Fixed Hair rendering through ALL headpieces since update

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Forum Junkie, Sep 10, 2022.

1. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

Mepps posted this when the past update went live:

Character Detail
    Now affects Pedestrians
    Doubled the distance that character shadows render
    Doubled the distance that characters' hair, capes, and auras render
    Distance-based detail now uses the distance from the player's camera, rather than distance from the player's character
    Tweaked all distance scaling to account for the slightly higher average distance due to this change
    Increased the amount of non-cape cloth physics allowed on characters near the player

This, somehow, has created a problem with hair clipping through ALL head gear, when it is not a feature of the style. This creates some unwanted looking appearances.

Also, since the update, on a different note, while in a menu and returning a chat, the chat text is being duplicated and double posted. This occurs while any menu is open.

Please address with a quick fix!

Thanks
    • Like x 5
  2. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

This is still a problem. Please address.
    • Like x 1
  3. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

Fix this problem. I am currently looking at someone with the Gotham outlaw headpiece and their Ra's al Ghul hair is clipped right through the helmet. You have bugged the hair styles by increasing the distance they render. Now they render through ALL head styles. It is ridiculous.
    • Like x 1
  4. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

Posting photos from mobile on here are a nightmare...
    • Like x 1
  5. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

Another guy here with the future crusader helmet with spiky hair clipping through it. Like the post so it gets upvoted!!!! You may not see it on your character but believe you me, it is happening to you!
    • Like x 2
  6. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Is this on PC? One of the Consoles? And which Server? US? EU? :confused:
    • Like x 1
  7. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

PS4/PS5 US
    • Like x 1
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We have identified the issue here and will work to address it.
    • Like x 6
  9. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

Thank you very much.
    • Like x 1
  10. SupermanJSH New Player

I noticed this too playing on pc (the hair glitch) started after the last update it hasn’t effected my characters just some of the statues in our league hall and a few other players I’ve seen in world or during a instance it doesn’t show up in cut scenes just when in play glad to know I’m not the only one seeing it.
    • Like x 2
  11. Crowman Active Player

I noticed too about this issure. Maybe many hair style looks fine on this bug, but... not all. I mean like a Girly long hair looks perfect when surpass the helmed, but see a player with a perfect healm with spikes like a headgehog looks terrible. Please fix it bug and other reported recently.
    • Like x 1
  12. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

Looking forward to this fix. I have been removing hair from all of my styles to make sure I don't look like my hair burst through my helmet/cowl/hood. Been seeing some really wild hair/head styles lately!
    • Like x 1
  13. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

Status on this? Hope there's progress.
  14. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

Still clipping
  15. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Dude, it says it right there: IN PROGRESS! Some fixes take longer than others. Some glitches are harder to track down than others, and some fixes require more complicated programming to fix than others. They're working on it. In the meantime, temporarily set your Hair to NONE. It's not like you NEED a hair selection when your character's wearing headgear, unless it's headgear designed to leave most of your hair showing!
  16. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

Relax. DUDE.
  17. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Bump. While I don't see it happening on my characters, I do see the hair rendering on other people's characters, which means mine's probably look bad on their screen. PS4 btw
  18. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Yeah, I've been seeing it lately and it always seems to happen to the toons around me. Although once I logged onto a PC toon to help a PS4 toon get the Keep It Safe feat in Supply Lines and....

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This issue is now fixed internally. We expect it to make it live in the game update after next.
    • Like x 6
  20. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This is fixed with today's update.
    • Like x 1