Dev Discussion Homecoming Seasonal (Alert & Titans Island Open World)

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by JackFrost, Sep 8, 2022.

1. JackFrost Developer

We're excited to present our new seasonal event: Homecoming!

When you log in, you should get a mission/communicator message from either Starfire or Terra leading you to Titan's Island, where there are a couple of new daily missions: one centered around three carnival mini-games, and one centered around Tamaranean invaders.

Continuing on, there is a new 4-player Seasonal Alert: Party at Titans Tower!

Please use this thread to discuss any feedback you have about anything related to the new Homecoming Seasonal content, whether it's bug reports or general feedback.

Thanks for your continued support of DCUO, and we hope you enjoy this new seasonal content!
    • Like x 2
  2. SilkyPawz Bunny

Hello,

Ran the Homecoming Seasonal Event, The Alert doesn't show up till you do the open world missions, there is No Roleless buff in the seasonal alert and the alert isn't giving prestige like other seasonals.

Thank you
    • Like x 4
  3. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    The Turret Shooting Mini-Games feels like it is the worst of the three. Your #1 attack has too long of a cooldown time to be able to shoot all of the drones that spawn. The #2 attack is extremely short range and seems to only affect enemies that are literally right on top of you.

Maybe this mini-game could be fun with some adjustments.
    • Like x 1
  4. Eve YouTuber

May I ask...why are there no male tamaranean soldiers? This isn't like Themyscira, Tamaran has both men and women. (Just story wise it seems abit off to me)

Game wise I only did one of them (Scooch one) and I am so happy I could complete it at one go. The colors are easy on the eyes too, so well done on that. Thanks so much (I said it in stream chat too) for adding Donna & Cassie. It means alot to me that they are there! (Plus it makes sense cause Donna and Starfire are like BFF and Cassie is also a Titan...)

I hope maybe next year we can get a new game? in addition to what we have now. Just to not make it another dry seasonal. And this is a feedback for all seasonals. If a small new quest (Like Mera with Valentine's Event) can be added over time, it would go a long way to make the seasonal more fun.
    • Like x 1
  5. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Next year can we get a Starfire and/or Blackfire set? I could really use it for my character that's essentially just an inverse Starfire.

And maybe some kind of Tamaranean cultural base items? Maybe even Syl'khee as a base pet now that we have him? I also find the lack of Bart/Kid Flash weird since we finally have Jaime through this event and they're such buds, I feel like Bart should be here with his BFF. There are a few other Titans not present that are in the game like Tim, but I get how it can easily get.... very crowded if we involve EVERYBODY. But I do feel like Bart should be here just so he and Jaime are together.
  6. JackFrost Developer

Sorry, I thought I had fixed the first issue you called out, and will look into the other ones. Thanks for the feedback!

Edit: I previously fixed it in one place, so you are able to queue for the Alert from the Custom Play section of On Duty, but am fixing the issue where the queue doesn't show on the Quick Play section. Sorry I missed that!
    • Like x 3
  7. JackFrost Developer

I'll bump up the radius a bit and reduce the cooldown a bit. I wanted that second option, for when the drones get close, but I didn't want it to be the go-to "I win" ability. Thanks for the feedback!
    • Like x 1
  8. JackFrost Developer

Hey! We would have loved to include Tamaranean males for this event, but we couldn't squeeze it in the timeline with the other new characters we needed (Blackfire, Blue Beetle, the female Tamaraneans, and the Superboy refresh). Maybe sometime down the road, but no promises!

As for another minigame next year, same situation... we'd like to, but it's hard to commit to that right now (and is largely out of my hands).

Glad I could get those others in the content, even if they're just hanging out. Cheers!
    • Like x 2
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I noticed that on one of the bowling (as I call it) mini games there’s a small issue with the rolling boulder not spawning. Since it happens when I aim parallel to the ground I assume it has to do with collision and the boulder register the ground as a wall and exploding immediately. I further believe this since aiming higher as to lob the boulder doesn’t lead to the same issue.
  10. SilkyPawz Bunny

Great, Thank you for taking the time to respond,
    • Like x 1
  11. LeatherJacket25 Well-Known Player

Yeah the male Tamaranean thing doesn’t make sense. Why go through all of this and not make it perfect?

Hope to see better base items in the future. The current base items are well made but what are they for? It’s a feat that I really don’t want to spend my currency on.
  12. Stranger Well-Known Player

Is it intended that Superboy has his old style in Kandor Central Tower? And other old instances.
  13. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Extremely trivially, why is the helicopter on top of Titans Tower no longer pick-up-able in this instance? It's fun to play with it, throw it around, drop it, etc.
  14. LeatherJacket25 Well-Known Player

Why did we need the Superboy refresh yet? Wonder Girl didn’t get one. Terra didn’t get one?
  15. Reluctant Well-Known Player

Is cyborg missing?
  16. Stylo New Player

These mini games feel like a chore already, there should be at least a score board to add some competition and extra rewards for high scores
  17. Damon Clau New Player

I've had the lobbed/overhand one fail to spawn on the slanted platforms if I'm not aiming significantly higher then the slope of the platform. The rolled/underhand shots worked just fine for the angles that the overhand failed on.

onto the other games feedback...

Really liked how intuitive the Scooch game was. Only took three times to get a perfect score probably because of lag, I assume so at least because I was visually centered on that platform before I popped sideways and got launched.

Turret game is... well I've had games where the arrows were clearly detonating multiple targets and others where they only ever hit one target even when they are literally touching each other. Fairly fun game, the close range aoe is nice, but I rarely used it because I have no good way of gauging when targets are in range of it.

Finally the mission prompt to go into the titans tower is a bit counter intuitive as it assumes that we know we have to use the "on duty" tab for this. I actually looked for a portal because I'm standing on the bloody tower and it seems fairly obvious it should have an access door.
  18. PrincessBunny Well-Known Player

Any Update on the Roleless Buffs? Big question When does the Homecoming Event End? it is not listed anywhere? I was wondering since you need like 400+ tickets or homecoming currency to finish all items from the vendor.
  19. JackFrost Developer

I believe the Roleless buff fix should be in the next hotfix which I think is going out this evening. Please let me know if it's not in after the next hotfix. Sorry about the delay on that one!
    • Like x 3
  20. JackFrost Developer

He's off doing other Justice League stuff, but is hanging out with his Titans pals virtually via hologram. Lemme know if his hologram's not showing up in the Alert for some reason.
    • Like x 1