Test Discussion Episode 44: The Treachery of Black Adam (Solo)

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Beta, Oct 12, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beta Developer

Howdy!

This is the thread for testing the Solo instance, where we'll be monitoring feedback, any bugs, and discussion. Please keep in mind, the Solo has both normal and event mode available right now, so indicating if your feedback is for one or the other would be super helpful.

Love you for testing the content! Thanks!
    • Like x 2
  2. Cordelia Well-Known Player

Main thing I noticed is that combat is happening throughout the cutscene in the second fight. Even after I won the fight, I could hear combat sounds over the cutscene, and Neron started to beat me up before the cutscene ended at the beginning of the fight.
  3. iEddyGaming Active Player

Ran the regular version. No issue so far.
    Except that when fighting Greed, the onscreen text and chatbox text states the "[ep44_ba_greed]" which needs to be changed.
    I haven't ran it again yet but incase the option isn't there, please add "skip cutscene" option in the beginning, the cutscenes are too long for the solo, especially the last one, which would make it harder to farm daily.
    Overall great job! Loved the new map as well. ;)

• Like x 2
  4. Berza Committed Player

I noticed Elite version of alert and both raids is already in the Test Server, but no Elite solo. Original announcement said there will be Elite versions of all content. Has this been changed too?
    • Like x 1
  5. Eve YouTuber

Ok but can we take a minute to appreciate Beta, thanks! This solo is fantastic
    • Like x 1
  6. Cordelia Well-Known Player

It's there.
    • Like x 1
  7. Cordelia Well-Known Player

I liked the side rooms. Very cool. I wish more instances had extra rooms to explore. Those delight me.
    • Like x 2
  8. BumblingB I got better.

They mentioned in the live stream, the elite version of the solo will come later, but it will have an elite version. Of course things can change, but I'm sure we will get an elite solo.
    • Like x 4
  9. Designated Well-Known Player

All feedback i can give is bring elite version on launch day.
  10. Magnificent Loyal Player

I ran the normal version, the cut scenes were fun and the graphics were good. I enjoyed having a little extra area to explore.

Greed is untargetable for a second or two after the piles of treasure event but can target and hit the player.

In the final fight, Black Adam says he's going to fight Neron, yet he's not in the fight at all.
    Neron starts fighting you before the cutscene ends (or at least he's already fighting you by the time the player is out of the scene).

And finally... I WANT THAT BLACK ADAM HOVERING POSE!!! Seriously, you need to make this happen.
    • Like x 1
  11. Eve YouTuber

I noticed that both bosses are starting to fight us during the cutscene. That's probably the biggest issue I had so far.
  12. DoctorP2 Well-Known Player

Just confirming a few observations mentioned by others:
    Greed being untargetable for a few seconds after destroying the cash piles, but he can still attack you.
    Nekron starting combat before the intro cutscene is over; once when the scene ended, I was already being juggled
    Combat sounds continuing during the cutscene after Nekron is defeated.
    • Like x 2
  13. kingmasternova Loyal Player

Hello I played the the solo last night, I have ran into a few bugs.

1. cutscene: The boss is still fighting your character.
    2. Neron: if he lunge your character went you are in the air, he will lunge through the green wall into the lava making you trap.
    3. the green wall on Neron fight there's a gap on the right side by the door where there other Isis is at, you can use that gap to reset the fight if Neron is stuck in lava.
    4. if you attack neron & 1st boss while you are in the fight the boss don't spawn inside with your character.
    5. you aren't force to talk to Black Adam
    there's a bug in-game since the first hotfix after Son of Trigon dlc release. there's 2 indicator for your character, If your character can fly you can super sonic in the cutscene allowing you to get the boss and/or enemies attention. the son of trigon duo with Jare you could fight him first, if you do this it can break the instance where you can't fight Jack. the sea serpent in one of the thone in Atlantic you could break the door teleposter where you could have it stay. if you do this in elite you are guaranteed a renowed currency.
  14. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Largely I am waiting to provide feedback for the [Elite] version but just to address anything if it persists through that content as well. Some has been mentioned but:
    • In both the Greed and Neron cutscenes the npcs are in combat which you hear during the cutscenes and for the Greed cutscene you sometimes start in combat already which does not allow you to properly change armories beforehand
    • After the Treasures phase Greed is invulnerable for almost 3 seconds which does not allow you to counter/damage Greed at all and it also drops taunt at the same time so he will automatically attack Black Adam
    • The wall before you enter the final room with Neron will require another terminal to skip the cutscene. If a player does not turn the cog at the beginning he will be trapped in a 2min+ cutscene that it is actually faster just to log out of your account and log back into the game to avoid because you are in combat throughout and cannot warp rally.
    • Not that it can be adjusted but in the regular version the cutscenes themselves total more time than actual combat.

Also would be nice to see an Elite+ version of the solo
    • Like x 2
  15. Proxystar #Perception

The battle-tank side of me endorses this comment :D
  16. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Yea I think it's worth it just from the standpoint a player would have to change their build up to a survival one with shields/HOTS or run a sidekick or just go full glass cannon. The rewards obviously wouldn't be worth the time spent but could still be a neat instance and some extra feats.
    • Like x 1
  17. Designated Well-Known Player

Even if no feats were added, would be a challenge, would be good to test different arts, builds.
    But 4 a troll power might be hard.
  18. Proxystar #Perception

Given Elite+ comes later could always chuck an extra 25 renown in there and yeah a few extra feats - it'll help players build their characters and test their characters more robustly which will make them better prepared as well for some of the EEG stuff or even improve their survival mentality for harder EG content.

Controllers just have to spec in to Dominance (for shield strength) and some more HP and incorporate shields in to their load outs.
    • Like x 1
  19. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Continued Feedback:

The skip cutscene terminal if you turn the cog it doesn't actually skip any cutscenes
  20. Josh6016 New Player

First boss "Greed" If you die and go back in to restart the instance, it does not restart. You can go to the balcony and start fighting him, but then you are not in the zone and he loops over and over again back to the balcony. If you try making him come to you then you are in the zone, but he stays on the balcony leaving you with no one to fight and being forced to leave the game just to get out, LOL
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.