookie" when I enter a 4 man alert on a new character.
  11. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Question
    Will the ability to unlock feats be available on this menu? That seems like an obvious monetization opportunity.
  12. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    While queuing for "Iconic Vision: Circe's Trial", "Bludhaven - Sightseer" appears on the feat list along with all of the LPvE Family feats. You can't do the LPvE Family feats in the Iconic solos. Bludhaven shouldn't be on that list either.

When queuing for "Deep Desires", there are "No Feats" listed.

If you queue for a PvP match, the "Feats" tab is active. However, it displays "No Feats" which isn't true.
    • Like x 1
  13. beardrive Committed Player

This looks like a great addition to the game!
  14. Eve YouTuber

Red Five, just wondering, when you guys started working on this UI, did you have in mind the possibility of feat tracking? For at least in open world. That could really be a good solution to not have to open the feat menu every second, but once, track it and have it appear on the screen. Or is it not possible?
  15. BumblingB I got better.

Since there wasn't a Dev Discussion thread for this made, I'll post this here.

Shady Nightclub PvE duo lists the PvP feats too.
  16. Too Many Toons Dedicated Player

not seeing Seasonal feats in instances (eg Fried Okaran)
    low level solo instances are only showing hard knocks, not the other feats in instance (eg 'Croc Hunter' in Scarecrow solo)
  17. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player