I love DCUO so, can you remove the junk Omni box collections already?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Reinheld, Sep 8, 2022.

1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

What? This isn't how we make post titles now?;)

But...really, can we get things like the HOP1 collections removed? Besides the fact they hold 0 value so are really 0 'reward'...if you really need them, just run 1 run of Necro/Arti/Lockdown/Breach and you'll get the full collection probably a few times over.

The ones from Gotham Under siege are almost as bad, but at least there is a shot at 'Splintered Spear' in there. Long shot...but still it's in there. The rest...junk.

About 1/2 the aug catalysts can go too. Even if people are still grinding out the old adaptives, most are dirt cheap in the broker or available for cheap on the ep vendors.:)

But seriously....pull the HOP1 collections out of the loot table if nothing else. Or change it to 5 exo-material or something. The only reason I still run Omni (and I'd guess I'm not alone) is for this box...if the majority of what is pulled out of it is junk, why run?
    • Like x 7
  2. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Maybe because not everyone is inclined to run that content or just hasn't had the chance to run that content, which might spark some interest in going there. Getting some of those collection pieces has gotten me to check into what the collections give as a reward and at least hitting the broker to see what else is available.

And what is or isn't junk can be in the eye of the beholder. I could live without some of the episode catalysts dropping, and it wouldn't surprise me if there are folks who look at the gear as junk because they're either maxed out or already have all the styles.
    • Like x 3
  3. Amoxin Well-Known Player

As someone who has come back recently, I like getting those pieces too because then it reminds to check out those collections to see how easy it would be to complete. Also, some of them sell for a pretty penny on the broker. And as far as junk gear goes, it all breaks down to exobytes in the end.
  4. Jcal Dedicated Player

Please stop. >_<
    • Like x 1
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

That's possible I suppose. However, as most of these are also available in the broker for very little cash, couldn't you also just look in the broker and see some collections you are missing entirely? I mean really...if you want them I'll send you them vs deleting them next time.

I mean waiting to fall upon a single collection to spark your interest in getting the rest of the collection is probably not the most effective way of finding new things. What if you never got that single collection to start the chain reaction?
  6. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Well, it can be easy to miss collections. Some style items listed in the feats come from collections but I don't know offhand if many (or any) of them list what collection the item comes from. Plus overlooking collections in the episode feat lists can happen, especially if it's older content and it rewards an OP item that isn't OP for your character anymore.

Add in that collections you don't have aren't listed in the collections section in the same way that feats are listed and it can end up as an "out of sight, out of mind" situation.
    • Like x 1
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

The junk gear is fine, but I'd guess is not the main draw for running the omni missions. You can get a single piece of gear running anything including a 90 second solo. I'd guess most people run the mission to collect the box and few marks, with the bigger draw a shot at an expensive/rare collection....and no...'broken feeler' or 'beard comb' do not sell for much. The most expensive HOP1 collection is the 'Mementos of Mr Miracle' one, and I don't believe that set is in the omni loot table....if so it's WAY out of proportion to the 2 worthless ones.

So maybe 'balance' would be better than removal...sure. Maybe a review of how much chance a junk collection has vs one that might be worth something (money or as an item someone might need).

And if you want to complete those 2 cheap ones, run Necro or Arti 1 or 2 times....job done.
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Again...take a peek in the broker....I put up 4 of these for a buck each last night. Bam...that collection is now on your list.
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

BTW....I don't REALLY care if these are in there all that much. Out of all the frustration in this game today, these just seemed like something easy to address by looking at the loot table. It was more a suggestion to make the Omni boxes a bit better and an excuse to join the 'I love DCUO so....' post club when we are in an 8 hour outage today.

No worries...keep your junk collections. I'll keep selling them for a buck or deleting them when I get them I suppose...or I'll run less omnis if I get frustrated enough.

I rescind the suggestion. Better loot would just make the omnis more attractive....why do that, right?
    • Like x 1
  10. Amoxin Well-Known Player

I agree that the rare items is the reason to get the omni box. There are still a few styles that I occasionally find, which is just bonus. I know that a lot of them don't sell for much, but for someone who isn't sitting on a dragon horde of cash, even a 1M item is something.

I would like to see more variety for sure. There are a few of the collectibles that I've seen more than a couple of times, so much so, that I wonder how big the pool of items actually is. Especially since admittedly I've maybe only opened 30 boxes total so far as most of the time I only do the solo/duo.
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Bro...if you can sell a collection from either of these 2 junk sets for 1M....
    [IMG]

Notice I don't say 'list' for 1M....I said 'sell'. And no...getting a screenshot of something you buy off yourself on an alt does not count as 'proof'...save your screenshots...those of you who were getting them ready.
  12. GermanM Committed Player

Nooo collecction´s are good, if you dont need one and cannot sell it just discard. Is not always easy find Q to do some instances with the low population we have.
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Not according to everything we've been told over the last year. Stupid easy to get into anything you want...just queue up and let Omni fill it for you. To say different is to be against the 'ecosystem'.

And again...look in the broker. I'd check right now, but I'd say you can get either of THESE 2 collections for under 1M for the whole set.

No one is saying remove ALL collections....I just suggested these 2 particular 100% trash ones.

And I rescinded it....Leave them all. Add the Metro and Gotham street signs if you want (also very valuable). Makes it easier to ignore omnis...less people running omni should help your population issues...right?
  14. GermanM Committed Player

I frankly cannot see see a player thinking: "Hey i wanna run Omnibus... but wait, i will get a colleccion in the reward and probably is one i already have... no men, that kills the whole sense of Omnibus, i better will log out, that collecction is not going to ruin my game, hell no" - then the player log´s out.

Do you thing that is the main reason why people dont play omnibus?

I agree with improving Omnibus reward´s to push people to play it more, but dont see the point of removing Collecction´s.
  15. Amoxin Well-Known Player

Well, it wasn't either of those collections that I got that amount for. I think it was one of the Harley comics from BoP. I never said that those two particular collections are worth anything, yes I've gotten multiples of them too. If I look in the broker and see it for cheap, I just send it to an alt.

I really don't know why you keep jumping all over everything anyone says. I've been agreeing with you, no need to be condescending, or are you just that hateful?
  16. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

or...

The omni weekly box ALWAYS drops a collection you DON'T already have.

I like my solution more...
    • Like x 2
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I was saying congrats if you unloaded one from those HOP1 collections. Seriously...if you have, you pulled off something good.

The bottom was a reply to anyone who were thinking "Ha...I can just list one for 10m...buy it and send the screenshot" to 'prove' a point. It wasn't at you.

And as far as I'm replying...Yeah, it's my thread and I'm replying to people who are replying to me. That's pretty standard stuff.
  18. Amoxin Well-Known Player

OK, I misinterpreted that part about selling stuff. It just seems that all of your replies are pretty aggressive, which is your right, it is your thread after all.

Yes it definitely needs to be changed. As I said, I've maybe opened 30 boxes and received multiples of several collection items, including that stupid beard comb, so the pool needs to be changed or the randomization fixed or some sort of overhaul of the system.
    • Like x 1
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

You agree with improving the reward more, but don't consider trimming the fat that's in the box today as an improvement? Ok...that's a stance...I'll respect it. I'm guessing by 'improvement' you'd mean more marks...more salvage gear then...more catalysts?

And no...It's not the main reason people DON'T play omnibus, but I'd say that box and collection is the main reason people DO play omnibus. There is some 'value' to be gained. A few marks, available eveywhere...is probably not the top one. A piece of gear, available in a min in several solo runs...is probably not it either. A shot at some catalysts you'd have to farm elsewhere. Sure....I can see that one. But I'd assume MOST people want the collection...hopefully to snag a "warsuit gauntlet" or "complex crime scene riddle"....but reasonably happy when they get 'something' they either need or can sell for a few bucks. I'd guess if it's something someone 'needs' it's because they are hard to farm, hard to find in the broker or very expensive when you do find them (otherwise...why not have them already?)

I'm just suggesting thinning the herd by removing the WORST collections in the box. Worst not because I don't personally need them...worst not because they are not valuable...no...worst because in the content they drop in...they drop like mad. Worst because there is a very easy avenue to get them elsewhere in the broker as well.

And logging out? Nah, but I know I've run on a few alts, planning on running more Omni raids (did these last night), and after drawing 3 of these in a row(no joke...and 2 were duplicates of each other), I was done running omnis for that night. Not worth my time. Probably not worth a lot of people's time.

So maybe it is just a balance issue and the HOP1 have more chance of dropping than some others. The BOP ones also seem to drop a lot, but at least there are 2 'valuable' ones to hope for in there. You've got a shot at least.
    • Like x 1
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Sounds good. The ONLY thing I see as an issue with this is I have several toons that would never run omni(raids at least) again...as they don't need any drop collections.

Also, you'd be able to game the system by filling out all but the most expensive ones on a bunch of toons then farm those collections and flood the broker, driving the value down. 'Beard comb' would still be worthless...but so would 'warsuit gauntlet' or 'intel on white martians curse' after a bit of time.

I'm fine with RNG doling out bad collections, as long as there are a few good ones inside that collection set. If I pull a JLD 'magician' card, at least there are the 'fool' or 'sickness' cards I might also pull. For every 'Lobo: The high cost of living', there might be a 'Death of Harley Quinn' too.