Tell us what costume styles you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Daybreak cannot, and WILL NOT, get the rights from Warner Bros. to offer that movie style in-game. The Devs have stated a ridiculous number of times that they can ONLY get access to styles from the COMICS and GRAPHIC NOVELS published by DC Comics. So what we need is similar styles that have appeared in the comics themselves! Find them, and then post images here! ;)

In the meantime, I recently created a thread to discuss how best to recreate this movie costume in-game with the styles we DO have. You can find my thread by CLICKING HERE!

And that reminds me that I need to make another post in it myself tonight.
  2. FoolsFire Devoted Player

And if you look closely that is not a movie poster. It's an issue of a comic. Are you saying that costume is only going to be used for that one storyline, which by the way isn't a comic adaptation of the movie, and then never be used again?
  3. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

It's a tie-in comic for the movie, set in the continuity of the movie, so yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. Now IF DC Comics were to redesign the official comic book version of Dr. Fate to have an updated costume similar to the movie costume, the same as they did with Wonder Woman, then, and ONLY then, Daybreak Games would be able to ask DC about putting it in the game. That's why the in-game NPC version of Wonder Woman now looks so similar to Gal Gadot's WW, because DC updated her look in the comics to look more like the movie version, and so Daybreak was able to get permission to update the in-game character model to look the way she looks in the comics today, post-Rebirth.

But as for costumes appearing in the various movies and TV shows, those are considered the IP of Warner Bros. Studios and their subsidiaries (such as HBO Max and the CW) and they are OFF LIMITS to Daybreak Games. WB and the CW NUKED that bridge during the whole debacle regarding the Batman v. Superman Swag Bags and the TV Supergirl Exobyte Data for Player Characters. That's why those items were suddenly pulled from the Marketplace with NO advance warning and HAVE NEVER and WILL NEVER return to the game.
  4. Avelox Active Player

Let's get a Geo-Force style already!
    • Like x 1
  5. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I'm surprised I haven't even seen Geo-Force in the game as an NPC! Definitely overdue!
    • Like x 1
  6. Darkus Infinitus Level 30

What i'd love to see in a game like this, is a Costume Styled after a Dragon, cause Dragons are popular creatures in Chinese Mythology, & i'd love a Costume styled after a Dragon. I play on: Nintendo Switch - Server: US Switch
  7. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

There are styles in this game that you can use to make your character look like a Dragon-Man or Dragon-Woman!

Here's my take on an extraterrestrial dragon-man that's part of the Green Lantern Corps:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Key styles for a dragon-like look:

--Reptilian Skin
    --Any of the dragon-like wings in the game, there are several. I used the Runed Gargoyle Wings (used to be in the Marketplace, but I think now you get them from the Dr. Fate Vendor.)
    --Aegis of Azarath Feet
    --Demonic Tail Waist Style (available from the Dr. Fate Vendor.)

There's a couple different Head Styles that can work, I used the Alien Head Style (used to be in the Marketplace, now comes from Dr. Fate or another Vendor) for that more "not of this Earth" look. :cool:
  8. Mark662 New Player

I Want high heels for female, like business shoes stilettos and revert sorcery CoP fx, we can barely see it anymore
  9. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

A Superman Style like the Classic Champion Slimline would be appreciated. )

[IMG]
    Although I am sure any of these Super styles would be appreciated as well. ;)
    [IMG]
    • Like x 4
  10. Ambassador of Krypton Well-Known Player

Yeah, wait and hope...
    • Like x 2
  11. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Hope is like a river when you lose your keys...... or something like that. ;)
    • Like x 1
  12. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

Batman inc. emblem from the comic books...
    • Like x 1
  13. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

And you can STOP posting it every 3 days!

Looks like it's time for me to start reporting Spam Posts again! :rolleyes:
  14. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

Is there a bug up there, or are you always this rude? Find someone else to pick on, bub. I see you posting in nearly every thread, have I once made an ignorant comment to you? No, because I don't care what you have to say, Jack. YOU apparently are just looking to start trouble. Thanks for noticing me!

This is the second time you have condescended towards me and I am politely asking you to stop. I just found that one can ignore content on these forums of anyone they choose. Please, sir, add me to your ignore list and we can go about our merry ways. Good day.
  15. Kaladin Well-Known Player

Here's the issue, they can not use exact DC emblems without consent from the comics. Which means we will not be getting that batman emblem, or any of the other main ones, again any time soon. Its why they pulled the tv version of supergirl they had made out of the game. Its also why the BvS emblems cant be bought anymore, or the classic superman/batman emblems. Its all about copyrights.
  16. Ambassador of Krypton Well-Known Player

I think it looks more like it's time you start minding your own business. My god, whenever someone says anything, you're always there ready to judge and act like you are something more than just a user like any of us. Don't you have anything better to do than sticking your nose in something that is not your responsibility? Live and let live, for God's sake...
    • Like x 1
  17. Superman4E New Player

What’s the status on Capes with hoods? A great idea would be a Hood Accessory for the cape!
    • Like x 1
  18. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

Thank you for this.
  19. Ergotth Committed Player

I want high heels for males! My heroes have to right to be FABULOUS!
    • Like x 2
  20. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

From what I have gathered from reading several comments on this issue is that, with consent, they may only use subject matter from the comic books. The emblem I mentioned is direct from a comic book and graphic novel. It isn't from a property outside of the comics. Your examples are from film and TV. So I understand your point. The reason I mentioned this emblem several times is I unfortunately missed the Batman's 80th. Seeing as the inc. style is similar in nature but still separate from being identical and/or a direct copy, I still see it may one day have a chance of being added. I am sorry for those folks that missed the supes 80th and the bvs pack. I did acquire those and I am happy I did. I would be happier if I acquired the bat's 80th, but I digress.