RANT: 702 Scarabs....worst feat ever now?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Reinheld, Oct 31, 2022.

1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

No. And I'll probably just squish 10 or so a day for the next 35 days.....I'm happy to be past the half way point anyway. However, I'd personally like these kinds of feats to be tied to something we are actually doing. Killing mummies or knocking out tomb raiders or whatever. Similar to many other count tasks we've had in the past have been.

And yeah....not as bad as the 'worst'....but again, I was on a rant about it at the time of writing. Still. Glad I'll have it done now vs in 2 years....I wouldn't be coming down to Khandaq for 35-70 days in a few years...and I doubt anyone else would be either.
    • Like x 2
  2. The Con Dedicated Player

You're the +++++ that confuses the word "difficult" ("absurdly difficult" was your actual wording) with the word "tedious"...

Sure, you can say that it doesn't matter that he feels that the feat is tedious because it's "easy".... What you can't do is say that he says the feat is "absurdly difficult" because he thought it was "tedious".

One word being applicable as the counter to 2 different words... doesn't make those 2 words interchangeable.

Here's where I need that "Different... Not the same... Different" gif.

Learn words.
  3. The Con Dedicated Player

I don't really think that it is.... but... I would never presume to tell others what to think.

I can see how they would think that it is.

JC, you really are just.... you.
  4. Proxystar #Perception

Damn, what did Lara Croft ever do to you?
    • Like x 1
  5. Proxystar #Perception

Rolls eyes.gif see you in the next thread you stalk me in champ :D
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

What DIDN'T she do?
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  7. The Con Dedicated Player

Just to drive this point home to ya...
    None of those synonyms hint at meaning "difficult"

Sure... You can say that you think that the feat is easy... and, therefore, not difficult....
    BUT what you can't do is accuse him of saying that he thought that the feat was too difficult because he thinks that it's tedious.
    Your entire rant is built around the premise this is absurdly difficult- You.
    Which is exactly what you did.

Only if you're still acting like you in that one.
    So... Yeah.... I guess I'll see you in that one, too.
  8. Proxystar #Perception

What did you want her to do? Nevermind don't answer that :D
  9. MrGhosty Active Player

I don't do the big grind achievements in one sitting for the reason that by the time I'm done I will likely hate the content. The thing that will likely save folks who come into this later is that the low pop will actually help them with fewer people chasing the spawns. These are actually the perfect sort of feats for latecomers as it is at least something they can do solo, versus stuff that needs to find enough folks to field a team. I did like the daily missions in Death Metal better, where you could complete multiple objectives that all counted towards daily quest credit and the feat at the same time though, it felt more efficient.
    • Like x 3
  10. Imaginos Dedicated Player

Go. Hunt. Kill Skulz
  11. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Several years ago there was a day when the lag was terrible. You couldn't do any raids, alerts, or even solos without problems. On that day all you read in the chat was, "Need people for Reaper feats."

And there were DOZENS of people in the same phase doing them. It was hilarious. You blink, the Reaper was dead.

The next day chat was full of, "At least we got the Reapers done."
    • Like x 2
  12. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Welcome to MMO Game Design, where one of the goals is to give players stuff to do that will keep them engaged for as long as possible. And large number goals like "take down X number of mobs" fall right into that category, along with engaging in an ongoing battle with RNG. LOL

If a count feat like that makes a player think the best way to do it is to rush it all at once, then the first thing I'm going to do is question that player's level of patience. I've always found the weekly count missions to be handled best by taking down a certain number per day over the course of a week. The only ones I've found myself "rushing" in comparison to other count missions is the 99 mission in Doomed Metro (usually finish that one in three days, get about 30 per day) and the treasure chests in Atlantis (which can depend on how many chests are spawning on a given day or just how many I come across while traveling).

A player doesn't HAVE to rush any of those missions or feats. The devs have set up the game where they can be attempted all at once or done over time. Then it comes down to player choice as to how they handle them. But those players had best be ready to own those choices once they make them, and that means accepting everything (good and bad) that comes with it.

If a player doesn't like some of the negatives that come with their choice (challenging spawn times, burnout from trying to run it all at once, boredom and a lack of things to do after finishing), then maybe they need to reconsider how they approach it.
    • Like x 1
  13. Tomazo Level 30

The feat is pretty easy....I don't know what are you crying about? If you are too lazy to do feats , don't do them. There are far worse things to worry about in this game, why nobody talks about them but writes useless topics like this.....wtf seriously...
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I don't disagree with any of that, but I do want to point tout that all of those things you mention are part of a mission, you'd likely be doing for some sort of advancement....marks or gear or whatever. Scarabs are not part of any of our 'work' we are expected to do.

Personally, I also generally will do the counts over time....and if it were 'kill 702 mummies' I'd get there eventually without any mention.
    • Like x 1
  15. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I squashed some scarabs this morning. All I can say is… ew…., ew…., EW….! I didn’t know they made a disgusting noise & splatter when they get squished lol. To make matters worse, I always run barefoot lol. Scarab squishy guts all over my toes! EW!
    • Like x 3
  16. Dene Devoted Player

I am currentky barefoot at my desk reading this and got all grossed out LOL
    • Like x 1
  17. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

IKR ! Me too lol
  18. Miss Adora Loyal Player

I was able to complete it in a few days all by myself. Here is the kicker, I work 10 hour days. Also, you don't have to complete it day 1
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I wasn't even going to reply....but as I just finished my 10.5 hour work day (HA!) and am sitting down with a few drinky-dinkys, I'll respond.

That's good. I do like how you say don't need to do it on day 1, but you DID do it in a few days...in the first week....so doing it on day 4 or 5, that's a big difference from day 1? Okie doke. I also wasn't doing it day 1, and likely won't complete it till deep in the DLC. Also not sure what your work day has to do with it. If you worked those 10 hours and spent another 10 hours for 2 days doing bugs....that's good? Weird flex. Or conversely, if someone works 4 hours a day, but also only gets on the game for 1 hour....what's the difference? I doubt they plan on spending that 1 hour squashing bugs and would rather run an alert or raid or maybe decorate or work on feats that actually require going into content or you know....'playing' the game? Not sure I count squashing bugs as really playing the game, but I suppose some might. What button or combo do we use to activate the 'squash bug' power? Do my artifacts, augs or allies I paid to have and use (well....farmed...not paid for) help me in this task? What CR should I be to squash them?

And I've already admitted that it was mostly rant...and that I'd just be doing it ...as many will...as busy work on my daily visits to Khandaq. Doing it in a group was not very effective due to the poor credit radius and slow respawns. If it's not done till way late in the DLC, I might group up again to polish it off. I'm sure I'll feel the accomplishment worthy of my efforts either way.

And what was your point? That 2 days is fine, but 1 is not? Ok.... That it's 'easy'....no doubt....but so is running in circles for 2 hours and I won't be looking forward to doing that either. That you can do it by yourself? No one was debating that....I'd guess many will do it solo, however some will choose the group option too....even though it's less effective than it should be.
    • Like x 2
  20. DuffleBagBoii Well-Known Player

What is a feat? I havent sought out one of those in like 3 years im in elite tanking w 305 sp
    • Like x 1