Note to DEVS....pssst. Some people are color blind.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Reinheld, Sep 11, 2022.

1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

So I was with a few people knocking out Homecoming feats and we had a guy in our group working on his 'perfect' feat for doing the games right. I was lamenting that on a controller, doing the drones was the hardest and he said "no...the dance game is the hardest". I said "huh? it's the easiest...I got it on the first try"...to which he replied "yeah, but are you color blind"? No...no I am not, but he is.

So A) I went and did the dance game and he got his 'tick' for the feat, then B) we took a few shots at getting the drone one done, as well as some of the counts needed. Got that too after a few tries. I'd still say it would be easier with a mouse, but the point is moot now...he got it on controller.

Just saying....Green O's and Red X's would have worked as well for the game.
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I thought there was a color blind section in the settings. I am not colorblind so I never looked to much into it but could have sworn there was an option there. If not than there really should be since most modern games offer this option.
    • Like x 2
  3. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Test Server Hotfix - August 22, 2022 | DC Universe Online Forums (daybreakgames.com)

Maybe they didn't think of red/green?
  4. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

I actually raised this issue when it was still on the test server, so I can claim the purple tile is thanks to me.
    That being said, I don't have colour blindness myself, so I can only provide so much perspective to make it more accessible.
    If your friend would be so kind to share his PoV (alongside which specific condition he has, since it's not a one size fits all scenario), I'm sure the devs will be willing to hear it.

• Like x 2
  5. Miranda31 Well-Known Player

My partner is red/green colour blind and a gamer and he continually has problems with poor game design in this regard. I haven't asked him whether he tried the dance squares but X's and O's would definitely have been better.
    • Like x 1
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, I'm not color blind myself, but when I asked my buddy he made it seem like the difference between the colors was almost non existent...enough he could not do the test successfully.

It's nice they took a few steps to try and correct it, but a different shape probably would have done more.

At least they made it so groups could share the credit. Worst case, there is always that option. It worked for the Strykers Island 'race' game for all those years (not sure how many people I carried through that one), so it's good it works here too.
    • Like x 2
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Never played with the option myself. I'll ask him if I speak to him tonight and see if he's tried anything like that option.
    • Like x 1