Dev Discussion Episode 44: Godseye Pyramid (alert)

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by JackFrost, Oct 26, 2022.

1. JackFrost Developer

Hey again! We're really excited to present our latest Episode: The Sins of Black Adam!

This is the thread we'll be most closely monitoring for any feedback or bug reports related to the Godseye Pyramid Alert. Please note whether your feedback is related to the Event, Normal, or Elite modes.

Thanks for playing DCUO, and I hope you enjoy all of the new content!
  2. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Hello!

Regarding the elite version (at least):

There are a LOT of hallway adds. Does there really need to be so many? Especially the area with multiple floors just before the last boss.

Difficulty wise the boss fights seem about right for an elite alert. It would be awesome if this had an elite plus version.

If I run into any bugs I will update on here later.
  3. Berza Committed Player

In elite version, there is only one revive, instead of 2 like in the raids. Not sure if it is intended.
  4. Mr.W Committed Player

I'm in agreement that the difficulty seem right as this is a more mechanics based elite & overall dlc.

My only tweak is can the banner instruct players to lunge isis instead of "interrupt" to reduce confusion for players on how to stop her?

Personally, im indifferent about the amount of adds in halls.
  5. Drownment New Player

6. TheChoosens New Player

I was just about to ask about this i just did the elite alert and recieved nothing lootwise no marks no gear and its the first time me going in to it after reset so i couldnt be loot locked.
  7. Drownment New Player

yes, same here, did it yesterday, and today im lockd for 5 days lol, and its for all my 6 chars!
  8. JackFrost Developer

Thanks for all of the feedback, y'all! A fix for the 2 revives went out yesterday I believe.

Also, thanks for calling out the loot lock issue. We think we found the root of the problem, and are submitting a change we hope will fix it.
    • Like x 3
  9. Mr.W Committed Player

Thank you for being diligent
  10. FreezyPop Well-Known Player

I’m not sure if I hit a bug, or if I just don’t properly understand the elite mechanic(s):

In Isis fight, we lunged until we got the “interrupted” screen text, then I got to the wind orb and turned the cog. This gave me the wind damage aura, but it also was almost immediately followed by a message that Isis had absorbed the orb and the wind environmental hazard ALSO triggered. I thought the intent of the mechanic was players either take on the damage aura and can’t get close to each other, OR the quadrant becomes an environmental hazard based on the element. Is there a secondary mechanic I’m missing?
    • Like x 1
  11. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

I think overall, this is a great alert. It's a good length, the bosses are enjoyable, the non-counter feats are fun. Honestly a lot of positives and very few negatives for me.

There's a couple of minor cosmetic things that irk me a little:
    - treasure 1 is tiny, would be nice if it was a touch larger or looked more like treasure 2
    - the stone slabs in boss 1 cause weird fx sometimes and can be targeted/take damage
    - boss 1 actually is a little laggy for me on Xbox series X, might be because of that lush lighting, but it feels a little intensive compared to the rest of the instance
  12. JackFrost Developer

Hey! What you describe, where players either absorb the power of an orb, or Isis does (creating an environmental hazard) is the intent. I'll look closely at the logic and see if I can figure out why you might have seen what you saw. Can you confirm that she made the tornado(s) after you absorbed the wind orb? Or did she make some other hazard? Was it possible you all were damaging her quickly enough that a 2nd orb was triggered pretty quickly after the wind orb or vice-versa? (that could maybe happen in Event mode I think).

Thanks for the report!
    • Like x 2
  13. Cordelia Well-Known Player

I haven't played the alert all that much, but in at least half the fights, at least one orb never gets a cog even if we've interrupted Isis. Not sure if we are doing something wrong, or the mechanic is bugged.
  14. FreezyPop Well-Known Player

Yes. I actually had only just rolled away from the corner absorbing the wind orb when the tornado(s) sprang up.

We had reasonably steady burn, but no one was melting (this was an Elite run, and I don’t think any of us were maxed out in any way), so I don’t believe it was overlap.

It was the first orb of the fight, as well, if that’s helpful. The other three did pop during the fight, but there was a decent delay between each one.

Thanks for looking into it! I’ll try to look for more details / factors when I run Elite next to see if there was something else impacting it.
  15. JackFrost Developer

Thanks y'all for the reports. I made some changes to try and make sure things behave correctly, and those should be patched out in the next hotfix. After that hotfix (which may be today or tomorrow afternoon), please let me know if you see anything like this in the future.

Edit: Also, just wanted to note that the cog will only appear if she's interrupted, like you mentioned, but it won't appear for a player who has already absorbed the power from one of the other orbs.
    • Like x 3
  16. farm3rb0b Committed Player

I can second this. We had a run over the weekend where a player absorbed the Earth orb, had the spinning effect around their character for the remainder of the fight, but we also had the huge pools on the floor in that quadrant of the room. It popped someone the orb absorbed feat (can't remember the name off the top of my head), so it clearly recognized that we triggered that orb.
    • Like x 1
  17. zNot Loyal Player

Quick question is there a Elite plus version for the alert coming out?
  18. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

Would assume so, the first boss has two elite feats attached for the portals, they both specify 'Elite or Elite Plus'
    • Like x 1
  19. FreezyPop Well-Known Player

Haven’t had a recurrence of the double-whammy orb issue (hooray!) but did just run into this:

I tried to change armories after absorbing one of the orbs in the Isis fight, and got the “cannot activate build while transformed” error message. I don’t think thats an intentional lockout, but I’m not entirely sure.
    • Like x 1
  20. BumblingB I got better.

Weird pet behavior I experienced last night. Last boss, both mine and my leaguemate's RSK was locked out of the fight. They were able to still attack through the door, but they were just hanging outside of the barrier. None of the other pets did this, just RSK.

Not a big deal, but just wanted to point it out. I'm wondering if it had something to do with the pull in cinematic.