What’s going on with the bans?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by nawanda, Oct 16, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

And if they looked you up and said "Hey....you know you got that chicken at a 90% unmarked discount, right?" and said if you didn't square up, they'd ban you from that store....guess what....they could do that.

How was the chicken BTW?
    • Like x 1
  2. Trykz Dedicated Player

Subjective to your server experience I guess. We had over 20ppl on still at 1am last night lol, over 35 on during peak. I haven’t noticed any population drop at all, but that’s been my experience.
    • Like x 1
  3. Dene Devoted Player

How do you know ?

Based on past errors, people who bought hundreds of them will obviously be treated differently to those that only bought 1 or 2 and, unless you you bought a lot, then who cares? And if you did buy a lot then you need to face the consequences

They do not owe any explanation to those not affected

Those affected or feel they were punished unfairly can write to them and ask for a review.. like the TOS says
    • Like x 1
  4. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Last time I was there they didn't have any hamburger meat.
    I had to go in the alley behind the restaurant to get the biggest rat I could find.

Best Ratburger I ever had. ;) ;)

(yes... I saw Demolition Man one time too many ;) )
    • Like x 2
  5. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  6. Dene Devoted Player

I bet those that only bought 1-5 or so will be back within a few days - was probabkly quicker/easier to blanket ban then sift through the exceptions

I don't think DI is as vicious as some want to make out
    • Like x 3
  7. DuffleBagBoii Well-Known Player

Just dont think a first time offender should be in lockdown over this
    • Like x 1
  8. Plowed In Loyal Player

How much “offending” did first-timer do? ;)

Better to lock them all down temporarily, than to impact any markets moreso than they already have. You can still feel the impact from the PS cash glitch from 2011-12 (?)
    • Like x 2
  9. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

I have an issue with the people who did this being called "offenders". They went to a marketplace, a product was offered, and the price was paid. Did they know that wasn't the correct price, probably, but that's on the vendor not the buyer.
    • Like x 3
  10. Retire Well-Known Player

Exactly! Let's not act like people didn't pay the price that was asked for
    • Like x 2
  11. nawanda Loyal Player

You’re the very definition of an apologist.

My friend does not even know what their punishment is. There has been no communication. They don’t know if they are permanently banned or anything. In fact they aren’t even 100% certain their inability to connect is a ban or some tech issue. So I suppose you think that’s acceptable. Don’t get me started on the TOS - I’ll end up with yet another forum ban and I’m not even playing at the moment (first time not been a member for nearly 8 years - no content to play).

If you ran a business, would you ban a customer from using your service with no explanation. No you wouldn’t. Because it’s not right.

By implication your sentence “they do not owe an explanation to those not affected” undermines your post completely. They haven’t given an explanation to those who ARE affected. That’s all I’m pointing out.

Clearly such an update would be easiest communicated on this forum, and frankly, if you do not see how transparency over mass punishments is in the interest of all stakeholders, including players who aren’t affected, we’ll just have to agree to completely disagree.
    • Like x 2
  12. Proxystar #Perception

I think temporary suspensions are probably fair enough given this was so obviously an error it's hard to argue a reasonable person wouldn't be immediately second guessing whether it was meant to be legit, it was 1 cent after all.

However the accounts need to be cleaned and then released. I feel Dimensional Ink should be giving this extremely high priority and its probably unfortunate for those affected that it's happened 2 weeks out from a DLC launch, which probably isn't helping.

That being said, if this is the third time or something someones been caught up in a ban wave, they should probably be perma.
    • Like x 3
  13. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

What a mess.
    • Like x 1
  14. Lowest New Player

If they don’t get unsuspended the game will die quicker than it already is
  15. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

• Like x 5
  16. iEddyGaming Active Player

All I am saying is that new offenders and old offenders shouldn't be treated the same way.
    People who bought 1 or 2, weren't banned. But people who bought 3 to 700 were banned. >.>
    I mean the guy who bought 700 should be perma-banned but people who bought less than 10? I think 1-2 weeks suspension is more than enough.

In short = Don't give the same punishment to everyone! :D
    • Like x 4
  17. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

I don't think they will. As it's been pointed out - it takes time to check all the suspended accounts. Once that's done, I imagine the worst offenders will have received an email about being "indefinitely suspended" and the rest will probably be unceremoniously un-banned.
    • Like x 1
  18. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

I'm surprised there hasn't been an official thread on this or a statement of some kind. Mepps did comment and say they would be doing something, but comparing this to last Dec, this seems way quieter.

That would leave me to assume that the offending party is much smaller compared to then.
    • Like x 1
  19. Proxystar #Perception

yeah I do agree with this, in reality its the prolific offenders that deserve the biggest punishment.

They do need to have the stabilizers and items they obtained removed this time though.
    • Like x 3
  20. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

You gotta put things into perspective here. It sucks that your friends can't access the game, but as of right now... it isn't because they are being punished... yet. The important thing is the in-game economy that would be devastated for years had swift action not have been taken.

They probably don't even know what they're going to do about it yet, and I imagine that decision weighs heavily on the organization. Nobody wants to throw away potential income.

The people at the top are furious and they're probably sweating buckets and playing damage control.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.