RANT: 702 Scarabs....worst feat ever now?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Reinheld, Oct 31, 2022.

1. The Con Dedicated Player

Right now... I picture you having a conversation with yourself...

Do you need more than one laptop for that?
    o_O
  2. The Con Dedicated Player

No it's not....

He never said it was difficult... let alone "absurdly" difficult.

Yeah... I think everybody here already understood that to be his point, Captain Obvious.

Way to state what we all already knew... because we can read.
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Nah, it's probably not the worst. You got me there. It's just added to the pile of needless busy work or badly designed feats that will suck more and more as the content gets more abandoned later. That was kind of where the 'rant' part came in. I had come off of being in that group and questioning what I had done for the previous couple of hours when I wrote that. If I could change the title to 'one of the worst' to be more accurate, I would.

Of course,....later, when this is NOT a daily run location, and you will be probably be doing it solo? Yeah, it will be more of a PITA than reapers for the reasons I stated originally. All they would have had to do is make the shared credit range be the full map or upped the spawn rates and that would be resolved in perpetuity.

So if I'm the one hung up on the 'difficult' pretense, why keep saying it? If I say 'boring' you say 'exciting'....If I say 'waste of my time' you can respond 'time well spent'. But again. Your go-to action is to insert 'difficulty' wherever someone doesn't like something in this game. It automatically gives you the ability to respond to someone saying 'it's easy' where 'difficulty' was not implied OR said. It gives you this position to speak from where you are somehow better than some other player whereas maybe you just like doing boring stuff a lot more. I mean that's your choice, but if you also enjoy watching paint dry and I don't it doesn't mean I think watching paint dry is 'difficult', yet I'd assume you would respond with your patented 'You are lazy.....get gud....watching paint dry is not difficult....I could do it all day'.
    • Like x 1
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

More like this....although my couch is not red and 1 TV is bigger.
    [IMG]
  5. The Con Dedicated Player

Good news is I beat the feat this morning.

Just a random question...

If you pay a kid 10 bucks to fly your character around for 4 hours... Is that considered "cheating"?

Asking for a friend.. for... uh... no particular reason.
    [IMG]
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

It's no more cheating than many PC players using macros to keep themselves 'active'. Saw a guy last night for at least 10 min, just beating the hell out of a wall down there. Same weapon combo....over and over. Wall was not budging though.
    • Like x 3
  7. myandria Item Storage

Yep, I've seen that too, which is why I carry a bouncy ball or two around in my inventory ;).
    • Like x 1
  8. The Con Dedicated Player

Just kidding, tho..

My league and I beat the 1/2 mark feat on day 1. (I went about 3/4 of the way before I got too bored)

Finished the rest over the week while doing dailies and waiting for ques.
    • Like x 1
  9. The Con Dedicated Player

My fav was putting a rubber band around the toggles of my PS4 controller to keep myself flying around in a circle wait for that half hour cooldown of the teleporter in the BoP solo....
  10. myandria Item Storage

Hmm.. I would double check the ToS on that one.

Personally, I would not do that. What if the person you've "paid" to keep your character active in the game sells/trades away your stuff by "accident" or does/says something to get your character banned?

Remember, you can get in trouble on your own; you don't need to "pay" someone to do it for you. Just sayin'.
  11. Cordelia Well-Known Player

This I agree with, 100%. As a set of feats, not linking it to any missions is a little silly. I like silly, but some people don't. Linking it to a mission would definitely cut down on the "gotta do it NOW" attitude, to some degree.
    • Like x 1
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I used to do it for the Prom boxes as they'd drop every 5 or 6 hours of 'activity'. Did a lot of jogging in my base and would just pop in every 5 or so hours to kill a mob outside my door.

Still didn't get the green aura when it launched and had like 100 saved Pboxes....ARGH!!
    • Like x 1
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Again, if the scarabs were objects on the daily missions...I'd have no issue with the idea of this feat. It would still suck later on as someone rolls up on Khandaq in late 2024 and would need to either squash 702 bugs or run dailies down there for a few weeks, just to get SM and old gear better collected elsewhere...but at least they would be productive in some way...not just keeping 'busy' in old content no one is playing anymore.
    • Like x 1
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Or send a group/chat invite. Assuming they don't have them blocked, it will pop up on screen and interrupt the routine unless they have an escape or circle button built into it.

And I didn't mean to single out PC players. I understand that supposedly there are controllers for console which can do this kind of thing too. It's just a bit more prevalent on the PC.
  15. Proxystar #Perception

It is objectively not, a crazy grind.
    • Like x 1
  16. Proxystar #Perception

You lot keep hanging on to this construct of "difficult" and then portray it as something entirely different to what I'm saying.

Let's just make it a little clearer then shall we so as to avoid confusing you Con.

This feat is objectively not difficult to complete and when I say difficult that is because the task in every respect of the word is "easy" to undertake.

That means time, ease, every last little element.
    • Like x 1
  17. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I literally just said a few pages back that I got it in like an hour with 6-7 people on a phase that no1 else was doing it on. And I'm on Xbox. I don't see what the problem is :/
    • Like x 3
  18. Proxystar #Perception

Reinheld these types of feats are in the game to keep people busy in general, They're not really intended to just be smashed out in one session, but players in this game just tend to approach them with that mentality and its often what causes the frustration you appear to be experiencing here.

They're also less "boring" if that's what you want to go with when you spread the quest out over a period of time, which doesn't on this occasion really seem to be unreasonable.

It's a feat to keep players busy during idle times and just give them a slow reward over accumulation.

It is this community that seems to approach these feats with a mentality that they must be crushed within hours of content release windows and it is that player built mentality that causes the frustration leading to this very complaint of yours.
    • Like x 1
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Wow...it's almost as though I said something like 'make it part of a daily mission'...you know, so you could complete it over time as part of running dailies. Also, I've said I'll be completing it over time...so there's that. However, some DO like to do these things in bulk and get them out of the way....it's also not very effective for that method due to the slowish spawns and wide area. Oh wait...I forgot, if someone doesn't play it how you do they are 'wrong' or 'lazy' or whatever the word of the day is.

But you do really like the boring feats, don't you?
  20. Proxystar #Perception

Hahahaha, I'm not sure you really need a daily mission to provoke you in to doing it now though do you. I mean you could do sure, but I don't really think its necessary at all.

I think we've basically thrashed this out at this point, I get it, you don't like it, but it's not really that bad. I can think of way worse and I mean you acknowledged that anyway, so yeah moving on - good talk mate :)