What’s going on with the bans?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by nawanda, Oct 16, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nawanda Loyal Player

Very fair. It’s true I don’t have any insight into the extent of the issue. I wasn’t even online that day.
  2. thedemonocus Loyal Player

Sounds like the devs need to pay more attention so this stuff doesn't happen in the 1st place.
    • Like x 7
  3. Dene Devoted Player

An apologist is a person who offers an argument in defence of something controversial. I'm not defending anything or anyone - just stated my opinion - but if you think I am, ok but based on that then you are also an apologist for those that were banned

To answer your hypotheticall - If I ran a business and made an error, i'd take some of the loss for people i could see didn't know or only took small advantage but if someone took gross advantage of my error then YES I would ban them.. big difference to just a small error to people taking advantage

It happens in real life too - e.g. A bank had an error where you essentially got double the money you withdrew from a certain ATM - but it only recorded the amount you asked for, so people doubled their money. Some did it once and freaked and let the bank know, some did it a couple of times and didn't go too far but others withdrew maximum amounts over the course of the weekend, basically saying "not my fault, bank stuffed up". It started on a Friday and Bank did not fix it until Monday - Those that did it once or twice for a small amount were not even spoken to but those that took advantage were debited or forced to repay the correct amount dispensed and other stuff happen but noone knows what as it wasn't disclosed - because they don't have to

I am assuming your friend only clicked a couple of times? Like I said I do not agree they should be banned for a few clicks and I bet within a day or so they'll be unbanned - It is barely Monday in Texas - give em a day

Every time they've banned people they have been very vague about punishmernts - but who knows, hopefully they are more transparent

Edit: To be clear we essentially agree - so apologies if I came across harsh but people taking advantage and then blaming those they took advantage of drives me NUTS
  4. Berza Committed Player

People had time enough to buy 100's of packs. Some were even bragging about it in LGF/Trade chats.
    • Like x 2
  5. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

I think if someone thought that 1 Marketplace dollar equaled like ten dollars then maybe you could say they'd be really misinformed but you'd have to buy Marketplace cash in the firstplace too and you'd realize how much more expensive it is? To my discredit when this "scandal" broke I honestly thought the Atlantean packs were like twenty dollars each I was so off like they're 45 bucks Canadian holy moly?! So I dunno if I saw something for like a penny or a dollar that gave you stuff like stabilizers and source marks I'd think I'm probably either in some bugged menu or Daybreak is just liquidating the game off lol?
  6. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Personally I feel if someone bought like one or three of these by mistake and maybe even filled out a bug report then they shouldn't get banned. For others who took more time guess that's up to who knows what? I'm kinda torn because this is pretty sloppy even for Daybreak and yeah accidents happen and all but also some players were super greedy and "bought" hundreds of these which would probably just break the game's economy further. It's a messy situation that's for sure and it's like we're going right back to that Artifacts glitch fiasco from last year AGAIN LIKE REALLY
    • Like x 2
  7. Andrew Marsh Level 30

They shouldn't ban anyone, a suspension is fine as long as the players get their accounts back. If they get banned this games gonna die eventually, I only see another 2 years of this game running.
    • Like x 2
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Oh...I'd guarantee there is now 1 guy at least who every update where new MP is added or prices changed will be like....
    "DID WE CHECK THE PRICES!!!???" All sweaty as he scrolls through EVERY item....
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  9. Skoll Well-Known Player

This thread would be 3 pages shorter if a dev came in and added some clarity to the situation… but alas.
    • Like x 4
  10. HooLeeCow Well-Known Player

I heard if you want unban you need pay normal price for it but i dont know its rumors or truth .
    I can only imagine how many of those gona pay 5000 $ or more to get unban but from other heand it would be fair and for sure it would be good lesson to not do it again in future ,
    • Like x 1
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

If they were banning people for 1 or 2, I'd say that's a good option $50 or $100 to keep your account active seems a fair penalty if you have $1000s in time and money invested. However if you are faced with buying 100+ at $50 each....yeah, new account....here I come!
  12. Andrew Marsh Level 30

No one would pay this much money, you know this games still running due to people putting money into DI pockets. If not then this game would be done for. Dont u think if they banned everyone or said pay us $5000 would justify their own mistakes? Thats like robbing someone and asking them to pay so u can rob them further lol.
  13. Berza Committed Player

I don't know, none of my friends is banned, the only one that bought a pack did only once and did not get banned.
    • Like x 2
  14. myandria Item Storage

Umm.. no it wouldn't; this thread would be 10-20 pages longer with people questioning and accepting/denying the dev's motives and decision(s). I think the devs will give us an update in a separate thread unde the announcements when they are ready.

I would not believe this for any reason; it's borderline bribery.

I think one of the best ways to teach the lesson of "not doing it again" is to strip accounts at different levels, according to how the devs decide how much or how little a player exploited this "error". No player likes to lose character progression, cosmetics, in-game cash or items in their inventories.
    • Like x 1
  15. PolarisSylar Committed Player

I think why there is a delay for unbans because dcuo have a small staff of devs working on the game and dcuo have a episode coming out in a few days and dcuo have other stuff to run .
    Dcuo would have those characters accounts down until devs went through those accounts very well .
    Well, the item bundle in the marketplace was 45 dollars each, if a user did it 5 x 45 that like 225 , or if users did 45 x 25 that like 1125
    . Dcuo is at a loss.
    If a person goes regularly to the marketplace to buy item it one time notice the lesser. Yes that one time is the dcuo fault not the player user ,.
    But if user goes back the 2nd / 3rd time around to get the buggy item bundle this on fault of the player user, that why dcuo taking some time going through accounts if it was done too much times.
  16. Amoxin Well-Known Player

I do too. I just wish they wouldn't have taken away the Potato Cakes. :(
    • Like x 1
  17. HooLeeCow Well-Known Player

There are people called whales who spend tons of money on games but they dont do exploit :) so yea new accounts or sayonara but its fair becouse how stupid people must be to buy 100 + and think its ok and nothing gona happend :) but from other heand when you look in the past we had some big exploits without punishment so ......
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

The difference here is, speed hackers, cheese exploiters, cash and item dupers impact the players most. Getting stabilizers at a 5000x discount impacts DI directly in the wallet. That will not stand.

And my point was that if a whale were presented with the choice of paying up what they would 'owe' for 100 boxes and just starting a new account, $5000 would get you set up on that new account pretty well.
  19. HooLeeCow Well-Known Player

I agree with part every exploit is devs mistake from technical perspective but also when players abuse it its mistake and thats is writen in ToS .
    Well mistakes in work place happens but how weak is when people abuse it like horny 10 years old ( quick quick before they fix it )
    • Like x 1
  20. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Whatever happens, the game will die eventually.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.