Polymorph and Horrific Visage and the Death of PvP

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Superpatriot, Mar 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skabs New Player

Um, I can't believe I'm going to say this but I somewhat um, agree with this thread. What makes this funny is that I am probably one of the um, people who p'd off SP and pushed him over the edge in the first place (woof woof) j/k.

I have been playing sorcery almost exclusively since launch and there currently is a problem with dogging (and ghosting) which simply did not exist before. Originally it was so easy to break out of dog form that I personally didn't feel it was really worth doing intentionally unless I was trying to dispatch a watcher or to waste my opponents power by forcing him to breakout. Now, regardless if you have the power to breakout or not, your staying in dog form for the duration of the lag. Not 100% sure of this but it seems to me to be worse in 5v5s and 8v8s.

I really don't know what the real intention of this PI was and maybe some input from the devs could help clear things up a little. If it was intended that the subject of the dogging (or ghosting) be able to break out immediately so long as he had power to do so then its broken. If the intent was to disable an opponent for a minimum amount of time, then maybe its not as broken as we think. One thing I do know is that I have experienced lag with arbiter and wolf so there is a precedent in regards to lagging transformations.

If it is not working as intended due to the limitations of the PS3 why not change dogging to let's say an animation where the subject gets down on their knees to beg (already in game) for forgiveness from the gods while maintaining the other aspects of dogging.

Cheers

PS to Superpatriot. There really is no need to include a life size wallpaper in your signature. Please tone it down a little. How about something somewhat close to forum guidelines.
    • Like x 2
  2. April Fool New Player

These Animations Suck I For One Hate The Central City Trinket's Transform Animation It's Why I Don't Use It Anymore It Stops Me Dead In My Tracts And If I'm Solo Healing Gates Or Unpaid Or Something People Can Die And It Sucks Because That Cure You Do With The Trinket Is Pretty Powerful If You Have The Resto For It I Remember When It First Came Out I Could Crit a Single Person For 4,000 Health But They Gimped It And Now Its About The Same As A Normal Heal.
  3. 478874 Dedicated Player

Interesting question...
  4. Radium Devoted Player

Its really not, compare this to the PC version and its a world of difference. Just a normal CC effect.

PS3 players wouldn't use this as much as they are if it wasen't for the immese lag that occurs with transformations.
  5. 478874 Dedicated Player

Yeah, it was rhetorical, though there is no immunity to it like most other CC effects, at least not the poly if done in the right cycle of powers.
  6. Jerick New Player

Not a lot of people were sorcery or mental in PvP before the DLC Hometurf, but with the new mod Weakening Field (reduce 30% control resistance) that came with the DLC people started switching to take advantage of the reduced control resistance.

So why not remove weakening field instead of removing those two power interactions, or give tanks more powers that increase control resistance of the group. Make tanks choose between more damage or more control resistance. They can also make the duration of transformation lag more constant.

Removing polymorph and ghosting will greatly weaken both classes cause cc effect are one of the main points of both class. If they ever remove these powers they should replace it with effective juggles like what other classes have.
    • Like x 1
  7. Purple Ace New Player

Everyone knows SP and I don't agree on a lot of things. But he is 100% correct. Take a look at each of the following videos I linked.

These are our 2 season matches against HHI, one of the first teams to really use the cc effects. Notice how our first game we do not have a mental or a sorcery and how close the game is due to their cc from ghost and dog. Now look at the second one when our troller and healer switched to mental and sorcery respectively. Notice how they are blown out. All because we switched to that setup. The first HHI game was the 2nd time we had played a team with cc and we were just put over the top. Now that we switched I promise you we do it better than anyone. IT'S COOKIE CUTTER AND NEEDS TO BE CHANGED. I hate that we had to do this but we didn't want to risk losing the season because of this.

Also this is a ps3 issue and I'm not 100% sure how to fix this. I think the community on the ps3 could easily get together and just ban the ghost. The reason I say that is because mental is really beast without it pvp trolling wise and dps wise. Dogging takes slightly more skill so I'm ok with that.

Just my two cents.
    • Like x 2
  8. Purple Ace New Player

Mental has more cc than any class to begin with. It doesn't need the ghost especially when this is a huge issue for ps3 pvp.
  9. FeelsGood New Player

Devs already mentioned PvP arenas is where you have fun with your toon. Legends is where you play if you want to be competitive. Although the majority of the PvP doesn't accept this. I suggest those who want a real fighting experience start looking at injustice
  10. Jerick New Player

I don't know much about mental but I do know that people don't play the class. they should make it a viable option.
  11. Jerick New Player

Legends is like chess. It is fun at start then it gets boring. When and where did they mention this.
  12. Femto Well-Known Player

humm without horrific visage there would be no point in calling it the illusions tree would it for the most part , it's like saying gadgets has the best burst damage so nerf it and its great clipping capabilities which im not saying but for example, don't blame the power blame the programming and the people that flock to the FotM
  13. Radium Devoted Player

The duck speech.
  14. Jerick New Player

Meaning?
  15. Femto Well-Known Player

it's bad enough I can't even dps pvp anymore without glitching everyone out , don't mess with my troll capabilities
  16. Radium Devoted Player

Meaning the way Developers envision the Arena PvP in the game is not the way players do.

Players want to look at arenas and see it pure with no interference from PvE content or gimmicks.
    Heres the quote:
    "I still scratch my head at this reasoning. I'm not trying to be confrontational at all, because I value the players who love our PvP, but I feel I have to point something out here.
    Please look at the game at launch, and tell me where you get the notion that there was ever parity between PvE and PvP content. We have always had much more PvE content in the game and it has always been our major focus for DCUO. We love PvP and our PvP community, but that doesn't mean it will become more than a component of a larger game. We want to support PvP as it has become popular (not as popular as PvE, but popular) but we will continue to add to the game in ways that include both in varying degrees.
    Again, not trying to be confrontational, just trying to look at the duck and say, "Hey, that's a duck." Some people seem to be looking at the duck and saying "Hey, that's an eagle." It makes the conversation difficult to have because we're looking at the same thing in two entriely different ways."
  17. Jerick New Player

Thanks for the definition but, I can't find where he said that legends is the competitive part of pvp. I only read the part where he said that they are more focus on PvE, which is fine with me.
  18. Radium Devoted Player

Well to be truthful I was referring more to the Arenas aspect of the quote, not the Legends.
    But in my own opinion, it is regardless. It`s much more balanced than Arenas is and makes for better competitive play (minus the marketplace toons). This whole topic stems from competitive Arena pvp being unbalanced with exploiting the quirks we have on PS3.

But in defense of Legends, it should be noted though that the only official tournament that SOE has ever had was a Legends PvP one.
  19. Purple Ace New Player

Mass terror, menace, thought bubble, phantom flames, tk, tendrils, the list goes on. Not to mention it has one of the best damage supers in the game in bolt barrage. Also terrorize is a viable 35% with the fact that it stuns as well.
  20. 478874 Dedicated Player

Legends? I like legends as much as the next guy but it's just like running all DPS. It's a nice component to the game but if I wanted to run a game with pre-made characters with no roles, I'd just as soon play your traditional fighting game. Let's not pretend like Legends is suppose to be the paradigm of PvP in this game.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.