I love DCUO so can you remove the stat clamp already?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by llllDeathstroke, Aug 21, 2022.

1. Proxystar #Perception

Yes I can when something has a reasonable lifespan

There's every reasonable chance this system simply outlives the life of this games very existence.

And if when or if it doesn't it can be easily tweaked, you're playing semantics you very well know this system and solution is as permanent as things get when it would take 30 years or more to even be twice as strong as we are today.

You might not like that level of progress, but let's not pretend like this is a bandaid simply because by that virtue you might have the strength to glitch a boss again 100 years from now on the current trajectory

It's a nonsense and the only reason you're attempting to suggest it's a band aid is because you're trying to paint a different picture by ignoring the context and actual details of the system by ignoring the actual particulars.

There's a greater chance this entire game would be reworked entirely or be dead before the system falls over.
    • Like x 1
  2. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

You know, that this game will eventually shut down, right? I don't believe it has enough lifespan left for power creep to become a major issue in clamped content. And if it does - we'll know ahead of time, because long time before stat piercing starts glitching bosses, lower tiers will become trivial again and people will stop complaining about the damn clamp.

Also - the clamp can be adjusted, so if the instances start breaking again due to fast burn - they can just tighten it. So yes - it's a pretty permanent solution, rather than a band-aid.
    • Like x 1
  3. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Oh yeah, those Augments that you progress for free literally by grinding up Gear, the Allies that continuously gain residual growth just by "logging in and killing stuff" and have that super-high Catalyst cost of Source Marks that you can grind infinitely now (while you're gaining Gear to grind up), or all the additional Nth Metal that was (Successfully) argued in as a requirement of Legendary restructuring... even the Nth Metal detectors are for sale on Fate now and you can get those as a Free member, no payment required.

I had 3.2 MILLION EXP to play with when the most recent XP week occurred. Sitting. In the bank. And all I did for four of the last six months was log in, collect stuff, and leave. Paying 200 bones to cobble together one artifact during the XP week is a choice you're making yourself these days, I spent a hundred bones once this year in March for two 200 Artifacts, and that was just me buying my yearly sub.

Now your comment looks more like "I demand progress be handed to me instantly without any effort or input on my behalf whatsoever".

You're not really strengthening your position.
    • Like x 3
  4. The Con Dedicated Player

I'm not going to pretend that the things that they created to give the impression of progress as they took away our natural progressed strength weren't designed to bring in money.

Now your comment looks more like "I don't mind shilling for the game".

You're not really strengthening your position.
    • Like x 2
  5. The Con Dedicated Player

And when the heck have I ever suggested anything like remotely like that??

Edit:
    Now your comment looks more like desperation.. and a flat out lie.

You're really not really strengthening your position.... really.
    :rolleyes:
    • Like x 3
  6. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

I hate to break to you, but this entire game was designed to bring in money. Welcome to capitalism, comrade.
    • Like x 3
  7. The Con Dedicated Player

Of course.... Trust me, I have spent plenty on this game... before the clamp.

That's not the issue.

I see supporting a game that I want to continue to play as a benefit for my future enjoyment.
    I don't mind spending money on a game that I'm enjoying.... as long as I don't feel like I'm being milked or fleeced.

When they create a specific monetized system to replace a system that isn't.... I see a red flag.
    • Like x 4
  8. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

They keep giving the ole strawman... that is when they aren't contradicting their own points.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  9. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Psst you gotta start every stat clamp complaining thread with I Love DCUO or For the love of Sod. Them's the rules
    • Like x 3
  10. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

I'm just being the Joker here, but I find it hysterical they are actually arguing for having all their progression taken and sold back to them. Even funnier is they are demanding everyone else be thankful for having their progression taken and sold back.

[IMG]

No, no please take it all... their like...

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  11. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

You do realize, that this is just a game for kids, right? Unless you're 8 years old and haven't discovered girls/boys yet - you're taking this "progression" thing way to seriously. :)
  12. LeatherJacket25 Well-Known Player

I still think old content shouldn’t take long for anybody. It’s old. It should be a breeze for everybody, it should be fun for those who enjoy that particular episode, to go back to that content, or new players to find and see if they like. But yeah the original post does make sense.
    • Like x 2
  13. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Which open world bosses are we unable to solo?
  14. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

And here I was thinking that it was just because pressing one button to win wasn't fun.

People on this game are ridiculous. They need the rewards for free, now, and with minimal effort. The developers actually need to put a leash on us because we can't even be trusted with our own entertainment.

The anti clampers are like a 300 pound kid that can't stop eating and resents his mother for portioning his meals and making him actually get up and do something. His lack of self control couldn't possibly be the issue here... after all, it does feel good to eat. How dare his mother prevent him from eating a whole cake and sleeping all day every day? Her rules are stupid and she needs to go. He'll be just fine accepting free handouts for the rest of his life. Who needs self respect, huh?
    • Like x 5
  15. the solowing Steadfast Player

Should it be a breeze for first time players? How many tiers should it be a breeze for? What do those new players experience if they are in for multiple breeze tiers?
    • Like x 2
  16. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

Dumbest anti-clamp thread yet.

Note the only two people to like OP's post. I'm surprised people haven't been insulted or gif'd into oblivion yet.
    • Like x 1
  17. Cyfaill Well-Known Player

From all that i said, you get the less important parragraph. About your question i've already answered it but it seems you don't remember, don't worry i'll quote myself again.
    Also, you say is not about oneshooting but it is about oneshooting as we can apreciate on your post:
    If you need somekind of an excuse we could say stat clamp is a way tor reflect the spirit of the comics, it's the same reason that Superman struggles fighting some thiefs so the authors can tell you a story (because Superman restrain himself or they use some kryptonite when Superman could have remove from Earth all kryptonite long time ago).

You talk about progression, let me suggest you to create a new character take it to some of the first alerts/raids, fight there and win, after that take your main character and fight on the same place again and see if there is a difference or not in progression.

But all of this doesn't matter because the truth is that you don't want to play the game, what you want is a path of golden bricks that allow you to walk from the beginning to the end without doing anything, like when i said that idea of the kiss emote (which is, by the way, a better solution than oneshooting because violence never is the solution, while love could be a solution).

Now, let's see if you are able to answer my quetion and important part of my previous post:
    I'm waiting for your answer.
  18. nawanda Loyal Player

The whole premise of this post is flawed. Source marks started being handed out at this level as a result of the introduction of the clamp. Presumably, were it ever to be removed, the extra opportunity to gain those source marks would be as well, and there would be a rebalance of the rewards system.

Players were able to progress quicker through extended gameplay long before the clamp.
    • Like x 3
  19. the solowing Steadfast Player

God i love the sight of watching the overton window shift on this subject.

Even Proxystar the ex-poster child on the anti-clamp movement. Is trying to talk sense into the anti-clamp side now.
    • Like x 1
  20. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

All those things that you claim they “created to sell back our stats” were in the game long before the clamp. How exactly did they create arts to sell back out stats when they were here first?