Gotham Wastelands "Farming"

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Raven Nocturnal, Aug 5, 2022.

1. GermanM Committed Player

They need find ways to make us return to those maps, this game have a lot of content but we only do endgame now, agree. But the thing in GW was only a chater´s lvl up spot. Yeah, a lot of non cheaters use it as well, but i think this in the end could be a good thing, the game have a lot of solo´s, duos etc, why rush the trip to end game so fast? enjoy the travel.
    • Like x 1
  2. Mister Hando Active Player

To be clear, I am against "Exploits".
    But, when a Little Level can only win 1 Mark and no piece of armouries to be a little better. I don't like that. And Yes, it is no Fun !
    And, if we must only do Duo, Alert and Raid to win piece of armouries, it is ok for me ! But, The Staff must erase Old Map...
  3. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

I was finally getting my Gotham Wastelands feats about six months ago and like barely anyone was in the one phase. So weird it got super popular all of a sudden and people were calling for it in LFG? Where were these players months ago?
    • Like x 1
  4. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

That's "word of mouth" for ya. People that "knew" kept it hush hush. Wonder why?
  5. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

because some of us don't see "cheating on a regular basis" as a valid form of game progression.

apparently not a perspective we share.
    • Like x 2
  6. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

This is really too bad that the developers took the drops away across Gotham Wastelands. Even the boss rewards are gone and turning in the dailies to Wonder Woman now provides one Source Mark per daily. I was hoping to get some gear on an alt while running these, but it seems like a waste of effort now. I don't understand why they didn't move the rewards to the Wonder Woman interaction.
    • Like x 2
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

No gear at all now...nice. Way to get people interested in THAT OW area.
    • Like x 2
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

If you can explain the essential difference, outside of time spent, in the GW farming (now gone) and running repeat Funhouses or any other 'quick', cannot fail solo runs, I'd be interested. One is queue up, one is OW....ok, not sure that difference = cheating. What's another? Cheezy? Sure....but so is running Manhiems 100x for 100 pieces of gear in a few hours. Cheating? Guess they better shut that run down then too.
    • Like x 1
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Well guess what? "Removed Omnibus gear drops from early game walk-in instance bosses."
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...er-hotfix-august-26-2022.324396/#post-4529626
    • Like x 1
  10. GermanM Committed Player

When you said old maps are you talking about all tears below 6?
  11. GermanM Committed Player

12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

yes.
    • Like x 1
  13. Mister Hando Active Player

Yes the different World before Tier 6 and the End of the Tier 5.
    Now, no interest to spend time on them. It is totally gabage.
  14. GermanM Committed Player

There are some feats attached to those maps. If they do that they will have to give players all of them.
  15. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I do not understand why those who make decisions for this game are always cutting off their noses to spite their faces.
    • Like x 2
  16. GermanM Committed Player

I think they are trying to reduce the fast lvl ways so this 3 things can happen:

1) Speed Hackers have it more hard to take a character to endgame.

2) Motivate new people to do old instances.

3) Make people without patiance pay for the skip CR in marketplace.
  17. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

The problem is that the rewards for lower tiered open world missions are already lower than higher tiers. There are fewer reward boxes and fewer marks for players as they do those missions, and now they also will not receive gear for the content. It makes it less enticing for newer players to do open world missions. They should tie reward boxes to the mission turn in to provide players with the rewards the bosses used to drop.
    • Like x 2
  18. GermanM Committed Player

I believe the change is only for instances you can access using a portal. Aplies to open world maps too?
  19. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Hmmm, maybe I am misinterpreting where the change applies. Are speed hackers going into the walk-in portals to raids in order to farm gear and marks while avoiding being as conspicuous? If so, I am in favor of that change, though it may affect some leagues who do so for their own farming. If this is also removing drops from open world bosses, that is where I am concerned.

In either case, I still think the developers need to go back to old open world content and rebalance the rewards for those missions to match those that were added in the past 2-3 years.
  20. Mister Hando Active Player

When I talk to Old Map, it is not instance for the New Player but the mission done on it. Actually, The New player have no interest to travel on the different World. If the goal of the Staff is to disgust New Player to travel on the different World : Good Job ! It is a real success for the Staff. And a World without Player on it, how could you do the Bounties ?

The Fight against Speed Hacker, i am 200% ok with that.

And I think everyone spend enough Mark on different thing on the game : artifacts, allies...