Costume Recreation Challenge: Pierce Brosnan's Dr. Fate from Black Adam (2022)!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jack T. Chance, Sep 14, 2022.

1. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Because we will NEVER get an official in-game version of ANY movie styles for reasons that will NOT be explained in this thread, (so if you don't already know, and really need to know, use the game's SEARCH FUNCTION and look up "batman v superman emblem swag bag" and "legends supergirl" for more info) I'm laying down this Style Creation Challenge to our game's style gurus:

Do your best to accurately recreate Pierce Brosnan's Dr. Fate and post your screenshots in this thread along with the "recipe" of what styles you used!

Here's the best reference images I could find on the Interwebz:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Again, the name of the game here is ACCURACY and ATTENTION TO DETAIL! Don't just slap together a random Dr. Fate-inspired style and call it a day, make it as accurate to this movie costume as you can possibly get in-game with all the styles released to date.

Here's some things to get you started:

--You'll obviously need either the Fate's Faith Head Style, or the Nabu's Chosen Head Style. Which one you use I leave up to you.
    --You'll need the Gold Material (found in the Champions Materials Pack available from both the Marketplace, and the Loyalty Vendor for console players) so you can get rid of the glowing eye holes, as the movie helmet has no eye holes.
    --You'll need the Ankh Emblem (Available both at Character Creation, and from the Character Creation Styles Vending Machines in the Watchtower and the Hall of Doom.)
    --You'll need the Two-Tone Capes Pack available from the Dr. Fate Vendor in the Hall of Legends.

And GO! ;)
    • Like x 3
  2. Ryll Committed Player

A friend of mine sent me this thread via discord.

A contest with no timeline or prizes?

Seems like you want someone to make a style for you to make in game...which is fine...but if thats what you want come out and say it lol.
    • Like x 2
  3. UT Firefly Well-Known Player

4. Ryll Committed Player

[IMG]

head: nabus chosen
    face: none
    shoulders: hawks edge
    back: classic 2 toned
    chest: arcane
    hands: ancient divine sorceress
    waist: nabus chosen
    legs: angelic
    feet: avatar of ophidian

scale chroma 1 applied to chest and legs. no other materials used.
    • Like x 3
  5. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

The New Costume Contest Thread has never had any prizes, either! Just acclaim from other players for a style well made! ;)
    • Like x 2
  6. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

We found ourselves thinking similarly, but I lack the Nabu's Chosen Waist Style and the Scale Chroma, so I went a little different route...

here's what I've got so far:

[IMG]

--Head = Nabu's Chosen (but honestly, I like the Fate's Faith one better for this outfit, even with the ginormous fin. The more alien, menacing appearance and the added sculpted detail fit better for this version of Dr. Fate, so I'm probably gonna switch it to that one)
    --Chest & Legs = Scuba, due to that set having that subtle pattern on it that matches up well for modern movie and TV superhero costumes while still being subtle, unlike the Scale Chroma.
    --Waist = Fate's Faith
    --Shoulders = Hawk's Edge
    --Feet = Stalwart Defender (a place holder until I find something better)
    --Hands = One of the Classic styles from Character Creation, another place holder.
    --Cape = Classic Two-Toned, naturally
    --Aura = Gold Runic Hand
    --Accessory = Mystical Ankh of Nabu, naturally! ;)
    --Materials = Gold. So far, that's the only one I've used on this.
    • Like x 3
  7. Eve YouTuber

Ohh I love these threads! I will try put something together tomorrow on my male character. xP Great job so far!
    • Like x 1
  8. Tolly Committed Player

the helmet of the movies leaves me extremely perplexed, I really wonder what kind of appreciation it will give by looking at this visual strangeness throughout the movies...

And yet, with the helmet we are used to, I have no worries!
    • Like x 1
  9. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Kinda still waiting on yours! ;)

Here's mine with some updates. Switched the Helm to the Fate's Faith one, even with the ginormous fin, it just looks more fitting for this Dr. Fate to my eyes.

[IMG]

Also switched the Hands and Feet to Miraculous to try to get something a little more interesting and "magical" looking going on, but they still don't look very much like the boots and gloves in the movie. :oops:

The quest for better styles continues....
    • Like x 2
  10. Eve YouTuber

[IMG]
    I have genuinely forgot. xD I will try but no promises
    • Like x 1