Question on the 'warp to' event location not having a timer...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Reinheld, Oct 4, 2022.

1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

So I know the timer has been buggy in the past, with being off a day, or even more. And as this was a new event that I don't think had an 'end' date when it was announced originally (I might be remembering that wrong), maybe a timer was not built into it when it started.

However, as there is still no announcement in game of the event's end, the warp to countdown is a good idea of when the event is over, for those that don't use twitter or facebook or the forums. Yeah...yeah...that's on them, but shouldn't there be some warning that an event is ending in game...especially as this one has no track record as of yet.

It's not a huge deal, but just kind of wondering if we will be doing away with them for future events as well?
    • Like x 2
  2. JasonIsley Devoted Player

It said the 5th.
    • Like x 1
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

As I said, I couldn't recall. I know the 'announcement' in the 'current events' thread just had a start date. It's been updated since to include the 5th end date.

Either way...still nothing in game.
    • Like x 1
  4. Dene Devoted Player

i agree - it's just a nice extra layer of reminder lol
  5. JasonIsley Devoted Player

they will live i think
    • Like x 1
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Really? I figured it was life or death.;)

Maybe that's why I mentioned 'It's not a huge deal' in the original post. Was just asking because for the last few years, for events, we've had one...I suppose this could be a one off change due to the event being new or maybe they are doing away with it.

I do know some people rely on it as a given...there will be a counter. If that's going away...no problem...People will just not have it to rely on anymore.
    • Like x 2
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Hasn't the counter been bugged for almost every seasonal because they keep forgetting to adjust it? This has lead to many confused players because the announced end date and the in-game timer don't always match up. If they intentionally left the timer off perhaps they've come to the conclusion an in-game timer is more trouble than it's worth?
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah. I could see that. However, it's been more reliable the last few events where it showed up, so I figured they had the bugs worked out.
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

I'm unsure why we didn't have the end date set in the game, and will follow up.

One thing that does prevent us from always having this on (for now) is when different servers have different dates going for an event. This wouldn't have impacted homecoming, but it will impact the witching hour.
    • Like x 4