I love DCUO so can you remove the stat clamp already?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by llllDeathstroke, Aug 21, 2022.

1. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

That’s a terrible idea..

For players would be in EEG where their gear alone would make them feel “OP” and when reaching EG they learn that everything they did in EEG is now worthless because now what they thought they were doing right is actually wrong. And there is a difference between the clamp and your idea. With the clamp there is no “limit” as you claim. It had already been proven that there is progress. With your idea there is absolutely no progression.

Why work towards feats when your gear gives you your stats. Why level anything if you can just wait and have your gear carry you through content. Want to feel how elite players feel? Than actually try to improve instead of asking for gear to make you feel better than you are. And by you I don’t mean you specifically.
    • Like x 1
  2. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Keep your fingers off my stats!
    • Like x 4
  3. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Fair about is fair play. This is the way I feel right now, that everything I did in EG is now worthless.
    • Like x 2
  4. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

Except when a troll blues a boss. Restraint well & truly needed.
    • Like x 1
  5. Cyfaill Well-Known Player

I don't know if you are misunderstanding me or you want to misunderstand me.

I believe that the stat clamp is a better solution than to leave the game as it was before, when i say "until there is a better solution" i'm only saying it because everything in life can be improved.

Now let me ask you something, when you say "remove the stat clamp" are you giving a solution to the problem? Are you only asking to remove it and in time they'll find a solution? If, as i guess, it's the second option then stop, you are not helping at all you are only crying, so do you want be a person trying to help or not?

I have a silly idea since i'm a plant heroine they could do that if i use in game the emote 'kiss' [and due to my pheromones] all the enemies will friendly sit down and tie themselves and for the boss he will give a speech about how bad was his way of thinking, why should i fight when all enemies easily could do that? Just kidding but almost is more close to a solution than only saying "remove it", so i encourage you to try to think a solution and come to post it, something that could work and not something silly as my idea.

You know what, i got a better idea, why don't you ask to the devs to build a small instance full of dummies with CR 1 so you can enjoy oneshooting everything? That way you'll apreciate your overwhelming power while the rest can enjoy play the rest of instances.
    • Like x 2
  6. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Except nothing at all has changed in EG
    • Like x 2
  7. The Con Dedicated Player

Once again...

This is not about wanting to "oneshot" all of our enemies... It's about enjoying the benefits of natural progression.

Seriously, you don't think that after years of growth you shouldn't be able to one shot the gorillas on the beach?

Does every instance have to be the same gameplay years after playing those instances..... At a certain point, one SHOULD grow past the standard of an instance.

It's called progression. It's what the game used to be about.... when it was enjoyed played.
    • Like x 3
  8. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Did you just get all serious to a sarcastic answer? Hmm.
    • Like x 3
  9. Amoxin Well-Known Player

Did you expect any less?
    • Like x 1
  10. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Everything I did in EG is worthless now WHEN I go back into EEG content. Stats are clamped to a pre-determined upper limit and that is it, no more. Therefore, everything I have done in EG is now worthless in EEG.

I don’t care any more, you and others are deliberately trying to not understand or perhaps you do, and so you argue for your own twisted amusement at the expense of others. In a few weeks I will have a new DLC to play and I won’t ever have to step foot EEG or use Omni with it’s horrible UI ever again if I don’t want too.
    • Like x 5
  11. AJPro Committed Player

So stat clamping makes tired old content take as long as when new, make hard feat untenable, makes veteran players Not want to help or support noobs…blah blah blah.
    Stat clamp is here to stay Not because of gameplay but because of money.
    Source marks is the currency to buy stuff to level up Allies and artifacts. So if were not stat clamped we could breeze through old content and have plenty of source marks to sell catalyst/ alliance marks or Not buy marketplace (to avoid the time sucking grind of stat clamped content), etc.
    They have consistently nerfed rewards of old content that you can get through relatively quickly.
    Meaning the grindy and boring and noob vs. veteran environment is here to stay as long as the current source marks system is what it is, never loot locked and key to buying things that you either grind or can spend money to make your life easier.
    So we need to call an end to stat clamping but also need account bound catalyst and Alliance marks and finally loot locks like it used to be and is for newer content.
    Personally, i would gladly agree to all the above (and more honestly) to get rid of stat clamping but realize that stat clamping is NOT just about gameplay.
    Like their claim that it glitches raids does not explain why you will never be able to solo open world bosses now…makes no sense unless you combine the source marks issue….then it makes perfect sense.
    • Like x 2
  12. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Idk if it was just better programming or something... but EverQuest 2 was released 7 years before DCUO and their version of "clamp" is called Mentoring. Without activating said mentoring, all enemies over 10 level difference (higher or lower) turn "gray" and you receive no rewards from defeating them. Unless you "mentor down" to within that 10-level range. You can either self-mentor (clamp), or mentor another player in your group (brings you to their exact level, AND provides them a 15% XP increase), in order to do so and recieve rewards. My original point, about it possibly being a better programmed game, is they still allowed it all to be optional after all these years. You can run literally ANY content unclamped, still able to finish Quests and gaining Achievements, just no loot. EverQuest 2 would have been a better example when comparing games, especially since it also used to be SOE and now is Daybreak as well. Granted, it's not on console, but it's still an MMORPG run by the same corporation.
    My point? None really. Just figured if ppl are comparing MMOs I thought that games mentor system was worth mentioning. It worked wonders. I understand this game couldn't handle it though, unfortunately.
    • Like x 3
  13. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Not a single player is asking you to play EEG. If you don’t want to than don’t. That’s your choice. But I will also not sugarcoat things to spare your feelings. If you get upset or feel attacked that’s on you.

There is no upper limit. There’s a base (ground) limit and then you get more the more you work on your toon. You are choosing to not accept things. That’s on you.
    • Like x 1
  14. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Genuine question since I never played EverQuest. Do their achievements have stats associated with them (like how feats have SP).
    • Like x 1
  15. The Con Dedicated Player

[IMG]

Somebody's about to yell "NO COMPROMISE!!!"
    • Like x 2
  16. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Cause I asked a simple question? What was that you said before about others not having anything constructive to say being on your ignore list? Wonder how long before you add yourself to your ignore list.
    • Like x 1
  17. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Sorry what? Who said it was here because of money lol
    • Like x 1
  18. The Con Dedicated Player

They got to be pretending not to understand what you are saying.

Helen Keller would have seen what you posted and understood it.
    • Like x 3
  19. The Con Dedicated Player

Because... It doesn't take a military genius to know why you were asking that simple question.... and what your response would be if the answer was exactly what you were looking for....
    • Like x 2
  20. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Or.. or.. OR.. maybe I was actually curious if there would be some way that it could give for a middle ground? You cry a lot about people assuming about you or putting words in your mouth yet you sure do that a lot lol
    • Like x 1