New too address "Skill Points"

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ranes24, Sep 28, 2022.

1. Ranes24 New Player

New player here on xbox, and its impossible too get too top skill points. How as a game conpany restrict new players and make it impossible too progress in your game.

When i joined a league, i asked how too get fast skill points they laughed and said good luck it takes 2 weeks+ "if some is actually on too grind feats with you".

In conclusion this game is a waste of time i was gonna buy a subscription but its not worth it if it will take me a 1+ year too catch up with people.
    • Like x 2
  2. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Sorry, but that's how MMORPGs are. They're about grinding and putting loads of time in. If that's not your thing or you just don't have the time to sink into it, then this just isn't the kind of game for you, which is perfectly fine. If you would like to give some details as to what sorta games you want and are into and have time for and have the systems for, maybe we could help you find something that's right for you. Can focus on F2P, if that's important.
    • Like x 4
  3. Eve YouTuber

Exactly that. I can understand that population on other servers can be a issue at times, but It's still all about grinding and working towards making your character stronger and better. It sounds like the OP was expecting to be handed everything, I might be wrong. So he can be at end game as soon as he wants. Two weeks is not even bad, and if your league isn't willing to help, perhaps looking for a better league is your best option if you are still looking to play.
    • Like x 3
  4. Amoxin Well-Known Player

I was going to say how much do they expect in two weeks? Even hard core grinding, I doubt you're going to get to the 600+ mark. There's just too many feats that are massive time sinks. I don't know how much you can expect just getting the quick and easy ones either. Plus, all you're getting is carried, you won't know anything about the character or how to play so what good are the SP's going to do at that point.
    • Like x 3
  5. nawanda Loyal Player

Download an 11 year old MMO and expect to be top of the skill points board in under a year. Really?
    • Like x 4
  6. GermanM Committed Player

How much time do you have playing and how many sp do you have right now?
    • Like x 1
  7. BumblingB I got better.

2+ weeks is impressive. I would say to get to a comfortable spot, probably around 6 months to a year. To get into a higher level of SP, you are looking at a couple of years.

Note, you can accelerate this a bit more by opening your wallet and buying time capsule stabilizers.

Good luck, but yeah... This game has a skill point grind, but I do think the artifact grind is worse. Especially since you don't need 700+ SP to play the game, but you really need to have a few artifacts to at least 120-160 to be comfortable.
    • Like x 5
  8. GermanM Committed Player

Artifact´s lvl´s can be obtain fast if people open their wallet´s too xD

In my opinion, unless youré planing to do elite soon, you can do fine (But not perfect) with only 200sp, that + some decent artifacts would help you a lot in regular content.
    • Like x 1
  9. Leonite Well-Known Player

This ^

Skill points are more important to support roles so I advise the OP to focus (emphasis on focus) on dps until you have enough skill points to run in desired support role. At low SP, you will definitely be carried by other/better dps and that's alright. If you try to go tank or healer with low SP, it will be tougher for the group, still doable but tougher because there's usually only one support role of any type in a group unlike the dps role.
    • Like x 2
  10. SteelMachineZero Well-Known Player

I’m sure sooner or later the dev team will make skill points even less important than they are now, Heck I wouldn’t be surprised if they did away with skill points all together, They have dumbed down the game to the point that Disney’s Mickey’s island adventures is more of a challenge. And really SP don’t matter anymore so I wouldn’t worry about them. Just spend the money on artifacts and you’ll be top of the score board, that’s how it really works here.
    • Like x 1
  11. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

I'd say just run a lot of Omnibus content will help. Since you're not EndGame level yet anyways you probably have to run a bunch of content to get Source Marks and increase your CR thru gear drops in the meantime. You'd be surprised how many feats you'll pop just from doing content you haven't done before on a low SP toon. Then as you start to get to that over 300+ hill I'd pay attention to what feats are obtainable first to you and not worry right now about feats that may be too hard at the moment. You also have to be aware when you run stuff. You can get things done in Open World and Raids but it's best to be on in the prime time hours of your server like in the afternoon to late evening on a Thursday when Weeklies reset. Otherwise trying to run stuff like early morning or late night on Tuesday will have less results. Oh and opening a lot of capsules help too so I'd save Stabilizers for when Resurgence Capsules are up to get as much feats you can from them. Best of Luck in your SP hunting
    • Like x 2
  12. Inattentive New Player

best advice I can give is focus on collections, emblems, and styles, grind content to gain stuff to put on broker to make cash, use cash to buy emblems, use SM to buy all styles in HoL. That'll get you pretty far, but its definitely a grind. The movement skill races in Metro and Gotham are a solid source of feats as well.
    • Like x 2
  13. GermanM Committed Player

Artifacts are like a 30% or 35% of the damage of player´s, and im not considering Swaping, im just talking about the basico setup (Trans, Strat and, Solar or Quislet or another)
    Sp are like the 10% of player potential, maybe a little more, but artifact´s are the king´s of this game now.
  14. GermanM Committed Player

Agree, you have to play a lot and enjoy all the content this game have.
    • Like x 1
  15. Plowed In Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  16. Hraesvelg Always Right

I understand the frustration involved with having expectations not met. This is why I've found that when one experiences something in life, its best to enter into it with as few expectations as possible and either enjoy it, or not, based on what it is, not what I want it to be.

This helps in more than just video games.
    • Like x 3
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

There was a guy in another thread that said you could be about there in 6 months if you are a 'basement dweller'....so I wonder where people are getting that expectation. Not here I'd say.
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

You aren't wrong about Artis being more important (past the first 170 or so SP for crits/preimary stat), I'd expect them to go on sale before going away. SP is a cash cow, in TC sales and replays. Would anyone buy most TCs if feats/SP weren't attached? Start a new alt and buy 600+ SP? Get that credit card out, cause you are looking at $150+ worth of replays, even before you touch those Artis for another few 100$. And with the increased time it takes to get some of the grindier ones, like bounties or random checklists/counts...I'd 100% see that as a stepping stone to 'feat packs' in the MP.

And of course, that would set us up for future even grind-ier feats where the 'feat pack' would look more and more attractive vs 30-50 hours of grinding something out (like WV/LLL bounties). Heck...I might even be goaded into buying some of those.

And what's wrong with Mickey's Island adventures?....my 5 year olds loved that game. Oh...yeah...they were 5.;)
    • Like x 2
  19. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

The trick is to just keep grinding.

As others have pointed out skill points aren't the end all determining factor in how strong your character gets. I forget the exact number but once you have around 350 they become more about bragging rights than anything else.

People tend to forget but the game is made up as we go along. This why things might seem uneven. a ten point feat for something that can take months to achieve, a fifty point feat for easily completing a style or collection feat with nothing to go on in between.

Bluntly put we have a lot of noobs running around right now. There is a sea of people who don't know what to do and there is so much to do it's overwhelming. Best you focus on the feats you can achieve and just go with the flow.
    • Like x 3
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Does the 'enjoyment' of the content go up or down when you are forced to repeat it more than you would have by choice? I know I enjoy something more when its forced on me. "woo...that run of Nexus was fun....lets do it again 20 or 30 more times!" said no one ever.

And yeah...no one is 'forcing' you to get SP...but if you ARE going to go for SP, yeah...it's not an option for many feats...repeat runs are built into the equation. And it doesn't make any of it more enjoyable.
    • Like x 1